Hero bull kills top Spanish matador on live TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Jesus Christ, what a load of bollocks. Hitler was a fecking baby once too. Nobody's celebrating his death. But most prolly aren't too arsed about it considering he was involved in a "sport" where these animals are tortured. And make no mistake about it, if you've ever seen one in person there's no doubt that it's unnecessarily cruel and torturous. And I don't care if he grew up in the culture, when you see these animals drugged, profusely sweating, and bleeding to death before the inevitable end all for the enjoyment of a bunch of cnuts, he and others should know better.
That's very narrow minded of you then. Hitler was the decision maker. This guy is the result of those decisions. I don't know why you can't see the difference. Imagine a vegan got happy that someone died of food poisoning by eating a burger. I am not saying this is the same, but to him and the culture he grew up in it is the same thing.

Manny

Grammar Police
It's a terrible sport but the tough guys saying "good" and "well done" on here have questionable IQ levels.

This guy was probably brought up in the sport. His surroundings probably taught him that this is right, it's a part of culture and it is how it is. It is the job of the officials and the government to ban this sport - you can't expect the locals to just one day go "alright. I wont earn a living like this anymore".

I feel sorry for him and his family. It is tragic to see a young man pass this way. Just think that he too was a new born child one day, the joy of his parents. He was a young boy at some point that was loved by his mother and father. What his family must be going through, I cannot imagine. RIP. Sad to hear about this, but even worse to see his death almost celebrated on here.
We could say this kind of thing about a lot of the fecked up, hateful and sadistic people in the world.

That's very narrow minded of you then. Hitler was the decision maker. This guy is the result of those decisions. I don't know why you can't see the difference. Imagine a vegan got happy that someone died of food poisoning by eating a burger. I am not saying this is the same, but to him and the culture he grew up in it is the same thing.
Theres a difference between a drawn out torture of an animal for entertainment and killing it for food. Even the most militant vegans would agree with that.

Stringer

Maybe his death will discourage fellow idiots from going down the same route.

shamans

We could say this kind of thing about a lot of the fecked up, hateful and sadistic people in the world.

Theres a difference between a drawn out torture of an animal for entertainment and killing it for food.
I totally agree there's a difference which is why I hate this sport but celebrating his death does not achieve anything. Again, there's a difference between murderes and bull fighters. You have to understand this is not someone straying of the norm. Wherever he grew up, this WAS the norm.

I come from a background where cockfighting is considered normal. up until my late teens I didn't see anything wrong with it. Only until I spent some time in the west is when I realized how brutal and barbaric it is to see two brids gore each other to death for your own entertainment.

Perspective and your culture are powerful things. You cannot just expect that this guy would have realized what he did wrong. We need to think of this in a more educated manner rather than celebrating deaths. His death should also be one of the reasons why this sport is wrong -- not just the bulls being tortured.

Maybe his death will discourage fellow idiots from going down the same route.
That is unlikely. It is a gruesome sport. Awarness and strict laws will do a better job.

Verminator

I totally agree there's a difference which is why I hate this sport but celebrating his death does not achieve anything. Again, there's a difference between murderes and bull fighters. You have to understand this is not someone straying of the norm. Wherever he grew up, this WAS the norm.

I come from a background where cockfighting is considered normal. up until my late teens I didn't see anything wrong with it. Only until I spent some time in the west is when I realized how brutal and barbaric it is to see two brids gore each other to death for your own entertainment.

Perspective and your culture are powerful things. You cannot just expect that this guy would have realized what he did wrong. We need to think of this in a more educated manner rather than celebrating deaths. His death should also be one of the reasons why this sport is wrong -- not just the bulls being tortured.

That is unlikely. It is a gruesome sport. Awarness and strict laws will do a better job.
BULLSHIT!
He would have been fully aware of the opposition to his "sport" and the reasoning behind its marginalisation.
His is a conscious choice to inflict this abhorent cruelty.
Unless you are suggesting he was not mentally competent, in which case it would be good enough reason to shut it all down.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Jesus Christ, what a load of bollocks. Hitler was a fecking baby once too. Nobody's celebrating his death. But most prolly aren't too arsed about it considering he was involved in a "sport" where these animals are tortured. And make no mistake about it, if you've ever seen one in person there's no doubt that it's unnecessarily cruel and torturous. And I don't care if he grew up in the culture, when you see these animals drugged, profusely sweating, and bleeding to death before the inevitable end all for the enjoyment of a bunch of cnuts, he and others should know better.
Many, if not perhaps most of these people, are nice people (or "normal", to put it another way). They're doing cnutish stuff, and they'll fight for their right to do it, like Americans do with their guns. I abhoerre bullfights and will always stand against them, but @shamans has some relevant points in there. You need to be closer to understand the issue.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Strange that the meat is expensive. In America we use bull meat for hamburgers. Well, that and old dairy cows.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It's sad that the bull would have eventually died, RIP bull :(
Dunno how true it is, but I read that if the bull wins, they kill him and the rest of his living bloodline. Not sure why. Do they think the bloodline is part of a breed of ninja-like human-killing Super Bulls?

The shittiest of sports.

VP

It's a terrible sport but the tough guys saying "good" and "well done" on here have questionable IQ levels.

This guy was probably brought up in the sport. His surroundings probably taught him that this is right, it's a part of culture and it is how it is. It is the job of the officials and the government to ban this sport - you can't expect the locals to just one day go "alright. I wont earn a living like this anymore".

I feel sorry for him and his family. It is tragic to see a young man pass this way. Just think that he too was a new born child one day, the joy of his parents. He was a young boy at some point that was loved by his mother and father. What his family must be going through, I cannot imagine. RIP. Sad to hear about this, but even worse to see his death almost celebrated on here.
Finally some sense. I've resisted saying this because it'll just re-initiate another tedious vegetarian debate but I don't see much difference between bullfighting and eating a burger. Both involve the torture and murder of animals for pleasure.

Rory 7

Finally some sense. I've resisted saying this because it'll just re-initiate another tedious vegetarian debate but I don't see much difference between bullfighting and eating a burger. Both involve the torture and murder of animals for pleasure.
Quite. I'm also willing to bet most folks have never been in a field with a real bull before. A bull can do serious damage. I know a farmer who was almost killed by a bull, left with very serious injuries. I'm not defending bull fighting but the PC brigade need to wise up and realise bulls are horrible cnuts.

Kaos

The fact that Bull was going to be killed anyway makes me give less of a shit about the Matador dying. Good on the bull for taking him down with him.

Plus one for Darwinism.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Yes, because slaughter of a bull in a slaughterhouse which today is done as humanely as possible is totally comparable to slowly torturing a bull to death by stabbing it with swords.

Also the meaning behind it is totally the same. I mean producing food vs producing entertainment out of killing a bull, it is virtually the same thing. Hardly possible to seperate.

And no, I dont want to do a tedious veggie debate, since there is no debate to be had. Just get a handheld mirror, gape really wide and analyze your teeth, and there you will have the answer for what nature and evolution intended for you to eat.

SwansonsTache

Quite. I'm also willing to bet most folks have never been in a field with a real bull before. A bull can do serious damage. I know a farmer who was almost killed by a bull, left with very serious injuries. I'm not defending bull fighting but the PC brigade need to wise up and realise bulls are horrible cnuts.
Bulls are unintelligent 1000 pound animals with huge horns and massive amounts of testosterone, what do you expect?

If you lump your skinny ass in the sea and get attacked by a Great White who mistakes you for a seal, was that shark a cnut then? Or did it just act upon it's instinct, nature and evolutionary path?

Manny

Grammar Police
Yeah, I refuse to eat any McDonalds beef that hasn't been made to run around town and then a bull pen after being strategically stabbed in the neck and back, all to make Spanish boys in skin tight Halloween costumes look badass... :houllier:

:smirk:

Cats are horrible cnuts too and a dog tried chewing my leg off when I was kid. I can't imagine you'd ever want to see cats and dog go through something similar.

SwansonsTache

Yeah, I refuse to eat any McDonalds beef that hasn't been made to run around town and then a bull pen after being strategically stabbed in the neck and back, all to make Spanish boys in skin tight Halloween costumes look badass... :houllier:

:smirk:

Cats are horrible cnuts too and a dog tried chewing my leg off when I was kid. I can't imagine you'd ever want to see cats and dog go through something similar.
These two guys and their "arguments" are just totally off. I think one suffers under the lack of animal proteine, and the other under the lack of understanding of nature.

Rory 7

Bulls are unintelligent 1000 pound animals with huge horns and massive amounts of testosterone, what do you expect?

If you lump your skinny ass in the sea and get attacked by a Great White who mistakes you for a seal, was that shark a cnut then? Or did it just act upon it's instinct, nature and evolutionary path?
Sharks are cnuts too. It's a well known fact.

SwansonsTache

Sharks are cnuts too. It's a well known fact.
The truest cnuts in nature are the Bullshark (ridiculously agressive, territorial) and the saltwater croc (hunts for humans, territorial).

Rory 7

Cats aren't cnuts. Cats are cool. Cool cats.

SwansonsTache

I just got horribly harassed privately by a mod due to my hatred for cats.

VP

Yes, because slaughter of a bull in a slaughterhouse which today is done as humanely as possible is totally comparable to slowly torturing a bull to death by stabbing it with swords.

Also the meaning behind it is totally the same. I mean producing food vs producing entertainment out of killing a bull, it is virtually the same thing. Hardly possible to seperate.

And no, I dont want to do a tedious veggie debate, since there is no debate to be had. Just get a handheld mirror, gape really wide and analyze your teeth, and there you will have the answer for what nature and evolution intended for you to eat.
You're deluded if you think the average slaughter of the bull is done as humanely as possible. We don't meat to survive - we eat it because it feels good (the same reason why they fight bulls).

Miscemayl

Sadly this is more likely to make the "sport" even more rigged.
Hopefully the death will discourage those thinking about starting a career in the "sport"..

And no sympathy at all. He asked for it, and for once, the bull complied.

Last edited:

Diver

....and nobody likes a diver.
Watch Diver Shoots His Load In The General
I saw a live bullfight in Madrid around 2010/11. I took my girlfriend at the time (I know, what a romantic bastard I am!) . I went in knowing that I wouldn't enjoy it but it was my attempt at experiencing culture, "seeing the world", including the negative sides of it. I went in expecting a surreal experience, to witness an abhorrent event take place in a seemingly westernized part of the globe. It's odd to see such an archaic form of "entertainment" still in practice with quite surprising popularity. It wasn't in some underground part of Spain but in Spain's capital city and in a very much celebrated stadium called Las Ventas, it holds around 24k people.

It was absolutely bizarre and I felt as if I was in another era. The bull had clearly been sedated and god knows what else the animal had been subjected to before the "fight", but the thing that perhaps got to me the most was that the very large crowd were all jeering the bull en masse, I felt alone as someone who went to experience the strange and not to actively cheer on people who are torturing and murdering an animal. I had expected the crowd to be a bit more neutral than they were, perhaps with more likeminded people who went in for an experience of watching something different from the norm or maybe some undecided people who would go without knowing if it was for them or not.

It's not something I would want to see again but I am glad I saw a bull "fight", it's an experience that is unlike anything else I have had (not a positive one), it was odd being surrounded by the expectation of barbarity for entertainments sake. It's not a sport, it is public execution and torture of an animal. I don't necessarily feel elation when I read about matadors being gored, injured or in this case killed but I certainly do not care that they end up hurt. "feck 'em", If your job involves provoking and killing potentially dangerous animals that are simply trying to survive then to get hurt by them once in a while is an occupational hazard that should happen more frequently than it does. If it truly was treated as a sport the bull should be free to live a privileged life as he won, I'm assuming this wasn't the outcome though.

Last edited:

shamans

I'm a meat eater and love eating my meat but you clearly have no understanding of the meat industry. It is brutal. Especially in countries that aren't fully developed.

Anyway, for arguments sake suppose that I am right and the meat industry really is gross where cows go through a lot of pain, would you be celebrating if someone died of eating a burger? Problems need to be solved. Deaths due to that problem should not be celebrated.

I think I am done arguing in this thread though.

Manny

Grammar Police
I'm a meat eater and love eating my meat but you clearly have no understanding of the meat industry. It is brutal. Especially in countries that aren't fully developed.

Anyway, for arguments sake suppose that I am right and the meat industry really is gross where cows go through a lot of pain, would you be celebrating if someone died of eating a burger? Problems need to be solved. Deaths due to that problem should not be celebrated.

I think I am done arguing in this thread though.
A matador is more akin to a really fecked up slaughterhouse worker than a consumer. Would I care if one of the cows killed the slaughterhouse worker in the story below. Probably not.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-bludgeoned-death-sledgehammers-Vietnam.html

Also, Spain isn't a less developed country. There might be a need for education in a developing country but in Spain, you would have hoped they'd be more clued on regarding animal welfare.

shamans

A matador is more akin to a really fecked up slaughterhouse worker than a consumer. Would I care if one of the cows killed the slaughterhouse worker in the story below. Probably not.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-bludgeoned-death-sledgehammers-Vietnam.html

Also, Spain isn't a less developed country. There might be a need for education in a developing country but in Spain, you would have hoped they'd be more clued on regarding animal welfare.
Well I don't think that's right. He is not the policy maker. He is part of a system where he's told a job to be done.

Diver

....and nobody likes a diver.
Watch Diver Shoots His Load In The General
I think anybody who thinks a bullfight is a legitimate and fair 50/50 contest needs to educate themselves on this as it is clearly not in any way a balanced fight. People defend these matadors by basically saying "well they're brave to go into such an imbalanced scenario against a giant monster" but in reality it's quite the opposite, it is nowhere near as close to being a contest as it's portrayed to be. There is no honour in killing and there is especially no honour in killing that which is so disadvantaged to you. These bulls are not fit, able creatures before the "fights", the truth is:
  • The bull gets tortured for 2 days prior to the event taking place.
  • They are weakened, blinded from having substances rubbed in their eyes.
  • Cotton is shoved up the nostrils to making breathing barely possible.
  • Their legs are greased to make it hard to remain balance.
  • They antagonize and provoke the bull by shoving wet paper in their ears and prodding the bulls testicles. Not to the mention that they are put in an enclosure without sun light for a few days and when the bull is finally let out (for the "fight") they run towards the light which is actually the bullring. They are not prepared or even capable of defence against trained matadors, occasionally (like here) the bull will get lucky and hurt the matador.
  • If all of the above wasn't enough they also inject drugs into the animal to ensure that the bull is only semi-conscious.
  • The "fight" isn't a one-on-one thing either, there are a series of secondary matadors who get involved intermittently stabbing the bull to further lower the odds of survival.
  • The bull is not the only animal harmed in these fights, the secondary matadors ride horses and those get gored by bulls as they lash out at whatever they can.
In my opinion using upbringing and culture as an excuse is only reasonable to a certain extent. To use the Nazi regime as a comparison is lunacy, the Nazis were following orders and would likely be executed if they went against these orders. These guys have the option to not kill an innocent and highly disadvantaged animal. There is a reason why the overwhelming majority of bullfights go in the favour of the matador and that is because it is rigged as much as is humanly possible. No doubt they are heavily influenced from a young age but it is entirely possible to create your own decisions about these things upon adulthood, especially something as barbarous as this. Other Spanish cities are waking up to this. I fail to even see how the matadors can have any self-respect as they aren't fighting a normal, able, fit bull.

The idea that animal slaughter is comparable is frankly a massive stretch. I'm sure that not ALL animal slaughterhouses are humane but in most civilised countries there are laws and regulations put in place to try to ensure that animals killed for consumption are done so as humanely possible. There really would be no reason not to, the people that do not follow these regulations are doing so immorally and (in most civilised societies) illegally. It's not comparable, unless you work under the assumption that all slaughterhouses have a similar process to inflicting what the bulls go through before a fight, if you believe that these slaughterhouses are in the majority then you sincerely need help. These animals are killed to be ate, you cannot compare an animal being killed in a factory to an animal that has experienced all of the above bullet points and killed for entertainment purposes. You could argue that neither are morally correct but the differences are vast. People eat meat largely for taste and nutritional purposes, I don't think people jeer their meat before they eat it.

Last edited:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
A human that offered nothing but suffering to a helpless animal that would act like a pet if given the opportunity. He's acted like a tit and made a career of it. Game over.
:lol: I'm no fan of bull fighting but I'm guessing you've never been near a bull? Pets they are not and never shall be. They're incredibly aggressive and would not hesitate to kill you if the opportunity arose. That's their nature, probably due to all the testosterone in their enormous balls, as I've found steers to be very pleasant animals.

Tarrou

I actually had a pet bull when I was a kid. He was really friendly to be fair. Me and my family lived on a farm and looked after him from birth after his mother rejected him. He got massive though, as bulls do, so wasn't a pet for long.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
:lol: I'm no fan of bull fighting but I'm guessing you've never been near a bull? Pets they are not and never shall be. They're incredibly aggressive and would not hesitate to kill you if the opportunity arose. That's their nature, probably due to all the testosterone in their enormous balls, as I've found steers to be very pleasant animals.
I was very, very drunk when I wrote that (3.30am Sunday). But Tarrou and especially Ivor have backed up my drunken sentiments with real life facts, so screw you Dwayne.

Status
Not open for further replies.