Higuain to leave Real Madrid

Varun

Staff
Too high a price for him but in a way understandable given how many teams need strikers and how few of them are available.

Castia

Madrid have done well to get that fee, 37m for what is essentially their back up striker. He's a good player but it really puts the 20m bids we were receiving for Rooney into prospective.

Madrid have just received over 60m for what is essentially 3 squad players...incredible.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Not so incredible when you take into account it's Rafa Benitez paying for them.

Stickles

Liverpool must be in a very strong position with Arsenal over Suarez now Higuain looks like he's gone.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Madrid have done well to get that fee, 37m for what is essentially their back up striker.
And if they can get Suarez for 40m, they essentially replacing a backup with a better striker that potentially could even be their main player. Owners should really can't trust Rafa with money.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
I'm actually a bit surprised that Arsenal haven't got an interest in Benzema so far. For me he's a superior player to Higuain and I think should be achievable.
Probably as R.Madrid don't look like they wanna sell him. I don't think he'd leave them unless he is told to find another club.

NoLogo

Madrid have done well to get that fee, 37m for what is essentially their back up striker. He's a good player but it really puts the 20m bids we were receiving for Rooney into prospective.

Madrid have just received over 60m for what is essentially 3 squad players...incredible.
They promised Rafa he would be the next Real coach if he spends big on their players this Summer. :D

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I will be absolutely shocked if he doesn't end up at Arsenal, even more shocked if Rooney isn't his strike partner.

How are Arsenals ST sales going :confused:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Just a note from the Spanish press. They think Higuain wants to go to Arsenal. Madrid think Napoli are bidding more like the right price and are sitting back waiting to see what other offers they can get. They aren't in a hurry to sell, despite Higuain saying publicly that he's ready to leave.

Sounds like everyone's being invited to play chicken.

Ekeke

Yep going to Napoli. Knew that him holding out for Arsenal would be bollocks, Napoli are a good team with title winning aspirations.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I feel i'm probably missing something quite significant, but is this a Maradona reference or something else?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Seems Rafa has taken on himself to make sure Madrid recoup as much money as possible.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
40mill Euros is the rumoured price, almost £35mill. R.Madrid will feel justified at pulling out of talks with us but I think we would of got seriously mugged at that money, I'd expect Benzema not Higuain for that!

I feel i'm probably missing something quite significant, but is this a Maradona reference or something else?
Looks like they are taking a dig at Juve with that banner. Juve were in for him earlier this summer so am guessing that is what it refers to.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Italians are mad, how do they know when these players arrive?

Anyway, this puts pressure on Arsenal completing a Suarez deal.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
40mill Euros is the rumoured price, almost £35mill. R.Madrid will feel justified at pulling out of talks with us but I think we would of got seriously mugged at that money, I'd expect Benzema not Higuain for that!

Looks like they are taking a dig at Juve with that banner. Juve were in for him earlier this summer so am guessing that is what it refers to.

No way is Higuain worth that much. What world am I living in?

starman

Real are just as bad as us when getting as much money when selling on players (Ronaldo being the exception of course, though some say we should have got even more).

Though if they get £35m for Higuain, that will be pretty exceptional. I rate him, but 20m seems more what he is worth. However the transfer market has been completely distorted by PSG, Monaco and Zeint, i dont even think i could even put City in that bracket.

SuecoGitano

It's way too much money. But makes sense vs prices paid for falcao and cavani and other forwards..

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Nothing to take stick about. Madrid being dicks and upping the price is something we can't help.

If, however, we don't land a striker and midfielder by September...

Baxter

Italians are mad, how do they know when these players arrive?

Anyway, this puts pressure on Arsenal completing a Suarez deal.
I read on Twitter that a couple hundred turned up to Naples airport, only to find out the player was coming in from Rome. :lol: