Television Hijack - Apple TV Series

mu4c_20le

Started off strong but it's dragging on a bit. The acting is great, but there are some flaws in the writing, as been pointed out. I also do not care about the politics. Realistically this should have ended in Hungary.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Started off strong but it's dragging on a bit. The acting is great, but there are some flaws in the writing, as been pointed out. I also do not care about the politics. Realistically this should have ended in Hungary.
What politics? The only thing I've noticed is that the people playing cabinet ministers are unrealistically competent.

It started to jump the shark a little on the last one now it's become apparent that
all the hijackers are being blackmailed into it by some really rotten shits who all live on the same street and seemingly can get to anyone with impunity.

Have a feeling that in the next episode Idris is going to
use the info about who the hitman was to turn them against each other
but we'll see.

wr8_utd

:'(
OK episode, not as good as the previous 4. Predictable ending, and the less said about Beesley's character letting the old lady wander off the better. They surely would have sent dozens of armed police with them to her house?

I'm starting to think this'll end on a cliffhanger and not be a one series and done situation. I hope I'm wrong.
This was such painfully and obviously poor writing just to bring in an incident that will probably be pivotal going forward. I'm not a fan of when shows disrespect your intelligence. "Need a tissue"

wr8_utd

I genuinely can't believe TV shows continue to insult audiences with the ridiculously obvious switcheroo in tunnels and blind spots. First Daniel letting the mother go out for a tissue and now not one of them figuring out what happened in the forest when it was painfully obvious.

The rest of the episode was entertaining enough. The son will surely die.

wr8_utd

Who’s this new gunman?
I think quite clearly the person that the Edgar fellow texted from the new car and new phone. I think they'd kept her in reserve for the final stages of the planes and I think she's clearly capable of handling an airplane and landing it if required. Won't be surprised if they do something ridiculous like go pick up Edgar and fly him to North Africa :lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I think quite clearly the person that the Edgar fellow texted from the new car and new phone. I think they'd kept her in reserve for the final stages of the planes and I think she's clearly capable of handling an airplane and landing it if required. Won't be surprised if they do something ridiculous like go pick up Edgar and fly him to North Africa :lol:
Must not have noticed the texting. Thought she was a sky marshal for a brief moment due to her having the gun on her person, but that thought quickly went away.

wr8_utd

must not have noticed the texting. Thought she was an air marshal for a brief moment due to her having the gun on her person, but that thought quickly went away.
Yep, when Edgar enters the new car, he immediately texts someone "NOW". Given that the lady's phone vibrated instantly, seems obvious she's a hijacker. Also, she's the same person that Sam was consoling in the first episode if I'm not wrong.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yep, when Edgar enters the new car, he immediately texts someone "NOW". Given that the lady's phone vibrated instantly, seems obvious she's a hijacker. Also, she's the same person that Sam was consoling in the first episode if I'm not wrong.
Gotcha. Saw the text, but I didn’t catch the phone vibration, still had the Rays game playing on another screen in vain hopes of a comeback.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Enjoyed that episode. Yeah it’s not brilliantly written but it’s entertaining enough when you just need to switch off. Interesting to see how they end it.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
24 did all this type of stuff about 100x better, two decades ago.

Last edited:

Big Andy

Bloke
I'm saving this up to watch when I'm on my back for a few weeks after my op.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
"don't follow us or we'll start killing hostages"

3 black SUV's 20 yards behind at pace on a quiet country road :lol:

If they just killed those 2 boomers on the ground they could all call it a day, hostages and hijackers alike.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
"don't follow us or we'll start killing hostages"

3 black SUV's 20 yards behind at pace on a quiet country road :lol:
Rolled my eyes at the incompetence initially but then remembered that they're the Met Police and began applauding the realism.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Since when did it become possible to fire a gun onboard a passenger aircraft without holing the fuselage.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Since when did it become possible to fire a gun onboard a passenger aircraft without holing the fuselage.
Depends on what the round hits before coming into contact with the fuselage. Could also be using subsonic rounds (@Dr. Dwayne for a confirm or not, I could be talking out my ass here).

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
There seems to be a lot of shows lately that look like they might be great but only end up middle of the road. I keep watching but I dont know what it is but its just not compelling enough for me. I dont dislike it but its just lacking a bit of something special to make it really good. Maybe over the last decade or so I have seen some really great shows and now have my expectations too high.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Depends on what the round hits before coming into contact with the fuselage. Could also be using subsonic rounds (@Dr. Dwayne for a confirm or not, I could be talking out my ass here).
I'd agree it's possible. Factory 9mm rounds excepted it could be done with the right powder load and projectile and of course depends on what you hit and where any missed shots or through and throughs hit the fuselage.

I'd guess that altitude would also be a factor in the outcome of any compromise of the fuselage.

OptimisedRed

Great show, they've not tried to be clever and over complicate it making it very easy to watch.
In other news Neil's dad from inbetweeners seems to be doing alright. Wonder if he's still with the gardener?

Tarrou

when they came up with this plan to hijack and crash a plane for a short trade how did they expect to get their money out?

I know you're supposed to suspend your disbelief with this crap but come on :lol:

your bank accounts would easily be traced and then immediately frozen

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Quite enjoyed that until the last 5 minutes.
Was just about to write exactly this.

I found myself wanting the show to be done right about when the plane's doors somehow shut.

Overall it was a cute little series that was enjoyable overall.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.

I found myself wanting the show to be done right about when the plane's doors somehow shut.

Great minds, Cal. I was hoping for some cathartic reunions on the runway but it wasn't to be. Solid series, for sure.

I can see them continuing it Die Hard-style: wrong time, wrong place, right guy.

The Firestarter

It would have made sense if some dramatic twist happened right there. Otherwise it was just filler as it was.

wr8_utd

For London's sake, I hope they do shoot down such a plane in real life. This was ridiculous with it flying all over :lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
For London's sake, I hope they do shoot down such a plane in real life. This was ridiculous with it flying all over :lol:
Are planes allowed to fly over key governmental buildings in London or are there exclusion zones?

mu4c_20le

I thought the lady who convinced the PM not to shoot it down was making a ridiculous gamble by putting thousands of lives in the hands of Amanda. And of course the ending which was completely unnecessary, felt like they only did that so Elba could throw that cheese line back into the bad guys face.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Was disappointed in the last episode

the whole motive for hijacking the plane was silly.

the idea that a hijacked plane could just fly around London was too stupid.

the Home Secretary and that other woman saying they make the decisions and not the PM - again a bit silly.

why would Sam’s son sneak towards one of the cleaners when he knew there were two

also I’m pretty sure if you murder someone on a plane and hijack it, you wouldn’t be immediately absolved of any consequences and be allowed to walk away from it just because you’re family had been kidnapped like Amanda did.

Still enjoyed it overall, but let down by the ending.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Absolute rubbish final episode. Series trajectory was similar to that of the plane...started off in the ascendency, cruised along with a few notable incidents and an occasional veer off course, then ran out of fuel and crashed into an airfield.

Last edited:

wr8_utd

Absolute rubbish final episode. Series trajectory was similar to that of the plane...started off in the ascendency, cruised along with a few notable incidents and an occasional veer off course, then ran out of fuel and crashed into an airfield.
Absolutely spot on.
Was disappointed in the last episode

the whole motive for hijacking the plane was silly.

the idea that a hijacked plane could just fly around London was too stupid.

the Home Secretary and that other woman saying they make the decisions and not the PM - again a bit silly.

why would Sam’s son sneak towards one of the cleaners when he knew there were two

also I’m pretty sure if you murder someone on a plane and hijack it, you wouldn’t be immediately absolved of any consequences and be allowed to walk away from it just because you’re family had been kidnapped like Amanda did.

Still enjoyed it overall, but let down by the ending.
Yup. I feel the same. I enjoyed the show a lot and I'm prepared for some amounts of lack of realism but everything in that finale was just a bit nuts.