Hillsborough

Johnno

Just curious, can anyone show me a Munich Memorial thread from that RAWK site or anything?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Just curious, can anyone show me a Munich Memorial thread from that RAWK site or anything?
not sure how that is relevant in this thread Johnno; unless you're going for the childish angle.. i would hope that you are above that fella

Johnno

not sure how that is relevant in this thread Johnno; unless you're going for the childish angle.. i would hope that you are above that fella
I just wanna see the Scouse reciprocation Blunder, how is that being childish? I'm not trying to start nowt, I just was curious as I didn't see at the time, or can remember, any Scouse tributes to the Fallen Greats of Munich......

mjs020294

I can see Johnno's point. There is a slight difference between Munich and Hillsborough though: The latter is still fresh in the minds of many and it was just ordinary fans like us.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I just wanna see the Scouse reciprocation Blunder, how is that being childish? I'm not trying to start nowt, I just was curious as I didn't see at the time, or can remember, any Scouse tributes to the Fallen Greats of Munich......
This isn't the right thread to put across that point Johnno.

Just avoid it as i and no doubt a few others have.

Johnno

This isn't the right thread to put across that point Johnno.

Just avoid it as i and no doubt a few others have.
What fecking point? I'm asking a serious honest question, I'm just asking what the Scousers thought and said about Munich a year or so ago, that's all, feck sake.
I had a quick peep in the link provided below and fair dues, some Scousers paid respects properly, albeit with a few daft comments such as Edwards could have been as good as Billy Liddel (stupid cnut), I suppose I never could be botherted listening or reading what the Liverpool, Chelsea, Leeds fans etc had to say at the time knowing there woul have been a few cock remarks although the City lads at OT that day were impeccably respectful.....

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Hardly i think Johnno was referring to a wider issue.

Best left for other threads, not a remebrance one...
He asked simply for a Munich Memorial thread from RAWK - I gave him two.

Johnno

Easy tiger.

What you were suggesting was pretty obvious IMO.

Maybe i got you wrong.
Possibly.

I thought he was eluding to something else.
I just wanted to see the Scouse perspective on Munich and I think the two are related being the two biggest tragedies in both club's histories.
Don't worry, I don't expect pistols at dawn good sir, I bear you no ill grudge despite your suspicious manner!

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I just wanted to see the Scouse perspective on Munich and I think the two are related being the two biggest tragedies in both club's histories.
Don't worry, I don't expect pistols at dawn good sir, I bear you no ill grudge despite your suspicious manner!
Fair enough.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
If anyone wants to discuss Munich then this is not the thread.

gaffs

May have been a better idea to search RAWK like others have done.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Every Liverpool fan I speak with knows somebody who's family was affected by this tragedy.

RIP to the 96.

CircusMonkey

Hillsborough is important for every football fan everywhere.
Back then i was just starting to attend games weekly and i can still remember the way we were treated at away games, like cattle.
What happened on that day could have happened anywhere and to any group of supporters. 96 people had to die in the most horrible way, before the goverment addressed the issue..96 women children and young men. fans like us, people who just loved football.
Them 96 people deserve justice, and deserve every football fans respect and thoughts.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Back then i was just starting to attend games weekly and i can still remember the way the treated at away games, like cattle.
What happened on that day could have happened anywhere and to any group of supporters. 96 people had to die in the most horrible way, before the goverment addressed the issue..96 women children and young men. fans like us, people who just loved football.
Them 96 people deserve justice, and deserve every football fans respect and thoughts.
Well said.

theimperialinn

Paddy's gonna trip you up, Paddy's gonna mow you d
I hope we've got a bit more class than that lot.

I was watching This Morning earlier and there was a mother on it who lost 2 daughters that day.

After the aftermath she went back to their car in the hope that her husband and kids would be there and it was the only car left in th car park with none of her family in sight.

Her husband had to choose which daughter to go in the ambulance with and despite all the bodies on the pitch that day their children somehow happened to end up next to each other, the father left on his own to administer CPR.

It was a moving recollection of the days events bless her.

Anyone who does sing Hillsborough songs should read this ladies story and think again.

MUFCgal

I hope we've got a bit more class than that lot.

I was watching This Morning earlier and there was a mother on it who lost 2 daughters that day.

After the aftermath she went back to their car in the hope that her husband and kids would be there and it was the only car left in th car park with none of her family in sight.

Her husband had to choose which daughter to go in the ambulance with and despite all the bodies on the pitch that day their children somehow happened to end up next to each other, the father left on his own to administer CPR.

It was a moving recollection of the days events bless her.

Anyone who does sing Hillsborough songs should read this ladies story and think again.
Yeah I think I saw some of that too, bless her. I was watching something else about it earlier today as well and some woman said that the FA Cup final that year between Liverpool and Everton should have been scrapped and the Cup just given to Liverpool for what had happened.

Castolo

It's even more tragic when you look down that list and see brothers, fathers, sons etc. dying together. Whole families were destroyed on that day.

R.I.P.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Back then i was just starting to attend games weekly and i can still remember the way the treated at away games, like cattle.
agreed. I think we've all been to games and got caught up in crushes. most of us got out ok but this one went all wrong.

:mad:

VP

RIP the 96. Can't believe how young some of them were, a truly terrible tragedy that could've been prevented so easily.

Will there be a a minutes silence at the FA Cup semis? I sincerely hope United fans respect that.

Vanrouge

Anyone who has ever stood on the terraces can relate to what happened to those poor people. That day, it didn't matter what teams were playing, or which parts of the country the fans came from; they were football fans who had a passion for the game we all love, and they died horribly and what's even worse, it didn't have to happen at all. RIP and thoughts for the families and friends of the victims.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
RIP the 96. Can't believe how young some of them were, a truly terrible tragedy that could've been prevented so easily.

Will there be a a minutes silence at the FA Cup semis? I sincerely hope United fans respect that.
Anyone that doesn't should be banned for life...they're not football fans in my eyes.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.

:nervous:
United and Everton hmm...

manxmanc

It could well be a minutes applause, as its us and Everton...

manxmanc

A minute's applause? That'd be a terrible way to remember 96 people who died at a football game.
I agree.

However, due to the odd idiots you will likely get in a crowd of united and everton fans, when its a liverpool tragedy we are remembering, its the way the authorities may go, if they do anything at all.