Historical moments of cheating | With a super-sized portion of salt

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
If Denmark won that game it would have been a travesty. They were fecking shit and lucky it wasn’t a landslide

Dan_F

Also bear in mind that many England fans and journalists are still bitter about Maradonna’s hand ball. Nearly 40 years after it happened. A goal which didn’t decide the game.
Eh. You can’t expect England fans not to be happy because the ref made a wrong decision.

SER19

Also bear in mind that many England fans and journalists are still bitter about Maradonna’s hand ball. Nearly 40 years after it happened. A goal which didn’t decide the game.
Don't forget when Frank scored in the game Germany ripped them apart in.

At the very least can the absurd idea that 'English football' is about 'ard guys and tough tacklin' just die. PL is rampant with diving and sterling has cheated for his entire career.

I can't even fathom what would happen had a dane won that pen. The crowd was livid about Schmeichels joke!

FattyFooty

I thought the foul on Kane was a pen. So i guess all in all its not that bad.

He’s right and you’re wrong though. You really need to watch more replays.
No-one’s wrong is something we all have to come to realise with VAR, so many this tournament where it seems 50/50 on the opinions.
The defender is daft as feck, nowhere near the ball and hits Sterling’s knee.
Call it soft if you want, but I’d have been fuming with Walker if he’d have made the same idiot challenge. You simply don’t do that in the box.

Wayne's World

An absolute cheat Sterling is...luckily enough he doesn't have the talent of a Maradona because no-one will remember him bar a few English pissheads

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Eh. You can’t expect England fans not to be happy because the ref made a wrong decision.
It’s all this bollox about “Danes can’t complain, they didn’t deserve to win”. They lost by a single unfair goal. In 1982 England ended up losing by two goals and their fans/journos/pundits still won’t shut up about Maradonna’s handball. Sterling’s dive fully deserves to be equally infamous. Arguably more so, considering there was VAR involved.

OverratedOpinion

Two players jumped in front of him, one dangled a foot to unbalance him and the other ran into his thigh. Go to a park with 2 mates and try to run that fast with those two things happening and see what the result is.

Ridiculous thread.

Classical Mechanic

xG don’t decide games. The game was won by a single goal. So nothing you’re saying is relevant here.
Are you saying the Kane denied penalty was a dive?

I detest this kind of argument. The game was 1-1. The penalty was blatantly wrong. Hence, they were hard done by. You can shove your xG stats elsewhere.
Detest it all you want, the best team took the victory.

Yep, and I'm sure you just happily dealt with it and admitted the right side won when Drogba's offside goal won the league, or Scholes vs Porto, or Lampard vs Germany etc etc :lol:
Lampard vs Germany was completely different, it was an egregious era. Black and white. Although they were good value for their win overall.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
It’s all this bollox about “Danes can’t complain, they didn’t deserve to win”. They lost by a single unfair goal. In 1982 England ended up losing by two goals and their fans/journos/pundits still won’t shut up about it.
What happened in 1982? I'm an England fan and I genuinely can't remember any sort of incident, let alone something that people "won't shut up about".

Pickle85

Yep, was a dive. Can't pretend I'm not delighted for us to be through but I do feel for the Danes. Reckon we deserved the win but not like that. Still, I'll take it (sorry CafDanes).

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Lampard vs Germany was completely different, it was an egregious era. Black and white. Although they were good value for their win overall.
Yes, of course it's completely different, it went against England. :lol:

Nero

The agony and misery is always worse when you awake the morning after. SER19 still has the worst to come :(.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Some England fans are insufferable :lol:

All this bitterness and cry more talk just because it’s pointed out that was a clear dive. And xg to defend it, great stuff

TheReligion

Abusive
Denmark were trying to run the clock down from the 60 minute mark. Didn't deserve anything from the game anyway.

Baxter

I do hope the English will take it in good grace if the Italians shithouse their way to a win on a Sunday.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Some England fans are insufferable :lol:

All this bitterness and cry more talk just because it’s pointed out that was a clear dive. And xg to defend it, great stuff
Those types are just kids though. No point getting wound up by it.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
The pen wasn't even the worst ref decision in this game FFS! England would've been 1-0 up after 2 minutes had the ref given the backpass. Mount deffo would've scored from that.

Phil

I mean it wasn't a penalty IMO but I think people need to stop with the hyperbole...

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I know that fans and pundits have a weird obsession with “contact” but surely the officials are above that nonsense?

If I fling myself on the ground in the box, brushing my leg off a defender on the way down then there is definite contact. This doesn’t make it a foul.
Agree. It shouldn't be a penalty.

The minimal contact only matters in terms of VAR overturning it, because when they're instructed to barely ever intervene they essentially end up only overturning incidents like that if the ref got something factually incorrect, like if there was no contact at all when he thought there was.

Which is stupid, because it means they end up letting decisions they know they wouldn't give stand. They're too afraid of delaying things by intervening but if you're gonna have VAR it's stupid to have it as a half-measure. Let them refer it to the ref to look at and people can just suck up the delay.

Classical Mechanic

Agree. It shouldn't be a penalty.

The minimal contact only matters in terms of VAR overturning it, because when they're instructed to barely ever intervene they essentially end up only overturning incidents like that if the ref got something factually incorrect, like if there was no contact at all when he thought there was.

Which is stupid, because it means they end up letting decisions they know they wouldn't give stand. They're too afraid of delaying things by intervening but if you're gonna have VAR it's stupid to have it as a half-measure. Let them refer it to the ref to look at and people can just suck up the delay.
What about the Kane pen incident?

Born2Lose

As we've learnt with Gerrard and Rooney, it's not diving when England do it.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Those types are just kids though. No point getting wound up by it.
Not wound up, it’s funny to see the fans of a winning team getting to a final too busy melting down with excuses and being extremely touchy about it. Surely they should be a little happier

ROFLUTION

So many bitter guys around here. Glad we see a great final, Denmark would have lost from the start.
Very soft pen, but that is how they use it in the tournament
What? How is that how they use it?

Special treatment, see the before 15 doubtful freekicks