Television Homeland | Season 5 spoilers

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
12 episodes like the last series.

Spoiler regarding the name of the last episode that might suggest what is going to happen

Ep 12 The Choice Dec 16 2012
Speculation regarding the name of the last episode in the season.
Interesting...I wonder if the triple agent theory someone else posted could be true. Then the choice would be either Brody meets up with Nazir (sp?) and kills him himself or the CIA release what they know about him and arrest him etc I don't know how you would drag that out from here until episode 12 though

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The title doesn't give anything away exactly but it does suggest a few possibilities.

More speculation on the meaning if the title of episode 12
Perhaps it isn't Brody who has the choice? Perhaps it is a choice to expose or not expose Brody with adverse consequences for either action.

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
The title doesn't give anything away exactly but it does suggest a few possibilities.

More speculation on the meaning if the title of episode 12
Perhaps it isn't Brody who has the choice? Perhaps it is a choice to expose or not expose Brody with adverse consequences for either action.
Yea perhaps! To be honest, I rarely try and guess what's going to happen in a tv show because a) I'm rubbish at it and b) I like surprises. After enduring season 2 of The Walking Dead and Dexter, I'm just happy with how Homeland is going at the minute. Really like it.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Speculation regarding the name of the last episode in the season.
Interesting...I wonder if the triple agent theory someone else posted could be true. Then the choice would be either Brody meets up with Nazir (sp?) and kills him himself or the CIA release what they know about him and arrest him etc I don't know how you would drag that out from here until episode 12 though
Surely if he were a triple agent or wanted to kill Nazir he wouldn't have sent him a text message saving his life?

Zen

Episode of the year or episode of the year. Epic ending.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I love this show. Amazing how they don't let the show drag.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Random point. Clare Danes reminds me of Katee Sackhoff.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
That was class.

I love this show. Amazing how they don't let the show drag.
Yeah was thinking that. Another show might have dragged it out for the season, with them tracking him and him just narrowly getting out of it each time til they finally get him. Interesting development though.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Great show, Brody's boring storyline last night was a let down, but even an average episode of Homeland is epic for me.
Episode 3 was a bit of a snore bore.
You guys want to be careful, most people here are keeping up to date with when it airs in the US as opposed to the UK, which is a week earlier. I was confused as to what you were on about for a second, and then I realised you're talking about the episode that only just aired here.

LARulz

Bloody hell, the writers aren't fecking about. That was only episode 4

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
That was class.

Yeah was thinking that. Another show might have dragged it out for the season, with them tracking him and him just narrowly getting out of it each time til they finally get him. Interesting development though.
Yup. That ending of the last episode could easily have been an excellent season finale moment.

I'm stumped as to what the writers could do now, but they've been fantastic so far.

Just ordered a third season btw!
http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.c...ers-third-season-of-homeland/?smid=tw-nytimes

Cina

That was absolutely brilliant!

I was extremely worried about the second season and thought they'd probably drag the Brody thing out until the last episode, but my god, four episodes in and the CIA already take him in, the writers were obviously listening to the worried internet folks and have some serious balls on them.

I just wonder how they're going to fill another eight episodes now, but it does leave lots of possibilities, though I really hope they don't go down the

trying to convert Brody to a double agent
angle.

Speculation regarding season three (kinda)

I can only assume if there's a third series that it will no longer involve Brody because at this stage I can't fathom him still being there by then. Maybe the rest of the second season will involve using Brody to take Nazir down and then season three will unravel some higher power.

Jonno

Episode 4 sounds pretty good from you guys, I am trying to read it whilst blurring my eyes as although tempted to download each episode as and when they are aired in the US, I do love the hype of jumping on twitter/fb and watching with the rest of the British nation every Sunday night.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I would like the CIA to try and turn Brody into a double-terrorist. Not to get information, but to cause some serious terrorism elsewhere. Maybe they could get him to suicide bomb Abu Nazir or the entire Beirut area or something?

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Honestly, I don't even know where we are with them anymore, I have no idea. I'm just scared of Wibble exploding and his death being attributed to a lack of spoiler use on a forum.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I believe the generally accepted convention is that you have to spoiler anything that is beyond the scope of what has been aired (anywhere), which in itself isn't allowed to post in some cases anyway. We've been spoiling the feck out of US aired Walking Dead episodes, but if someone comes along with any sort of comic spoiler, they are literally Hitler.

Cina

Well, it's something I don't agree with, but basically you have to spoiler anything that is in 'the future', that includes your own personal theories and ideas as to what may happen in future episodes. I believe this stems backs to the Breaking Bad and GoT threads where people were not spoilering theories that proved to be correct in the end.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Yeah, that's pretty silly. If you don't come into a thread to talk about what could possibly happen in the future, why are you even there? To say "good episode", and then move on?

Silly.

Although with GoT, there were some people who didn't get the "no talking about the books, at all" policy. I had to yell repeatedly at a few people in the Book thread. Giving us a bad name.

Cina

And I sure as hell wasn't one of them :wenger:

I agree though, for a show that isn't based on anything, it's a bit dumb not being able to openly discuss what could happen in the future, but I've had this debate with Wibble before and it won't change.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I believe the generally accepted convention is that you have to spoiler anything that is beyond the scope of what has been aired (anywhere), which in itself isn't allowed to post in some cases anyway. We've been spoiling the feck out of US aired Walking Dead episodes, but if someone comes along with any sort of comic spoiler, they are literally Hitler.
If it has aired anywhere it doesn't need spoilers. If its "next week preview" or speculation about the future then it needs to be both spoilered and titled as to content. If it is from the original source material then it can't be referred to at all.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Yeah, that's pretty silly. If you don't come into a thread to talk about what could possibly happen in the future, why are you even there? To say "good episode", and then move on?

Silly.
No. We are here to discuss the present and the future (minus referral to source material) while using spoiler tags and labels to allow others not to have their enjoyment spoiled.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
I want the next episode so bad now!