How far are you willing to go to get the Glazers out?

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
A boycott of the Fulham game should be the absolute minimum now.

I know people will be excited to get back in the ground but given Season Ticket Holders don't need to buy them so it's not that much of a sacrifice.

MUST need to make a statement asap.

bsCallout

I'm sure those talking about dropping lots of point etc are just trying to be trendy, or the sorts who voted Brexit. You're pissing in the wind if you think that will work to our benefit.

Our players and manager(+ staff) who we support shouldn't suffer too.

No one we want will own this club with the intention of just putting money into it with no return.

We need to have the government make legislative changes, we need to ensure our voices are heard on key decisions and we need to keep putting pressure on with boycotts and safe protests to see the changes that good owners would make, irrelevant to who is actually there.

Maticmaker

i’m not sure what your point is, but if you don’t think this will end up a very long painful process you’ll be in for a surprise.

the Glazers aren’t just going to go “ok you’re unhappy, best we leave”. They’ll be here until either legally removed or until it’s no longer financially viable for them.

The club will need to be hit extremely hard, it’ll be years of “no value in the market” while they line their pockets of every penny.
No, that is exactly my point if the protest continues as it is now, it will be the longest suicide protest in history and will be extremely painful.
I cannot believe it when fans on here talk about getting relegated...deliberately, what planet are they on?
I lived through the 70's relegation issues and believe me no real Utd fan wants to go back to that, whoever owns the club!

BULB

Who are the new owners going to be though? It's kind of pointless until we know who the alternative is.

I mean look at Arsenal, this guy from Spotify wants to take over and is going to get all his advice from Henry and Vieira haha. No one worth 4 billion is going to pump 2 billion into a club and then keep pouring in hundreds of millions to compete with the oil clubs. So then he needs outside investors, and they all want a return on their money.

A fan model is stupid unless every club has to do it and the league gets serious about policing FFP properly.

Banana Republic

...........No one worth 4 billion is going to pump 2 billion into a club and then keep pouring in hundreds of millions to compete with the oil clubs. ............
Being worth $/£4 billion doesn't mean you've actually got $/£4 billion.
Net worth (usually it's estimated net worth) is what the total investments and assets of that person, or entity, are estimated to be worth.
It's not how much cash they've got in the bank or within easy reach.
It's hypothetical money.

It's generally reckoned that the average billionaire only has about 1% of their net worth in actual liquidity.
On that basis, someone said to be worth $/£4 billion, probably only has $/£40 million available in the bank, so to speak.
The rest is tied up or mostly just theoretical value.

In any case, are they going to risk their fortune and spend their own money ?
The wise thing to do would be to raise the capital through the markets, from investors, the banks etc.

As for the cost of financing...... a £3 to £4 billion buy-out is going to mean 7 times the interest payments that are currently paid .
Utd don't generate that sort of income.

MU655

I'd support a full relegation if it means a cleanse.
That would possibly mean going into administration. Revenue would crash as sponsors will terminate based on terms; wages will still need to be paid; players sold off on the cheap; there may also be terms on the debt regarding stuff like this. It would destroy the club financially, and it is doubtful it would ever recover. This could be club finishing stuff, so definitely not.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
That would possibly mean going into administration. Revenue would crash as sponsors will terminate based on terms; wages will still need to be paid; players sold off on the cheap; there may also be terms on the debt regarding stuff like this. It would destroy the club financially, and it is doubtful it would ever recover. This could be club finishing stuff, so definitely not.
It will recover.

The Man United brand is worth a crazy amount. Sponsors do not have tunnel vision either.

Dan_F

I'm sure those talking about dropping lots of point etc are just trying to be trendy, or the sorts who voted Brexit. You're pissing in the wind if you think that will work to our benefit.

Our players and manager(+ staff) who we support shouldn't suffer too.

No one we want will own this club with the intention of just putting money into it with no return.

We need to have the government make legislative changes, we need to ensure our voices are heard on key decisions and we need to keep putting pressure on with boycotts and safe protests to see the changes that good owners would make, irrelevant to who is actually there.
Eh?

steffyr2

I'm not certain how much the club is actually worth, or exactly what percentage of shares the glazers own.
Returns on dividends obviously depend on the owner or owners. The person I responded to originally assumed that there would need to be one rich owner to come along and buy the club outright. That's not necessarily so.
The club's profit potential is more than enough for us to compete with the likes of Chelsea and City, without us having a multi billionaire owner injecting his own funds into the club.
However, if someone bought the club outright, I still see the exponential growth in value of the club over the next ten years. To suitable investors out there, the time is now. The fans and media have sent out the distress call.
Sort of amazing how well the Glazers has been with Utd. I expect they also see the 10 year growth.

alexthelion

It will recover.

The Man United brand is worth a crazy amount. Sponsors do not have tunnel vision either.
Damaging sponsors will create long-term doubt for any future sponsor. Why can't you (and others) see that? Just hoping things will be OK in the future seems like blind hope to me.

Maticmaker

It will recover.

But how long would it take?

Its taken roughly 60-70 (modern era 1950's onward) years to build the club up to what it is now. That includes having two World class Managers of excellent quality (Sir Matt and Sir Alex), who broke records all over the place and a few other 'not so bad ones' as well; at least four or five players who would grace the top ten in the World in any era, Bobby Charlton; Denis Law; George Best, Eric Cantona; Cristiano Ronaldo, you could even add Paul Scholes, Roy Keane, Wayne Rooney and many others of top quality that have graced this clubs playing staff. the club has a world wide following (not all actual supporters) and a 'theatre of dreams' to play in.

If what your suggesting came about, how long would it take to get back to these standards, especially as in my opinion those now protesting and requesting this downfall and expecting the club, new (Glazer free) United to rise Phoenix like from the ashes, would all be dead and gone, by then. Maybe, just maybe, their grandchildren or great grandchildren could by then travel back in time back to the late 20th century to see 'real football'.
Behave yourselves!!

bsCallout

I just don’t see the point you’re trying to make there at all.
The sort of people that will cut their nose off to spite their face and have us get relegated, for the cause, are like those that voted Brexit.

Last edited:

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
No, that is exactly my point if the protest continues as it is
I cannot believe it when fans on here talk about getting relegated...deliberately, what planet are they on?
I lived through the 70's relegation issues and believe me no real Utd fan wants to go back to that, whoever owns the club!
It’s insane. Just because we have owners that we don’t like, and even though we’ve got the best squad and most settled team we’ve had since saf, people want the club, manager and team to literally crumble and burn just to get rid of the owners? Some proper ****’s about.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
It’s insane. Just because we have owners that we don’t like, and even though we’ve got the best squad and most settled team we’ve had since saf, people want the club, manager and team to literally crumble and burn just to get rid of the owners? Some proper ****’s about.
Exactly. Think of players like Rashford. Grew up watching Rooney and Ronaldo and wanting to emulate them at OT, and just when he's getting into the prime years of his career suddenly we want to get relegated to spite the owners. Its downright cruel.

Flying high

We didn't choose the timing. The Glazers and the other ESL cronies did.

It would be a huge shame if Ole and the team miss hitting their potential because of this. But we have to remove the leeches while we have the chance.

shamans

But how long would it take?

Its taken roughly 60-70 (modern era 1950's onward) years to build the club up to what it is now. That includes having two World class Managers of excellent quality (Sir Matt and Sir Alex), who broke records all over the place and a few other 'not so bad ones' as well; at least four or five players who would grace the top ten in the World in any era, Bobby Charlton; Denis Law; George Best, Eric Cantona; Cristiano Ronaldo, you could even add Paul Scholes, Roy Keane, Wayne Rooney and many others of top quality that have graced this clubs playing staff. the club has a world wide following (not all actual supporters) and a 'theatre of dreams' to play in.

If what your suggesting came about, how long would it take to get back to these standards, especially as in my opinion those now protesting and requesting this downfall and expecting the club, new (Glazer free) United to rise Phoenix like from the ashes, would all be dead and gone, by then. Maybe, just maybe, their grandchildren or great grandchildren could by then travel back in time back to the late 20th century to see 'real football'.
Behave yourselves!!
It wouldn't take long at because we have a global brand right now. That brand is not sustained through premier league presence alone. the world follows man untied and even a relegated Man United would soon be back dominating in the premier league just like Rangers or Juventus.

shamans

Damaging sponsors will create long-term doubt for any future sponsor. Why can't you (and others) see that? Just hoping things will be OK in the future seems like blind hope to me.
Exactly. Doubt that is tied in with the glazers which means sponsors will only sponsor owners in good standing so it's a win win.

Volumiza

We didn't choose the timing. The Glazers and the other ESL cronies did.

It would be a huge shame if Ole and the team miss hitting their potential because of this. But we have to remove the leeches while we have the chance.
Or we could watch and enjoy what is happening on the pitch? I mean, it’s probably the radical option here.

I hate what the glazers have done but why not try and enjoy the progress we’ve made? I could understand the self destructive wishes if we were genuinely languishing in mid table with a shite team but we’re not.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It's insane. I can't even imagine supporting a club and rooting for them to lose.

Flying high

Or we could watch and enjoy what is happening on the pitch? I mean, it’s probably the radical option here.

I hate what the glazers have done but why not try and enjoy the progress we’ve made? I could understand the self destructive wishes if we were genuinely languishing in mid table with a shite team but we’re not.
If you want to sit back and waste this opportunity to remove the leeches draining our club, fine. That's your choice.

How about you let the rest of us, who are more concerned about the long term health of the club than a few months of results, do what needs to be done.

Volumiza

If you want to sit back and waste this opportunity to remove the leeches draining our club, fine. That's your choice.

How about you let the rest of us, who are more concerned about the long term health of the club than a few months of results, do what needs to be done.
Ive been a fan since 1983, I’m invested in the clubs long term health. There is absolutely no guarantee that anyone buying the club would be a better option, no guarantee at all.

You got all ‘top red’ on me there!

Flying high

Ive been a fan since 1983, I’m invested in the clubs long term health. There is absolutely no guarantee that anyone buying the club would be a better option, no guarantee at all.

You got all ‘top red’ on me there!
You can throw the labels about if you want.

Maybe you feel bad for not only not helping, but actively trying to dampen the spirit of those trying to literally save the club? But what would I know. You support the team however you see best.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

So you're starting a political movement to make the British Parlament protect the british football clubs from undue external influence?

I fully support the protests and I will open a bottle of Glennfiddich 26yo. the day they sell. But I think it's helpful to offer some perspective here. By protests I mean peaceful protests. Vandalism and fighting with police officers is just never, ever going to be acceptable.

The club and its well being for those who support the club, for many it consumes their day.

For the Glazer family, Manchester United is one of many, and nowhere near their most important, holdings. We are the topic of conversation between 10 and 11am.

Last edited:

Volumiza

[
You can throw the labels about if you want.

Maybe you feel bad for not only not helping, but actively trying to dampen the spirit of those trying to literally save the club? But what would I know. You support the team however you see best.
Dude, I’m all for the protests and their cause but it’s when I read the lengths some would go to see the glazers gone that I struggle. They live in cuckoo land.

I don’t feel bad for not helping though, my rabble rousing days are long behind me, I’m ok, I’ll just chill and watch the games ... when they go ahead.

Flying high

So you're starting a political movement to make the British Parlament protect the british football clubs from undue external influence?
One has already been started. I'm just very keen that it keeps on going.

I fully support the protests and I will open a bottle of Glennfiddich 26yo. the day they sell. But I think it's helpful to offer some perspective here. By protests I mean peaceful protests. Vandalism and fighting with police officers is just never, ever going to be acceptable.
If you know how to get a large group of pissed off football fans, or any large group of protestors for that matter, to be 100% squeeky clean then please let me know. I'm afraid it happens that someone will always get carried away and grab the headlines. So perhaps direct your judgement towards the people who are responsible for so much anger within the fan base. Who have had ample opportunity to engage and do the right thing by the club.

Flying high

Dude, I’m all for the protests and their cause but it’s when I read the lengths some would go to see the glazers gone that I struggle. They live in cuckoo land.

I don’t feel bad for not helping though, my rabble rousing days are long behind me, I’m ok, I’ll just chill and watch the games ... when they go ahead.
But we have to be willing to take it further than they are. That's the nature of a stand off.

If they think they can make a few empty promises and this will go away, then that's what they'll do.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
One has already been started. I'm just very keen that it keeps on going.

If you know how to get a large group of pissed off football fans, or any large group of protestors for that matter, to be 100% squeeky clean then please let me know. I'm afraid it happens that someone will always get carried away and grab the headlines. So perhaps direct your judgement towards the people who are responsible for so much anger within the fan base. Who have had ample opportunity to engage and do the right thing by the club.
A policeofficer is in the hospital, permanently disfigured after getting slashed across the face.

No amount of upset about the running of our sports club will ever justify that.

Flying high

A policeofficer is in the hospital, permanently disfigured after getting slashed across the face.

No amount of upset about the running of our sports club will ever justify that.
I hope they catch whichever idiot through the bottle. There are clear laws against that kind of behaviour. Same goes for the police beating up the guy after they threw him to the ground.

Unfortunately these incidents happen in protests. Which is why they are pretty much a last resort. So blame the people who let it get to the point that protest is the only option.

United442b

Agree. My big gripe isn't about the ownership. Its about who fecking allowed the LBO to start with.
I don't really mind owners making a profit, its more the financial mismanagement that annoys me.

Spending £1.5bn and still servicing the loan is clueless.
Then looking at the stadium, we're paying squad players 100ks at week, but can't at update even minor parts of Old Trafford.

there is far you would go and there is punishing people who arent at fault. ole the staff and players are no where near at fault. There are players there who actually care about united and this is hurting them too.

Anything that effects them should be maybe halted. Glazers are businessmen hit them in the pockets stop buying merchandise buy fake united tops ones not at the game boycott sky stream it. sky will be reluctant to but money back in etc.
Great point and given me an epiphany. Everything United fans have been doing is, really ,detrimental to United.

The Glazers have another sports team and other business. Just saying

Eternitiy

Agree. My big gripe isn't about the ownership. Its about who fecking allowed the LBO to start with.
Then why protest the owners themselves? Protest the rules (or lack thereof) that allowed them to purchase the club in this manner.

As owners, they've interfered minimally and the club has spent enormous amounts on player transfers and contracts. That lack of success since Ferguson's retirement falls on the ones in charge of executive decisions (Woodward), management (Moyes, van Gaal, Mourinho), and transfer strategy (all of the aforementioned).

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Then why protest the owners themselves? Protest the rules (or lack thereof) that allowed them to purchase the club in this manner.

As owners, they've interfered minimally and the club has spent enormous amounts on player transfers and contracts. That lack of success since Ferguson's retirement falls on the ones in charge of executive decisions (Woodward), management (Moyes, van Gaal, Mourinho), and transfer strategy (all of the aforementioned).
It reminds me of the red carding situation. It's always the secondary incident that refs focus on -- and who gets sent off.

Last edited:

stw2022

If being run by people who use the club to make money is enough for some to want us relegated then why is there such fondness for our success in the 90s?

Maybe in wrong maybe you stood arms folded sulking that the money grabbing Edwards family took income from the club . Maybe in 1999 you missed the final as you were busy posting in bad reviews of Sharp products.

Or maybe your ‘top reditis’ has shielded you from the fact your knowledge of our ownership history is shit