How good is Pato?

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
I mean I think he's ok, he can close down well, but rating him on par with fullbacks is a stretch in my opinion. He certainly isn't a good tackler, Even agains Burnley he could have been sent off. He has a fantastic workfare but I woulnt say he's a good defender, decent at best.

vuc

First Team Serb
I don't get your reason for having a problem with Rooney being able to defend.:confused: There's nothing wrong with a Rooney being great at defending. Its infact an asset. It means he can harass defenders into errors. Barcelona with forwards less adept to doing that than Rooney showed what an effective tool it is last year.

Which is where you went wrong. You simply jumped to the conclusion I was saying no one is as good as Rooney:lol: You never bothered to ask me once what I actually meant. You just decided to laugh and later, rant.

When all I was saying is Rooney potential is unique because of the type of player he is i.e a natural forward as good at defending as he is at attacking. Nothing more than that.

Rather what is ridiculous is you trying to claim I was saying Rooney was better than everyone else.:lol:

Your jumping to a :lol: conclusion made you do that. Not a single thing I said.

If its a "big"deal" why are you going on your current rant? It seems to you its actually a big deal.

Rooney is the only natural striker around who is equally good at defending as he is at attacking. Something unique to him. Something he will be known for if he finally becomes a football great. Whether you like it or not. That is the potential I was talking about. Nothing more nothing less.

You on the other hand decided to believe I was talking about potential to be great and leaped to defend Pato and others from an imagined attack. Which is laughable really. You were so off base its untrue.

That is because you did not understand a thing I posted earlier. But you preferred to jump to wild conclusions rather than asking me to clarify . It's no surprise the end result baffled you.
I'm going to save us both a lot of time.

You came out with a stupid comment, I reacted to that comment. Now you say I should have asked you to clarify what you meant. Bollocks, if you post something as debatable as that of course I will laugh.

Where did I say I have a problem with Rooney being able to defend? I simply said that an attacker should concentrate more on attacking, your the one talking up his defending and using it to enhance his potential.

As for the rest of your reply, none of this would have been needed if you just explained what you meant in terms of Rooneys potential in the first place.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I'm going to save us both a lot of time.

You came out with a stupid comment, I reacted to that comment. Now you say I should have asked you to clarify what you meant. Bollocks, if you post something as debatable as that of course I will laugh.
Do you seriously think I cared or was offended that you laughed? :lol:

You you still don't see that I was just totally amused at the fact you jumped to conclusions that I was dissing Pato and others?

Seriously do you honestly believe, a poster who spent a good chunk of last season defending C. Ronaldo as the best player on earth, then finally conceded Messi is the best, could suddenly claim Rooney has no equal? I mean really...:lol: It all became hilarious mess. I'll just watch and clarify what I say first next time. Before getting shot down like this again... :)

Where did I say I have a problem with Rooney being able to defend?
Exhibit A:

So what if Rooney is good at defending, thats what the midfield and defence is there to do
Exhibit B:

What exactly are you trying to say, that Rooney is the most unique because he can defend and attack? Big deal an attacker should be known for his attacking and not defending.
You seemed a bit vehement against it. Though I doubt you intended to tbf.

.. your the one talking up his defending and using it to enhance his potential.
Bullshit. Saying a player's potential is unique doesn't enhance his potential one bit.

As for the rest of your reply, none of this would have been needed if you just explained what you meant in terms of Rooneys potential in the first place.
I wasn't given the chance too!:)

People just jumped to conclusions. & I ended up fighting off allegations of dissing Pato, Messi, potential up coming greats, rating Rooney too highly:lol:

Which is even funnier given the fact for years I've been known to have never agreed Rooney is the best around bar none. In any shape or form.

It has just been an unfortunate misunderstanding really. I apologize for the confusion. :D

Great Hat

Just made it 1 nil against Siena, kicking off his season with a bang.
I wouldn't say 'with a bang'. It was slotted through to him for a one-on-one about 10 yards out, and even then the keeper got a touch on the shot, and could've done better; not a particularly great finish really. He's played quite well first half though, and every goal counts of course.

Siena's equaliser was a really good team goal. I went to watch them a few times when my brother used to live there, so I'm supporting them tonight!

Boss

I wouldn't say 'with a bang'. It was slotted through to him for a one-on-one about 10 yards out, and even then the keeper got a touch on the shot, and could've done better; not a particularly great finish really. He's played quite well first half though, and every goal counts of course.

Siena's equaliser was a really good team goal. I went to watch them a few times when my brother used to live there, so I'm supporting them tonight!
I mean, as in, with a goal in his first game!

Yeah Milan are being pegged back already, it's going to be a very tough season for them and their new coach who has no qualifications whatsoever.

Great Hat

2nd goal from Pato, great play by Ronaldinho
'Kinell Boss, I just paused the game to get a cup of tea. You spoilt my fun. :( :p

Nice positioning by Pato to be there for the chance, but he couldn't really have missed from there. Credit to the lad though, he's playing well and fitting into the team play seamlessly atm.

Boss

'Kinell Boss, I just paused the game to get a cup of tea. You spoilt my fun. :( :p

Nice positioning by Pato to be there for the chance, but he couldn't really have missed from there. Credit to the lad though, he's playing well and fitting into the team play seamlessly atm.
Sorry about spoiling it, yeah he's playing really well. He sure can dribble,Kaka leaving could be a blessing for him to take the center stage, who knows.

I really hope Chelsea don't get him one day, all I know is if crazy money is offered Milan may listen in the future.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Sorry about spoiling it, yeah he's playing really well. He sure can dribble,Kaka leaving could be a blessing for him to take the center stage, who knows.

I really hope Chelsea don't get him one day, all I know is if crazy money is offered Milan may listen in the future.
I'm praying Kalou, Stturidge and Di santo become too good for them to need to sign Pato. :D As Anelka and Drogba keep on keeping on

Great Hat

Haha no worries mate.

Yeah, if crazy money is offered they may, but with the money they've received from the sale of Kaka, they can probably dictate which dealings they want to get involved with a bit more, even if their finances still aren't fantastic. Interesting to see if Berlusconi keeps by his stance of avowing not to sell the club.

Milan were a bit unlucky with that move ending up offside a minute ago, but Pato was on the end of it again, and if he keeps getting service like that, I wouldn't be surprised to see him notch up a hat-trick tonight.

Great Hat

I missed the end of the game, you know what all the commotion was about Green Hat?
*Great Hat ;)

I believe it began with Ambrosini giving someone a shove, off the ball (ref missed it), and then a few more players got involved at the end, and there were some arguments between the players. Flamini seemed to be yelling at Siena's manager after the final whistle though, so maybe there were protests by him about it. Ambrosini, Ronaldinho etc. were all collaring a Siena player at the end, and it looked like the guy who'd had the fracas with Ambrosini earlier, though it was hard to tell as they were crowded around him.

Did you catch the chance Pato had to get his hat-trick? Decent effort from a bit of a tight angle, but went into the side netting.

Boss

*Great Hat ;)

I believe it began with Ambrosini giving someone a shove, off the ball (ref missed it), and then a few more players got involved at the end, and there were some arguments between the players. Flamini seemed to be yelling at Siena's manager after the final whistle though, so maybe there were protests by him about it. Ambrosini, Ronaldinho etc. were all collaring a Siena player at the end, and it looked like the guy who'd had the fracas with Ambrosini earlier, though it was hard to tell as they were crowded around him.

Did you catch the chance Pato had to get his hat-trick? Decent effort from a bit of a tight angle, but went into the side netting.
Yeah, I saw the chance , he should have buried it but it was still a great performance. Looks like Ambrosini could get a ban later if it was more than a shove, it happened to Ronaldinho last season after they reviewed the tapes.

Still not convinced by this Milan team or the inexperienced manager, Siena had many chances and I think Gatusto is on the decline since 07/08, which is a sad sight to see.

Boss

Real should have bought him, not Kaka.

I suppose it's only a matter of time before they start sniffing round him too though.
Yeah, Real would certainly be interested one day, but Real made a wise decision buying Kaka. He is an amazing footballer and will be a bit hit for them. He is going to be outstanding for them this season playing alongside Alonso and Ronaldo just behind the main striker, he will pull the strings.
Look at this esquite flick from Kaka the other day vs Dortmund:

Also Milan were willing to let Kaka go to balance the books but not Pato, at least for this year. It is slightly similar to our situation with Ronaldo, we sold our best player but we also have somebody in Wayne Rooney who could become the best.

Also Real bought another talented youngster in Benzema which is a good deal because unlike Pato he was actually available.

Longlivekeano

Can he survive the EPL's brutal defenders? That is another question to ponder about. Remember, the nature of the Serie A is that is a tactical chess game where midfielders are allowed to weave their passes together. Forwards are allowed to dribble and fanny around.

Remember that Sheva was unstoppable at AC Milan and Veron was a wizard for Lazio and Parma. Both were duds at the EPL. Having said that the midget Zola was a genius at Stamford Bridge. Thus, its difficult to predict whether Pato will go the "Sheva" or "Zola" way if he made his way to the EPL. I dont thikn we will ever see him in an EPL team due to the $ crisis (Citeh has already 9 strikers) and AC MIlan will not let him go till he's 39 years old.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
^

You raise a valid point. Though you'd think for someone who's 4/5 years off the top of his game, and thus has years of development left in him, he'd have enough time to adjust to the rigors.

Boss

Can he survive the EPL's brutal defenders? That is another question to ponder about. Remember, the nature of the Serie A is that is a tactical chess game where midfielders are allowed to weave their passes together. Forwards are allowed to dribble and fanny around.

Remember that Sheva was unstoppable at AC Milan and Veron was a wizard for Lazio and Parma. Both were duds at the EPL. Having said that the midget Zola was a genius at Stamford Bridge. Thus, its difficult to predict whether Pato will go the "Sheva" or "Zola" way if he made his way to the EPL. I dont thikn we will ever see him in an EPL team due to the $ crisis (Citeh has already 9 strikers) and AC MIlan will not let him go till he's 39 years old.
Well in Seria A Pato gets kicked all the time regardless because he's one of those players who embarrasses defenders. Remember Henry or Vierra in Seria A, they both made it big here with a few others despite not setting Seria A on fire. I really don't think we can really establish a link between how well the players do in the two leagues.

What happened with Sheva is he was hiding something from everybody, which cost him dearly. After his latest injury he had completely lost his pace, one of his major assets which made him such a beast in Seria A. This was when joining Chelsea as well.

What this meant was, he is still a great finisher,(remember his goal against spurs?) but he no longer had the attributes to get into the goal scoring positions anymore and if you watch any Chelsea match he played in, he always looked lost because of this. He could not keep up with the pace of the league, something nobody can say about Pato.

Sheva in his prime would have destroyed the premiership, when he had all the pace and power,I truly believe that. Chelsea bought him when he was on the decline which is a reason Milan were so willing to sell, especially with the crazy money offered.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Given the choice, I reckon I'd take this Pato kid over any striker in world football including Torres, Benzema, Villa, Drogba etc.
Real should have bought him, not Kaka.

I suppose it's only a matter of time before they start sniffing round him too though.
This kid is a fecking genius. What a player. I hope to God Chelsea don't get near him. £40m was the price being touted? Worth every penny.
What a quality player. What's our chances of signing him? :wenger:
Is that an attempt at a joke? It's awful.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
No, I rate him very highly, and think he has the undoubted potential to be the best in the world.

Now you're going to tell me that I'm wrong and how this player and that player are better.

Don't bother because quite frankly you're an utter bore and a complete waste of time. No offence. :)
I was never planning on that. Just seemed like you were taking the piss because I'd never seen you talk about any player from Serie A before.

And the fact you repeated the point about 5 different times made it seem like you were taking the piss as well.

Why would you type out 5 very similar posts in the space of a few hours?

So Brwned mate, what's your assessment of the guy?

oh and how were your grades, did you get in?
Haven't a clue, I rarely watched Serie A. If I did watched Roma or Inter.

Don't like Milan's team or playing style at all.

I'm in, yep. Off to Liverpoool. Yourself?

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
I was never planning on that. Just seemed like you were taking the piss because I'd never seen you talk about any player from Serie A before.

And the fact you repeated the point about 5 different times made it seem like you were taking the piss as well.

Why would you type out 5 very similar posts in the space of a few hours?

Haven't a clue, I rarely watched Serie A. If I did watched Roma or Inter.

Don't like Milan's team or playing style at all.

I'm in, yep. Off to Liverpoool. Yourself?
Oh congratulations. I'm off to UCL.

CremboMan

Wasting a lot of people’s time
Based on his game last night, I think it's safe to say the fact Kaka's off and its now pretty much his show over there (Ronaldinho can feck off) has gone to his head a bit, acted like a complete prick on more than 1 occasion.

Great Hat

It'll be interesting to see how Pato does next saturday in the Milan derby imo. He played well against Siena, but they were quite disorganised and slow defensively, and both of his goals were relatively simple finishes, though he did play well in general. He'll probably have to fashion out more efforts for himself, and won't get as much time on the ball next week, so I think it'll be interesting to see how he does in a more competitive game, in terms of continuing his recent good form. :)

Boss

It'll be interesting to see how Pato does next saturday in the Milan derby imo. He played well against Siena, but they were quite disorganised and slow defensively, and both of his goals were relatively simple finishes, though he did play well in general. He'll probably have to fashion out more efforts for himself, and won't get as much time on the ball next week, so I think it'll be interesting to see how he does in a more competitive game, in terms of continuing his recent good form. :)
He played really well in the derby last year

I think Inter will win though, with Eto'o and Milito they are just too strong for Milan right now who have gone backwards if you ask me.