Television How I Met Your Mother

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Let's put it this way, if you don't find a man dressing up as a women and swearing a lot hysterical, Mrs Brown's boys ain't for you.
I did like him in "The Van" though, that was a great movie.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I Love it, it's not as good as it was

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Watched the latest episode, maybe not as bad as some of the recent stuff, I think I laughed once. I thought the guy playing Robin's dad, Ray Wise, seemed very wooden in the part, I never really bought the 'I've become incredibly fun and devil may care' aspect (although I understand the idea was to portray a guy so rigid that even when fun he seemed a bit severe), the delivery of some of his lines was dreadful (such as the 'I can has cheeseburger'). I don't know, all seemed so bizarre. The parallel of Ted's story between the band and letting Robin go seemed incredibly far fetched, as if the writors have no idea what they're doing anymore but, hey, they don't give a feck. As for the baby/confetti part, that type of humour has been overdone in the series, when the narrator replaces a certain 'naughty' word or fact by another, and the difference between what we're shown and what actually happened is meant to be funny, most notably with the sandwich/spliff, it's old now.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
8 seasons and an arm! feck yeah! Should be out till 2025.
Make that 2023 as we also saw a foot a couple years back.

Essentially he meets the mother on 25 May 2013, but the show has been renewed for another year?

Liam147

On Probation
They've added another season. I just want him to meet the mother at the end of this season. What they could possibly do is go:

"And that kids, is how I met your mother"

with the kids suddenly enthralled, have them say:

"Then what? What happened then?"

And run on indefinitely.

Castia

They managed to turn a funny show with decent characters into a terrible unfunny show with the worst set of characters iv ever seen. Should have ended this show 2 seasons ago it's just dragging on now, think iv laughed 1-2 times in the past 8 episodes.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
They managed to turn a funny show with decent characters into a terrible unfunny show with the worst set of characters iv ever seen. Should have ended this show 2 seasons ago it's just dragging on now, think iv laughed 1-2 times in the past 8 episodes.
It's been more than 2 seasons in my opinion but yeah, I agree with the rest.

It's gone so annying now. Surely we're at the point where he meets her. Isn't she the bass player in the band at Barney's wedding?? I bet they milk another season out of them getting married.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
It's gone so annying now. Surely we're at the point where he meets her. Isn't she the bass player in the band at Barney's wedding?? I bet they milk another season out of them getting married.
Most probably. A whole season of Ted having doubts about everything, being a little bitch, going round annoying everyone with "is she the right one?" "do I want to settle down and have children?" (even though he's wanted that for 8 seasons) "how do I know she's my soulmate?" and the rest of the cast all settled down just being boring doing boring stuff. It'll still gate amazing ratings though.

Most probably. A whole season of Ted having doubts about everything, being a little bitch, going round annoying everyone with "is she the right one?" "do I want to settle down and have children?" (even though he's wanted that for 8 seasons) "how do I know she's my soulmate?" and the rest of the cast all settled down just being boring doing boring stuff. It'll still gate amazing ratings though.
I don't think I've ever liked a show as much as HIMYM yet disliked the main character as much as Ted. I watched season 1 again recently. Its amazing just how bad the current season is in comparison.

Minkaro

Not trying to be a dick, but if it's so bad, why are people in here still watching it? Is it a "well I've watched it this far, might as well stick it out" thing?

Rooney in Paris

Scout
For most of us, yes, I think it's been mentioned quite a few times. For my part, I've invested so much time in it that I just can't be arsed not to finish it. It's only 20 minutes a week, I watch it while eating, that's it. Also, I think for me there's a strange fascination about how crap it is.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Whenever this comes on E4 I can't watch it for long because its so annoying. And I'm not even following the seasons.

Its weird because I used to like it.

What a painful, painful episode to watch. They've dragged out the Robin Sparkles story which used to be cute, but now they've killed that too. Flogging a dead horse at this stage.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I actually quite like the show still although granted I've only really started watching it fairly recently and I don't watch it in any sort of order. As for who the mother is, are we really supposed to care if it turns out to be some random woman that we haven't really seen on the show before? Surely the audience is supposed to want it to be Robin but she's "Aunt Robin" apparently.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
What a painful, painful episode to watch. They've dragged out the Robin Sparkles story which used to be cute, but now they've killed that too. Flogging a dead horse at this stage.
Yeah, that was quite brutal. At the moment Barney is more pathetic than Ted has ever been as well.

wr8_utd

:'(
Apart from a couple of episodes, the entire season has been horrendous. Can't quite believe this show will have 9 seasons!

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I just did that to Big Bang Theory. With HIMYM I have to watch at least til he meets the mother.
:lol: It's such a great ratings ploy in fairness. They had hooked a large proportion of the show for years and now viewers are just waiting for what will be an inevitable let down.