Television How I Met Your Mother

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I actually quite like the show still although granted I've only really started watching it fairly recently and I don't watch it in any sort of order. As for who the mother is, are we really supposed to care if it turns out to be some random woman that we haven't really seen on the show before? Surely the audience is supposed to want it to be Robin but she's "Aunt Robin" apparently.
And also already revealed to be
Barney's future wife.

I can't watch it anymore. I've tried even putting on whilst doing something else on the laptop but it's just so poor. The show would be over if any of the actors had anything to do outside the show besides Segel.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Seriously? I thought it was dreadful! The Robin Sparkles jokes were overdrawn, and Toby's story with the psycho was just stupid. I felt the need to cleanse myself with two pretty mediocre The Office episodes after it, that's how bad it was. I honestly don't think I even chuckled once.

EDIT: I'm not even going to edit it, Toby is actually Ted, that's how much I care, after 8 seasons I manage to forget the main character's name! :lol:

Even the cast must be thinking "what the feck is this shit!" Its not as though they need the money. Segal is minted, NP Harris is in loads of stuff now, Ted is a writer and director, and Cobie Smulders was in The Avengers. Don't know about the fat red-head though.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Well I for one am glad that you are all still watching the show.

It means I can stay sort of abreast of what's going on, without actually watching it myself. If anything, you're all providing a public services.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I am not sure why I continue to watch this. Barring a couple of episodes this season has been total shite. Marshall and Lily have practically become unwatchable and I am seriously considering giving this up. I think I'd rather watch two and half men than this pile of shite

I am not sure why I continue to watch this. Barring a couple of episodes this season has been total shite. Marshall and Lily have practically become unwatchable and I am seriously considering giving this up. I think I'd rather watch two and half men than this pile of shite
Two & A Half Men was decent at the beginning of this series, but that last episode was total tosh. I liked the story where Walden pretended he was someone else to blag a girl.

Minkaro

There needs to be a twist to save this.

I'd say the kids should be a figment of his imagination, but they already did that with Robin.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Two & A Half Men was decent at the beginning of this series, but that last episode was total tosh. I liked the story where Walden pretended he was someone else to blag a girl.
Yeah that was decent enough and on the whole i guess this season has been loads better than the last 3 or 4 but that's not saying much I suppose. tbh I only keep on watching these shows because I have this feeling that I have watch them until the end. Some warped sense of loyalty I suppose...

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
There needs to be a twist to save this.

I'd say the kids should be a figment of his imagination, but they already did that with Robin.
If Ted was never married, and was actually a sad, pathetic old man talking to himself in some form of home, whilst somewhere out there in the world, Barney, Robin, Marshall and Lily were all best friends... that could be something I'd be interested in.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
I just want to find out who the damn mother is.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I don't really watch this, but I just thought of a cool way for him to meet the mother. He sees some woman from across the room, she's hot and everything and he's fixated on her. It builds it up as if finally this is the woman the whole show has been about. He gets up and starts walking towards her and because he's staring he bumps into this beautiful woman and gets talking to her instead and forgets the other one. She is the mother. Boom. I should be a writer.

This is based on me having seen two episodes of this show.

RK

I don't really watch this, but I just thought of a cool way for him to meet the mother. He sees some woman from across the room, she's hot and everything and he's fixated on her. It builds it up as if finally this is the woman the whole show has been about. He gets up and starts walking towards her and because he's staring he bumps into this beautiful woman and gets talking to her instead and forgets the other one. She is the mother. Boom. I should be a writer.

This is based on me having seen two episodes of this show.
The problem is that they've already filled in pretty much all the blanks - what she's like, where they met, what she does - except who she actually is.

So basically we're all waiting to see what a woman looks like.

You're idea is fairly terrible, but I'd prefer it over the current path.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
God that was genuinely infuriating to watch.

Cina

I just skipped forward ten minutes to the end to see if anything actually happened, it was, as you said, infuriating.

Liam147

On Probation
The actual writing if the jokes is getting worse. I don't known if it's the actors not delivering them as well or if it is the writing.

Basically,the girl Ted was seeing pretty much broke into his apartment and took nest in his bedroom. Lily convinced Ted it wasn't just her who was crazy,but he was too. For some reason he just outright accepted that.

Oh, and Mike Tyson made an appearance.

wr8_utd

:'(
People talk about Dexter going bad after Season 4 but this is an unbelievable example of just how bad a show can get after a good start. Even stuff like 2 Broke Girls is like Breaking Bad compared to HIMYM right now. Woeful doesn't even begin to describe it. God knows what happened to Lily. You want to punch your screen every time you see her now.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Even stuff like 2 Broke Girls is like Breaking Bad compared to HIMYM right now.
Don't go overboard, that show is only worth watching for Kat Dennings' breasts!

The show is too lighthearted for surprise melancholic twists like the mum being dead/kids being imaginative although I suppose Chuck did pull that one off.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
There's only two good things about two broke girls, and those are the legs on the rich one. fecking terrible tv show.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Episode doesn't look great from the spoilers I've seen.

Spoiler alert for next episode:
Zoey's ex husband The Captain is back

I watched 3 episodes of this last night because of this thread.

Seriously lads?
Its shit now, but seasons 1-4 were great. Initially they said he would meet the mother in season 7 but they've been dragging it out as long as they can. Most of us are just going through the motions now til he finally meets her. After watching it for 6 years, I'm not stopping now.

Hitchcocker

Episode doesn't look great from the spoilers I've seen.

Spoiler alert for next episode:
Zoey's ex husband The Captain is back
feck the spoiler. I hate those two characters, especially the earlier. She's a bacon faced actress and has a face I'd love.....to punch.....with a brass knuckle....repeatedly.

Liam147

On Probation
I watched the pilot, one from season 6 and one from season 8.

I smiled at Barney's lines a few times and Robin is hot. That is all.
Seasons 2-4 were excellent. Five is where it turned a bit, but even that had some of the best episodes.

My favourites are Slap Bet, then into season five: The Playbook - Barney's best episode - Perfect Week - his second best. Season six, despite taking a massive dip had probably the best episode with Bad News. Certainly one of, if not my favourite episode. Segel did really well in it. The final scene he didn't know what the line would be, he knew where his cue was, but not what he'd say. Totally improvised and done in one take.

I'm going to watch it now actually.