How long are we willing to take Pogba's insolance?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Nothing wrong with what was said. No one thinks he will be at United for his whole career and has done 4 seasons already.

I feel we should help him fulfill his dream.........
Nothing wrong with publically offering your services to one club while under contract with another? On this, we disagree.

Stacks

Nothing wrong with publically offering your services to one club while under contract with another? On this, we disagree.
Nothing at all. What is he supposed to say? "I would never play for scum like Madrid! Hala United"

players at lesser clubs ALWAYS say "its everyone's dream to play for a team like United" but because you lot think United are still big dawgs, you canny handle our players having the same ambitions and get salty. You are thinking "how dare this not be your pinnacle? How dare you think there is better than United?"

The thread title calls him insolent but he was actually quite polite

tombombadil

Against Watford we were losing before in came in, are you suggesting that it was his fault? He went to Dubai and Miami to rehab, in sports clinics, in Dubai he went to the same place we sent Matic, Dalot and Shaw, in the past Ibrahimovic went to Miami for his rehab while Rooney went to Portland years ago but yeah shenanigans.
No, I'm just saying he wasn't playing very well. Just making sure we are talking about the same come back.

Sure. That's why the photos of him dancing came out. Part of the rehab, I guess. I remember reading some tweets as well, but I can't recall them anymore. Oh well.

Believe what you want to believe I guess.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Nothing at all. What is he supposed to say? "I would never play for scum like Madrid! Hala United"

players at lesser clubs ALWAYS say "its everyone's dream to play for a team like United" but because you lot think United are still big dawgs, you canny handle our players having the same ambitions and get salty. You are thinking "how dare this not be your pinnacle? How dare you think there is better than United?"

He could simply say that he would be flattered by Real Madrid's interest but that he is focused on United and happy where he is. It's not that difficult to not burn bridges and also not create a media storm.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

Actually he could have just said Madrids a good/ legendary/ amazing team but he’s a united player, not imply that it’s his dream to play for them.

show me another player who said it’s a dream to play for United while he’s playing for another club

JPRouve

Scout
No, I'm just saying he wasn't playing very well. Just making sure we are talking about the same come back.

Sure. That's why the photos of him dancing came out. Part of the rehab, I guess. I remember reading some tweets as well, but I can't recall them anymore. Oh well.

Believe what you want to believe I guess.
That's not what we were talking about and you know it. Several posters addressed it and you have kept talking nonsense.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Would it be so difficult to show a little professionalism when faced with these questions about his future? All he needs to say is something like: " as I am currently under contract with United, it would be unethical of me to discuss playing for another club. Next question please."

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Actually he could have just said Madrids a good/ legendary/ amazing team but he’s a united player, not imply that it’s his dream to play for them.

show me another player who said it’s a dream to play for United while he’s playing for another club
Ronaldo would like a word with you.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
What question was he asked? Because if that question was "Would you like to play for Real Madrid?", then I have zero problems with his answer.
He was. Unfortunately, the Caf is turning into Fox News with posters purposely post baiting headlines w/o context. From the article:

Asked about the prospect of a move to Madrid, with whom he has been linked on a number of occasions, he replied: "All football players would love to play for Real Madrid. It is a dream for me, why not one day?

"I am in Manchester and I love my club. I am playing in Manchester, I'm having fun and I want to do everything to put the club where it deserves.

"I will give everything to the max, like my team-mates."
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54469085

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
If he and everyone around him feel United treat him harshly then he’d be in for a huge shock at Madrid. Their fans don’t clap the team off after a pathetic performance. If we can can get a decent fee for him I’d move him on, it’s just not working. At 27 he still has value, before you know it he’ll be 30 and still have not achieved anything at United.

Stacks

He could simply say that he would be flattered by Real Madrid's interest but that he is focused on United and happy where he is. It's not that difficult to not burn bridges and also not create a media storm.

Would it be so difficult to show a little professionalism when faced with these questions about his future? All he needs to say is something like: " as I am currently under contract with United, it would be unethical of me to discuss playing for another club. Next question please."
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-play-manchester-united-one-day-a6839946.html

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/feature...g-premier-league-im-more-man-united-liverpool

https://strettynews.com/2020/03/31/...eals-his-dream-to-play-for-manchester-united/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...-united-transfer-news-timo-werner-rb-leipzig/

And don't forget Cristiano's seasonal courting of Madrid as well as Hazard. No one was up in their feels but people getting strangely salty over Pogba's dream. every boy has a dream....

EDIT : https://www.sportbible.com/football...ams-of-playing-for-manchester-united-20180227

https://strettynews.com/2019/04/24/...man-utd-dream-could-add-to-depth-in-midfield/

https://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news...d-playing-for-man-utd-would-be-a-dream/270568

http://mufclatest.com/emmanuel-boat...ht-now-he-needs-to-make-something-of-himself/

guess we should raid Leibzig

Last edited:

Foxbatt

He should be sold immediately. He may be a top class player but for sure he doesn't do the work of a top class player. Time and time again you see that in games he play that he loses possession and he doesn't work to get it back.
He lets his man run past him and we concede goals. Or someone further forward of him has to come back and defend.
He wants to go. So sell him. He is not Ronaldo or Rooney who works their socks off no matter what.

MiracleInMadrid

To me, his level of maturity doesn't match his age and experience. In games, on social media, in the media and just about everywhere he just struck me as very immature. It reflects in his style of play as well. Plays for himself, only very rarely seems serious and determined to play for the team and does all sorts of irrelevant things on the ball. I don't play it too much down as a ego thing. I think a big part of it is some sort of childish joy of doing his thing when he has the ball. Only problem is that he seems rather incapable of channelling these things at the right time. Instead of doing it occassianally, he more or less do it all the time. You'd expect from a 18 year old player, but also expect said player to learn when to do it and when not to.

GiddyUp

He's injured
He's unfit
He's playing out of position
His teammates are not good enough
It's the manager's fault.

It's never Pogba's fault to them, despite him not showing any effort in most games.
The excuses are so frustrating. If Pogba is shit because United are shit then that means United are shit because Pogba is shit.
I've honestly never come across a player that requires so many excuses to justify his place in the squad. He is no where near world class, unless you think trying to beat three players 40 yards from your own goal and failing most of the time. He has so many flaws to his game, hence all the excuses.

JPRouve

Scout
I actually was upset about it and I have openly admitted that I'm still bitter about Ronaldo. And to be honest I care less about Pogba doing it because I don't rate him as much as I rated Ronaldo, if Pogba leaves we can replace him, Ronaldo was literally irreplaceable and he left for a lesser team because yes Real Madrid were a lesser team at the time, Madrid are as big of a club but they were at a relatively low point.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Let's be honest, 90% of our squad would have said the same about Real Madrid if asked especially when we are playing as shite as we are. Just that he seems to be one of the only worthy of being asked that.

Stacks

I actually was upset about it and I have openly admitted that I'm still bitter about Ronaldo. And to be honest I care less about Pogba doing it because I don't rate him as much as I rated Ronaldo, if Pogba leaves we can replace him, Ronaldo was literally irreplaceable and he left for a lesser team because yes Real Madrid were a lesser team at the time, Madrid are as big of a club but they were at a relatively low point.
no disagreement here

downunder red

It was a fair answer to a question, about his future, but not in these times. He should of deflected that question about Madrid straight away, after how the year has started for United. If he stays in this form we will not get over 60 m for him. He won't be in my team against Newcastle but I bet he 'll still be in Ole's. Just had enough of him. Still having fun while we're playing like this really pis... me off!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I give up. We lose 6-1 and he is flirting with Madrid. He has no respect for the club and Ole.

Ole will have to get rid of him before he gets rid of Ole. No way would Ferguson tolerate this. Had Ferguson been in charge Pogba would never have been resigned.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Ronaldo would like a word with you.
I couldn’t give a feck what he done, doesn’t make what Pogba is doing right or ok either.

Ronaldo was actively pushing for a move, is that what Pogba is doing? Or is he just being a naive dick

GiddyUp

Er, what? This is one of those ridiculously pessimistic posts predicting our inevitable plummet to mid table mediocrity that has absolutely no basis in reality. What’s the recurring theme in players like of Di Maria, Sanchez and to a lesser extent Pogba? They all have massive egos, they all failed here, they all came in on massive money and none of them were prepared to give their all. United are certainly part of the problem, but a large part of that can be attributed to those very same players that were brought in and dressed up as some sort of silver bullet to all our problems (Di Maria, Sanchez, Pogba). They all certainly acted like they were above United. You can’t just lump in all of our players like they’re some great big monolith.
Exactly. Players of this caliber are brought in to lift the club not the other way around. Look at Ibra compared to these fecking charlatans. Biggest ego in football and has had more issues with clubs than the three you mentioned but you could never accuse him of not being committed to the sport.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That’s just a load of links of players saying stuff that would understandably annoy the fans of the clubs they played for at the time.

A better idea would be links to United players, past and present, talking about their dreams of moving to another club. Thankfully, that’s s a much shorter list.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Good digging, and I don’t blame the for wanting to play here, I stand corrected.

I still think Pogba saying this after how our season as started and straight after that 6-1 drubbing he was directly at fault for 2 goals is extremely naive or just plain pimping

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Exactly. Players of this caliber are brought in to lift the club not the other way around. Look at Ibra compared to these fecking charlatans. Biggest ego in football and has had more issues with clubs than the three you mentioned but you could never accuse him of not being committed to the sport.
Plus he genuinely did lift the club. Important goals, in big games. Despite being several years past his best.

Stacks

That’s just a load of links of players saying stuff that would understandably annoy their fans.

A better idea would be links to United players, past and present, talking about their dreams of moving to another club. Thankfully, that’s s a much shorter list.
I was just pointing that it's fairly common practice and not as shocking as is being made out. Who wouldn't want better employment?
I feel people are just salty because they are struggling to come to terms with the shift of players "dreams" now focused elsewhere. I believe Lukaku recently said he dreamed of Serie A and playing with Conte, barely a year ago. It will become much more common in the dark ages post Fergie, as our stock has fallen. I have accepted our fate

JPRouve

Scout
That’s just a load of links of players saying stuff that would understandably annoy the fans of the clubs they played for at the time.

It's one of the comforts of being mainly at the top of the food chain, most fans have lived through a period where there was generally nothing above United, so we lived in a world where it would have been foolish for a player to make such statements.

Foxbatt

Ronaldo wanted to move but did he ever not give 100 effort every time he played?

Stacks

Good digging, and I don’t blame the for wanting to play here, I stand corrected.

I still think Pogba saying this after how our season as started and straight after that 6-1 drubbing he was directly at fault for 2 goals is extremely naive or just plain pimping
Its difficult for some because a lot of us feel he hasn't fully delivered what he was billed to do but I have given up and am now apathetic to it all

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I was just pointing that it's fairly common practice and not as shocking as is being made out. Who wouldn't want better employment?
I feel people are just salty because they are struggling to come to terms with the shift of players "dreams" now focused elsewhere. I believe Lukaku recently said he dreamed of Serie A and playing with Conte, barely a year ago. It will become much more common in the dark ages post Fergie, as our stock has fallen. I have accepted our fate
Maybe it will become more common but we’re not there yet. So any player who comes out with the stuff Pogba just said will be rightfully pilloried. The owners might be ready to accept our new place in the pecking order of world football but most fans have a while to go before we accept our status as also rans.

GiddyUp

this has been in the press every season bar his first here
His 1st season Zlatan put him in his place. In his 2nd season Pep publicly said that he was offered Pogba. 3rd season went to war with the manager. 4th season injured. 5th season, well here we are. The guy is a fecking joke of a professional footballer in my opinion.

GiddyUp

Plus he genuinely did lift the club. Important goals, in big games. Despite being several years past his best.
Exactly. I don't mind a prick as long as it's a professional prick who knows what it takes to be top of your sport. Ronaldo to Real was inevitable, the manager knew that. There were things said by the player and concessions made but when it was done none off us had any ill will towards any party involved. And Ronaldo was 100% correct in his decision. No way would his career reach those heights with us in this league. To even mention Pogba with the Ronaldo situation is insulting.