How long are we willing to take Pogba's insolance?

Giggsy13

I suppose you don’t see the comedy of comparing Ballon D’Or winner Ronaldo and World class level Hazard to Pogba. It’s how absolutely stupid he looks whoring for a move to Madrid when he’s not even good enough for us right now.

The difference between Ronaldo and Pogba is that I was genuinely sad to see Ronaldo go but was thankful for the the trophies he won for us. Pogba has a Ronaldo like ego without the footballing ability to match.

Last edited:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I would sell this particular virus to Madrid.

He was all committed to us again when we were on a winning run at the back end of last season. As soon as things get tough again, he’s off spouting this again. Awfully toxic player with absolutely no bottle. Get rid. It’s just a shame Madrid won’t want him.
Exactly this. On top of that he hasn't done anything special for us and has a toxic agent. I could understand if he's single handedly carrying the team. Be he is not, he was not and he dares spouting these kind of bollocks. If he doesn't want to be at United then we should let him leave when possible. Has there been a single year without him making it all about himself? rather than looking at himself when the going gets tough, he 'hints' that he's 'open to leave', either him or his agent. Same story every time. Starting to get sick of it.

Last edited:

GiddyUp

Exactly this. On top of that he hasn't done anything special for us and has a toxic agent.
I could understand if he's single handedly carrying the team. Be he is not, he was not and he dares spouting these kind of bollocks. If he doesn't want to be at United then just leave.
Our best run of form since Ole signed was without him, I want to get back to that.

ThinkTank@Cafe

I wish all the best to Paul at another club. He is not made for United. A United player is reliable and consistent no matter his level is: world class or work horse. This guy is disrupting team balance. If we sell him with no loss I would be happy.

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
These last few weeks no, but his talent and his ability to play when paired with a a proper defensive midfield partner is clear such as Kante, Vidal etc.
I think more importantly, he needs a 3 man midfield and he needs to be the most advanced one of the 3. Sort of a CM/CAM hybrid.
That's his natural role.
2 man midfields shackle him and he's an impulsive player that doesn't like restrictions.

International teams aren't as cohesive and optimized as club teams that spend 10x times more time together. That France team would need to make serious adjustments to triumph in club football.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
The thread title calls him insolent but he was actually quite polite
I agree.

But this isn't the first time he's been asked that question (by journos whilst on international duty). He should know that being who he is, the answer he gives will be scrutinized heavily by millions of United fans. Pogba knows very well how modern football fandom works.

If you want to make as little fuss as possible under the circumstances (the latter being: United just suffered a humiliating defeat, every journo out there is feasting - yet again - on the "United in crisis" narrative), you simply stay clear of that question. Again - that isn't hard to do.

Coleyoscar

Like a lot of us I've been hoping along he would come good for United for a number of reasons: his incredible natural talent; the fact that he seems a very likable personality; because we desperately need him to deliver; etc., etc.
But probably, above all, because I would love him to prove Graham Souness wrong.
Alas, his latest comments and their awful timing suggest we might be better off without him.

Houdini

Said it during the window I'd have taken anything around 80m just to use it to help get Sancho.

I don't think he will ever turn it around here now. He will probably look world class in Spain as well.
Why som many WC looking players turn out to be non-WC material for United?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Our best run of form since Ole signed was without him, I want to get back to that.
I wanted that as well. The team was working really well, at a certain discussion I remember posting that we kept the midfield as it was and let Pogba fight for his place than being given a divine right to get back into the first team. Then there were a few posters who suggested statistics such as key passes, etc which was valid but overall, he really has done nothing special to be afforded that kind of privilege.

Forcing the team to accommodate a player who always "hints" at something in his little game with his agent is madness. His commitment has always been questionable because such drama happens almost every year and this time it happened after we had a bad start to the season, really smart. Basically when things goes shit, you could bet that either him or his agent will start chirping. I don't care if he said it in a polite way, we only have to look back, he's always in this game (with his agent) that is detrimental to the club, unless if he starts performing like the 'world class' midfielder he's supposed to be rather than requiring the manager to move his team mates around to suit him.

How can you build something around a player like him? based on what I understand, he specifically needs to play as the left midfielder who's allowed so much freedom that he plays like a second striker without having to trackback and his team mates must defend for him when he loses the ball, in order to be able to perform his best at ManUnited, not with France but only with ManUnited. It's mental.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If that's your final defense, I have nothing to say about it. You believe what you want to believe.
I'm not the one that has to defend my claims, you are the ones who made a claim and couldn't bring a single element to support it.

You are the one who claimed that Pogba wasn't injured but benched.

Who's he, though?

The Pogba we saw after the restart for a few blessed games where it actually looked as though we had a very good midfield? Very likely.

The almost mythical Pogba who has a potential very few midfielders in the world can match? Without any doubt.

The actual Pogba who has turned up for United more often than not since he came back from Italy? Nah, forget it. That Pogba won't be too hard to replace.
My point was that regardless of how Pogba is doing - United won't actually buy a decent player to replace. So people unhappy with him might be careful what they wish for

JPRouve

Scout
Our best run of form under Ole was with him from December 22nd 2018 and March 2nd 2019.

el3mel

I honestly can't believe how anyone can still defend Pogba nowadays. He does himself no favor whatsoever.

GiddyUp

Our best run of form under Ole was with him from December 22nd 2018 and March 2nd 2019.
When Ole was interim, I said since Ole signed. Since then he has been absolutely cack. He wanted to show mean Jose how special he was and then it was back to the usual, getting his ass handed to him by average premier league footballers.

JPRouve

Scout
I did. You just say want you want to say and then stopped listening. You are free to not accept what I said. That's fine.
Where did you do that? You didn't answer the question about September 2018 and you tried to claim that we lost against Watford in December 2018 due to Pogba's performance when we were already 2 goals down when he came in, you didn't mention the next game against Newcastle where he was good but was also limping in the last minutes..

dirkey

Get rid. Been saying it for a long time. Overrated, egotistical, under performing.

el3mel

We have just lost 6-1 on our own home and he was one of the worst players on the pitch but then few days later he comes and talk in a presser about his dream to play for Madrid. Just form watching him talking in the press conf video, he absolutely doesn't care. He doesn't give a shite as if we haven't just lost 6 on Old Trafford. He's talking so casually about his dream to play for another club. He knew he fecked up so he had to talk well then about us to balance the quote.

This kind of mentality is one of the many reasons of our downfall. Many players don't give a shite.

GiddyUp

Not everyone who doesn't want Pogba here is a "hater", grow up.
Exactly, hate is a strong word but you are allowed to call someone shit, lazy, self absorbed, totally unfit for a quick league etc.
At least the poster you replied to didn't call us racist, that's when I get pissed. How can you be racist supporting United. We could put out a whole team of people of color outside of the keeper, I doubt many European teams could do that.

JPRouve

Scout
When Ole was interim, I said since Ole signed. Since then he has been absolutely cack. He wanted to show mean Jose how special he was and then it was back to the usual, getting his ass handed to him by average premier league footballers.
Since Ole signed our best run includes Pogba, in June and early July 2020.

UmbroDays

Who doesn’t blame him at this stage.

People say he hasn’t reached his potential, and neither have we; so let him dream.

In addition so many other quotes we left out, but I guess it won’t be the Caf without an anti-Pogba thread...again.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It will be difficult to get rid of him. He’s lackadaisical nowadays and the top teams wouldn’t put up with carrying him. He’s failed really since coming back, it’s a shame but it is what it is, if we’re going to move him on we shouldn’t really expect a massive fee.
Hopefully going forward the club see signings like Pogba and Maguire as being too expensive and risky, most of the current successful teams aren’t really built off the back of multiple 80 million signings.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He is the worst world class player I have ever seen...

World class talent, but no consistency whatsoever
Super athlete, but no real effort
Gifted technically, but never controls a game
Senior squad member, but never leads
“Has it all”, but needs very specific conditions/positions to perform.

Would much prefer a lesser “player” in his place, who knew how to play his role and gave it his all.

Definitely one of the reasons why we are where we are, rather than a world class superstar stuck in lowly Manchester.

tjb

It's not about him simply saying this. Its the fact that he has been here before. He saw the reaction then and still did the same thing again. It doesn't matter how much you say you love United, if talks of Madrid are not met with a "next question or no comment' then its pointless.

tjb

What year we're living in? 1983? 1964?

Players nowadays is just a PR machine.

Another toxic thread.
Why don't City and Liverpool players do this. Hell even Harry Kane hasn't done that, yet we, Man United, should accept that nonsense.

tombombadil

Where did you do that? You didn't answer the question about September 2018 and you tried to claim that we lost against Watford in December 2018 due to Pogba's performance when we were already 2 goals down when he came in, you didn't mention the next game against Newcastle where he was good but was also limping in the last minutes..
Did you read what I said? I clearly said I didn't blame Pogba for the loss.

I also said I can accept if it started with an injury but subsequently Pogba got left out for other reasons. I remember his timeline for return also kept changing. I remember he was supposedly back but then he kept getting left out. I also remember a few times Solsjaer spoke about his fitness, there would be a big brouhaha the next day because Pogba posted something on Instagram/twitter, like the basketball thing. Many claimed he undermined Ole with those posts. And it wasn't a one time thing, IIRC. He was also in and out of the team many times after he supposedly recovered and each time it was vague remarks about fitness, etc. Not ankle problems. Sept - Jan is a long time before he finally had ankle surgery.

I can understand if you don't accept it. I'm not gonna force you. But circumstantial as they may be, they make sense if something was happening behind the scenes.

Last edited:

Stacks

I suppose you don’t see the comedy of comparing Ballon D’Or winner Ronaldo and World class level Hazard to Pogba. It’s how absolutely stupid he looks whoring for a move to Madrid when he’s not even good enough for us right now.

The difference between Ronaldo and Pogba is that I was genuinely sad to see Ronaldo go but was thankful for the the trophies he won for us. Pogba has a Ronaldo like ego without the footballing ability to match.
I agree to be honest but I aint gonna blast him for it. If he thinks he can hack it at Madrid, let him try. It will be amusing to see him crumble under the weight of expectation but if he proves me wrong, I can live with that too.
I honestly can't believe how anyone can still defend Pogba nowadays. He does himself no favor whatsoever.
We have just lost 6-1 on our own home and he was one of the worst players on the pitch but then few days later he comes and talk in a presser about his dream to play for Madrid. Just form watching him talking in the press conf video, he absolutely doesn't care. He doesn't give a shite as if we haven't just lost 6 on Old Trafford. He's talking so casually about his dream to play for another club. He knew he fecked up so he had to talk well then about us to balance the quote.

This kind of mentality is one of the many reasons of our downfall. Many players don't give a shite.
He was asked a question about his future and gave a polite response. He doesn't have to commit to United for life. He may be talking about joining Madrid in his 30s. the circus around Pogba is similar to the circus around Trump and previously Obama. The mainstream media always like to jump on or misrepresent some of what they say and people love to get hysterical over it. we all just need to chill.

*foreign player does not see himself retiring at Man Utd* big deal

JPRouve

Scout
He is the worst world class player I have ever seen...

World class talent, but no consistency whatsoever
Super athlete, but no real effort
Gifted technically, but never controls a game
Senior squad member, but never leads
“Has it all”, but needs very specific conditions/positions to perform.

Would much prefer a lesser “player” in his place, who knew how to play his role and gave it his all.

Definitely one of the reasons why we are where we are, rather than a world class superstar stuck in lowly Manchester.
Is he world class though, consistency is a big part of being world class and does he have to be world class to be rated by us, the fans? I'm personally comfortable with the idea that he isn't world class and just a very good player under appropriate circumstances while it seems that many are still stuck with the idea they had before his transfer to United for a world record fee.

el3mel

I agree to be honest but I aint gonna blast him for it. If he thinks he can hack it at Madrid, let him try. It will be amusing to see him crumble under the weight of expectation but if he proves me wrong, I can live with that too.

He was asked a question about his future and gave a polite response. He doesn't have to commit to United for life. He may be talking about joining Madrid in his 30s. the circus around Pogba is similar to the circus around Trump and previously Obama. The mainstream media always like to jump on or misrepresent what they say and people love to get hysterical over it. we all just need to chill.

I watched the full video of the quote. He absolutely shouldn't say things like "playing to Madrid is dream for me, why not one day?" even if he followed it with some praise of the club. It came so casually as if he wasn't the worst player on the pitch in a 6 - 1 loss at Old Trafford. It really shows he doesn't care as simple as that.

He could have replied by saying Madrid is a great club but he's not thinking about leaving Manchester. A simple, polite answer to give if he is that committed but we all know he's not.

tjb

Forget the start to the season, as I feel it is very much fitness and preparation related. I honestly believe that Pogba is the last of our non-united like players left in the squad, which is why I think he has to go. We've been clearing the decks of players that cause discord and don't fight for the team, we have one more left.

dirkey

He was asked a question about his future and gave a polite response. He doesn't have to commit to United for life. He may be talking about joining Madrid in his 30s. the circus around Pogba is similar to the circus around Trump and previously Obama. The mainstream media always like to jump on or misrepresent some of what they say and people love to get hysterical over it. we all just need to chill.

Absolute rubbish. He knows exactly what he's doing every time he does this. He knew what he was doing the first time he did it, and there's absolutely no way he doesn't know now, since he has seen the reaction the last time he did it. He, and his agent, are starting to angle for their way out.

Let him go! But no big team is going to come in for him, he's deluded.

Kaos

From a footballing perspective, we should absolutely get rid. A pure luxury player who doesn't deliver when needed, and constantly flirts with a move when things aren't going well. He also doesn't seem to suit as at all tactically - would much rather give DVB a run of games.

Though unfortunately we aren't run by football people - I can easily see our clowns and Woodward gifting him a bumper contract to make him our highest paid player just to sell some shirts and boost the Disneyland Manchester brand. I genuinely hope he turns down any contract extension and forces a move if thats what it takes to convince us to sell.