How long are we willing to take Pogba's insolance?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Julien Laurens is saying that Mbappe is Madrid's target next summer so Pogba can sit and spin for another 18 months.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I disagree but feel free to not defend him with multiple posts defending him. Thanks pal, good chat.
Why would you act childishly like that? It's a bit baffling.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Julien Laurens is saying that Mbappe is Madrid's target next summer so Pogba can sit and spin for another 18 months.
Pogba and Raiola know this 1000 times more intimately than we do.

this latest outburst is just a tactic to panic Woodward into offering a new contract on higher wages. Shows how little he thinks of United fans, and yet so many of ours lap it up and return with worship.

So crude and distasteful.

tomaldinho1

Are we convinced that Ole is even allowed to drop Pogba? Does Pogba have a clause in his contract which precludes this or is Pogba protected by Woody or the Glazers because he is a jersey seller?
Mourinho didn't seem to have much issue with it...

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

this latest outburst is just a tactic to panic Woodward into offering a new contract on higher wages. Shows how little he thinks of United fans, and yet so many of ours lap it up and return with worship.

Even Ed is not that dumb... we have Bruno, vDB.. he's not the only creative player we have now

K Stand Knut

I like Pogba as a player, and I think critics are almost always wrong when criticizing him. He can easily go to a club like RM / Juve and be world class and finish his career there and win a CL or two + a Euro.

As a Utd fan, I don't really like his attitude. Given his current role for us (part of a double pivot behind a #10), I don't think he'll be missed very much if we replaced him with Fred / some other new CM. Maybe if we get a new manager like Ancelotti and the whole team is built around trying to get Pogba to be his best, he will do well, but it's unlikely at this point - we missed the boat on this one.
I don’t think I’ve ever read two such contradictory paragraphs in my life.

I rate Pogba as a player but I don’t think we’ll miss him if he was to leave?????

Here’s something that makes more sense. He has not been good enough for United, he probably never will be so we should seek to get rid ASAP.

Take whatever someone offers and let him go and be ‘world class’ somewhere else

hobbers

It's pretty clear at this point Pogba is never going to be the midfielder who will lead the charge to get us back to the top.

He's in a pretty shit position now as well. We've got Bruno who has eclipsed Pogba in every sense since arriving. We've just signed VdB. Pogba has been in dismal form for most of the last 12-18 months, bar a few purple patches. His stock both inside and outside the club has really tanked.

He'll still get offered a new deal by Woody, because Woody is a moron. And obviously he still has plenty of admirers who would definitely not say no to a cut-price Pogba signing, or even getting him on a free. Hopefully we cut our losses but I expect us to offer him a ridiculous contract that he and Raiola will gobble up.

Denis79

What point are you disagreeing with, I didn't defend Pogba I questioned your claim about when our best run happened? I suggested nothing about Pogba, I simply stated the facts that both of our best runs under Ole have happened with Pogba, at no point did I suggest that it was due to Pogba but at the same time you can't go around and ignore facts just because they don't suit your attempt to have a pop at a player. There are enough arguments against Pogba to not make things up, I don't think that he provides what we need in center midfield, in our current setup so if Ole wanted to sell him and bring someone that is a better fit then great. But I also want to make a point that some may realize later, Bruno hasn't been good after the lockdown and he is part of our current problems, like Pogba he is individually above the rest of the team but if we don't fix his role and the way he interacts with the team, he will follow the same path that Mata, Di Maria and Pogba have followed.
It is strange how the players with the most talent play so much below their ability after a while at our club. Happened to all our bigger signings post SAF, not just Pogba. Really hope Bruno doesn't follow the same path.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Huge fan of Pogba, but honestly not bothered if he goes now. When we didn't have VDB or Bruno there was no way we could have let him go as we had no other options, but that's no longer the case. Best for all parties that he goes. Get some cash, free up some space for VDB, start a new chapter. Having said that, if he stays I'd be happy enough too. He needs to up his game though, he's been poor for a while.

dirkey

He is answering a hypothetical question. It isn't his fault United fans are so touchy and entitled. As pointed out, dozens of players once said the same about playing for United one day.
He has been here 4 years. I am sure he could of left earlier if he really wanted to. Even if he was to leave end of next season, so what? He would of been here longer than what he spent at Juve. I wonder did he also say he dreamt of Madrid while at Juve and did their fans have an emotional breakdown
If he was committed, he'd say "I'm happy in Manchester" or words to that effect.

You're deluded and naive if you don't understand what he's doing here.

Almost as deluded as Paul and his pipe dream. No way Madrid are still interested.

Mostly hype this guy, these days.

Think we'd be much better served to move on from this circus.

Stacks

Go into work on Monday and tell your boss that you've seen a great company thats a competitor and you really want to go and work for them. See how they react. Its ridiculous, indefensible behaviour.
1) apples to oranges. footballers regularly talk about their plans for their careers. Aguero said he wants to play for Independiente one day. Should City fans start crying?
2) my boss would be ok with it. One guy at my work even started his own company whilst working with us and told his manager he wants to make enough money here so that he can invest in his business and run it full time. People allowed to have dreams
Why did he not make this so called dream of playing for Madrid a reality when they came in for him while he was at Juve, choosing to go back to United instead?

Perhaps there was no dream. Perhaps he simply wants to leave for a club that is guaranteed silverware at the end of every campaign.
Real didn't offer enough for Juve to accept
No one said that. It's just called being respectful to the club you're playing for at the moment, to not go on and talk about your dream of playing for another club, especially when the club is passing through a crap period of form. Very disrespectful for the club and fans you're playing for.
Why is is disrespectful though? was it disrespectful when Aguero said he would like to play for Independiente one day, despite being at City? Football is a short career. Footballers say this stuff all the time. Fans too sensitive.
Half of Leibzig players have said they would dream to play for Man Utd. I guess you were ok with it then?

Stacks

If he was committed, he'd say "I'm happy in Manchester" or words to that effect.

You're deluded and naive if you don't understand what he's doing here.

Almost as deluded as Paul and his pipe dream. No way Madrid are still interested.

Mostly hype this guy, these days.

Think we'd be much better served to move on from this circus.
I agree we should move him on but there is no circus in my mind. It is created by bitter fans and clickbait media. I grew up in the 90s when Serie A stars would literally swap clubs and play for rival after rival in the same country. You guys would have a breakdown.........

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Besides angling for a move, I cannot think of a valid reason for Pogba to mention Madrid.

It's not the first time he's done it either. Only this time he chose not to use Raiola as his mouthpiece.
I agree it’s not the first time he’s done it. I think he mentioned it because it was brought up to be fair but it’s the way he doesn’t shut it down but flirt with it that I don’t really like.
Also when reading my earlier post back after seeing your reply I didn’t mean it to come across that blunt or harsh, apologies

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Some footballers are dense aren't they.

Why wouldn't you just swerve such a question?

dirkey

I agree we should move him on but there is no circus in my mind. It is created by bitter fans and clickbait media. I grew up in the 90s when Serie A stars would literally swap clubs and play for rival after rival in the same country. You guys would have a breakdown.........
I've no issue with players switching clubs. Those players also performed well for their clubs.

Pogba doesn't, for the most part perform well for us. The minute the chips are down, he starts agitating for a move. That's the difference.

I will love Cristiano till the day I die.

Pogba is just a weasel.

Stacks

I've no issue with players switching clubs. Those players also performed well for their clubs.

Pogba doesn't, for the most part perform well for us. The minute the chips are down, he starts agitating for a move. That's the difference.

I will love Cristiano till the day I die.

Pogba is just a weasel.
he didn't agitate. He was asked a question. Its not like he demanded an interview and said "I hear Spain is sunny". In Summer 2019 he agitated. This time he just answered question about where is career could end up.

fps

It's pretty clear at this point Pogba is never going to be the midfielder who will lead the charge to get us back to the top.

He's in a pretty shit position now as well. We've got Bruno who has eclipsed Pogba in every sense since arriving. We've just signed VdB. Pogba has been in dismal form for most of the last 12-18 months, bar a few purple patches. His stock both inside and outside the club has really tanked.

He'll still get offered a new deal by Woody, because Woody is a moron. And obviously he still has plenty of admirers who would definitely not say no to a cut-price Pogba signing, or even getting him on a free. Hopefully we cut our losses but I expect us to offer him a ridiculous contract that he and Raiola will gobble up.
I really hope he isn’t offered a new contract.

Zlatattack

No one was bigger than the club was Fergie's motto. He punished Keane, Beckham, and Rooney and others, and was shown respect from all players. I remember what the club was like before Fergie took over and he changed it to our advantage. Best manager ever.
Also those players were regularly winning the league league and other trophies. He's not.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

it really is this. his wages are going to be fecking massive and he’s playing like dogshit. They are going to want to protect this asset big time. Yet more decisions that we will look back on and go what the hell were we at... if we are being honest Jose (Not a fan anymore) was trying to tell us all along. He’s not done enough to be our star player or be called world class and I think Jose was throwing down the gauntlet, Pogba wanted to leave and this started a fight with the manager but we didn’t ever plan on selling Pogba anyway so Pogba stays and Jose gets not backed and fired after getting us second.... A virus indeed. I can understand the guy seriously questioning the clubs sporting goals and direction behind the scenes and he’s probably the star player in a better team but I’m more sick of him begging Real to come get him every summer. If we can get decent money for him let him go Let’s start moving on from Pogba. His heart is clearly not in it. We tried everything, even changing managers for him, and it didn’t really work. Let him train his way back into the team from now. Ole better fecking drop him for the Newcastle game anyway. He’ll probably come on and change the game then...back to square one.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Bruno is the player we hoped Pogba would be. I don’t think it is coincidence that our best spell after restart was when Pogba was out of the team.

Drop him, start McT or Fred (or both) and look to get rid in January. He has never been that good and his Instagram is clearly his priority nowadays.

Coming out with these comments literally days after the transfer window shut, and after a humiliating defeat (in which he was one of the worst players) is at best naive, at worst utterly unprofessional and indicative of a serious attitude problem.

Ole needs to come down hard on this one and show that we don’t have room for players who don’t want to be here.

Stacks

9 pages....... feels like groundhog day. Must be the 4th or 5th time Pogba has let us know he would someday like to team up with Zidane at Real. Yet each time 9 pages.....why?
did you think he has changed his life goals?

Deery

Dreary
9 pages....... feels like groundhog day. Must be the 4th or 5th time Pogba has let us know he would someday like to team up with Zidane at Real. Yet each time 9 pages.....why?
did you think he has changed his life goals?
You’ll be happy paying £14.95 to watch him then next week after he said he dreams of Real Madrid.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Why can't he play for Madrid one day? Does he have to retire at United for you to be happy?

I don't anticipate any of our foreign born players want to end their careers here
Is anyone even arguing that he must stay at Utd? Most are saying he could or should have given a more neutral answer.

littleman

Pogba should go, it's a circus with him and he's not a particularly good clown

Ole made a bad decision to build the team around Pogba

Mourinho made the right assessments, despite him having coaching failures

dirkey

he didn't agitate. He was asked a question. Its not like he demanded an interview and said "I hear Spain is sunny". In Summer 2019 he agitated. This time he just answered question about where is career could end up.
Wow. You genuinely believe that's what happened? That's mind boggling to me.

Fair enough.

sugar_kane

It’s interesting to see how few Pogba defenders there are nowadays.

Felt like at one point it was 50/50 haters vs fanboys, now it’s only the true cranks who come out in defence of him.

it’s astonishing he’s been back with us four years and there is barely a handful of positive memories from that entire time.

RedDevil@84

His dream might be to play for Real. But with the form and whatever he shows on field, no one is coming calling for him, unless we sell him for peanuts.

hungrywing

Even Ed is not that dumb... we have Bruno, vDB.. he's not the only creative player we have now
Oh yes, he is. He got him in the first place, don't forget.

Woody will want to ‘protect his asset value’.
Let's pray he has the mother of all epiphanies and realizes the asset value he needs to protect is that of the entire club.

By God, I've been doing this wrong all along...

el3mel

Why is is disrespectful though? was it disrespectful when Aguero said he would like to play for Independiente one day, despite being at City? Football is a short career. Footballers say this stuff all the time. Fans too sensitive.
Half of Leibzig players have said they would dream to play for Man Utd. I guess you were ok with it then?
Now the Aguero case is a completely different one, I was expecting you to mention Hazard doing it at Chelsea, and my answer to it is the same to my answer about your Leibzing players, yes, it's disrespectful to the team and fans you are playing for, to say that you dream to play for anther big team, especially in the circumstances we are in at the moments.