How to get better at bypassing an organised press?

Greck

Forget Liverpool and City, West ham demonstrated even smaller clubs can pass out of the back with limited players. Kept it on the ground while we crapped the bed at home despite playing without the pressure of fans in the stands.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think people need to revisit their definition of a “high press” if they believe that’s what just happened to us. It’s going to become a catchphrase when we don’t play well.

Bojan11

Forget Liverpool and City, West ham demonstrated even smaller clubs can pass out of the back with limited players. Kept it on the ground while we crapped the bed at home despite playing without the pressure of fans in the stands.
That’s because we can’t press forward too. We ain’t good at being pressed or pressing.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I think people need to revisit their definition of a “high press” if they believe that’s what just happened to us. It’s going to become a catchphrase when we don’t play well.
Yeah, exactly. Whenever West Ham actually pressed high, we went past them. The 2nd half was more a case of fatigue catching up to us and individual errors as a result of that.

Greck

Not really. A high press is literally what the name implies, what you're conflating is the level of organisation/sophistication its executed. Pep's teams pressing high is world's more sophisticated than a West ham but they are still pressing high. West ham might have used a more rudimentary form but they still pushed up high and looked to get the ball early in our buildup