How will you remember Pogba's time at United?

Maticmaker

he won feck loads with Juve and France, starting most matches - that to me says we didn't use him properly

That being said, I thought he'd be more of leader than he has been and that might have made the difference. Perhaps he succeeded at France and Juve is because they had leaders and let him do what he had to without that burden on his shoulders, whilst at United we expected to be a leader

When you consider the players Pogba had alongside him at Juve and with France, it would have been hard to fail. IMO United was never the platform for players such as Pogba, we almost always expect too much of any individual who pulls on a United shirt; sometimes with people like Best, Law, Charlton, Robson, Keane, Scholes, Cantona, and of course CR, then we almost reach the perfection we seek.

IMO, Paul was always the 'cherry on top' of the cake, never in the cake mix itself, especially when the 'mix' was failing to rise, Paul was never the 'yeast factor' needed to ferment! :rolleyes:

AdNani

He's the ultimate luxury player, if you have a solid team and structure and add Pogba into the mix he makes a massive difference, i just don't think he's the type of player you can ask to put a team on his back and carry them. Huge amount of ability and flair. Ultimately it won't be looked back on as a success but there was moments where he was very good. But he never delivered a full season of it. His game on the pitch isn't the main issue, his Agent/Brother constantly harping on in the media has really soured the situation.

He seems like a nice guy but i won't miss him at all when he goes, which says a lot really about a player of that talent level.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don't remember him getting any other offers. It's not like clubs were showing interest.
I mean had he stayed at Juve for a year or so, they would have bumped his contract to a comparable salary for some other club would have. We were paying him around 250-300k per week, he would have earned that much anyway I think.

Hammondo

I mean had he stayed at Juve for a year or so, they would have bumped his contract to a comparable salary for some other club would have. We were paying him around 250-300k per week, he would have earned that much anyway I think.
I don't think he would, he hadn't proven to be worth it.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
World class player who wasted 6 years of his career in this mess
At what point in the last 6 years did he demonstrate he was world class? Bruno, Ronaldo et el proved that it’s possible to be world class yet Pogba can’t?

feck off with that shit.

perhaps Paul should go back to working on the basics of football first before running he or his agents mouth

KeanoMagicHat

Every time Pogba plays he gets dog's abuse and almost every time he doesn't play we are shite. He has been a part of all our best moments in the past 5-6 years to be fair. Overall, it's still a failure relative to expectation, but he's been better than he has been given credit for.

The worst player to ever play for our club.
Like shite like this. He's not even in the worst 10 players in the squad at this very moment.

VivaRonaldo85

The odd glimpse but generally a major flop who has wasted the best years of his career.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
He'll be the symbol of everything wrong with this era, the Pogba days will be looked on with horror.

Lewnited

Every time Pogba plays he gets dog's abuse and almost every time he doesn't play we are shite. He has been a part of all our best moments in the past 5-6 years to be fair. Overall, it's still a failure relative to expectation, but he's been better than he has been given credit for.
Pretty much this, from the moment he came up until Bruno joined, we could barely create a chance without him on the pitch. Even in Ole's best periods (initial run and post lockdown), he played a key part. For the life of me I can't understand why he gets so much vitriol thrown his way.

Judas

Open to offers
Poorly timed and bitterly disappointing. When he's been fit and up for it he's comfortably been one of the very best players at the club by far, but it's just not happened nearly enough. A truly talented footballer, but it simply hasn't panned out like I hoped it would.

KeanoMagicHat

Pretty much this, from the moment he came up until Bruno joined, we could barely create a chance without him on the pitch. Even in Ole's best periods (initial run and post lockdown), he played a key part. For the life of me I can't understand why he gets so much vitriol thrown his way.
Yep like this post below:

He'll be the symbol of everything wrong with this era, the Pogba days will be looked on with horror.
That will be the symbol of our mediocrity... not giving Scott McTominay 118 first-team appearances in 3 seasons.

Velvet Revolver

Disappointment.

We let him down by being such a shambles, never building around him properly, buying in the supporting pieces he needed to thrive.

He let us down by rarely seeming 100% bought in, constantly complaining through his various proxies about this and that, undermining us before big occasions, etc etc.

It's been a big'ol waste overall really, a shame. Best of luck to the guy though.
A season ago I thought this was the case but now in hindsight. He never fit our team or the style of play. 3 managers have played him in different positions to make him part of the team he never did anything consistently.if he is in the mood he does things. The nostalgia of having him come here and win titles as coming home thing is what clouded everyone's judgement.

I sure hoped it would be better but not meant. And he leaves on a free twice so there;s that

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
At least we had all that silverware in his first season. Those are some nice memories.

We will struggle to recreate those moments in th near future with our current crop.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
What about poor me :lol:

DevilRed

He can cup his ears all the way back to france.

The ultras will see right through his lazy arse. If he thinks Old Trafford gave him a booing, wait till he becomes that overpaid lazy cnut in paris that gets confronted by their hardcore fans.

JohnnyKills

Wasted his time and ours.

Also, for those who say Raiola is a genius - any elite-level player will earn huge money regardless of his agent. It's more instructive to look at the trophies his clients have won - all the big names have under-achieved.

Hughie77

Was more interested in what hair do he was having Instead of playing. Highlights 2 goals against City for 2-3 win. Bye bye.

JohnnyKills

The total cost of ownership (transfer fee+wages) vs his output makes him by far the worst player I've ever seen at this club.

Can't wait till he leaves.
He came through our academy, has left us twice and yet we're down 90 million. Unreal.

KeanoMagicHat

The total cost of ownership (transfer fee+wages) vs his output makes him by far the worst player I've ever seen at this club.

Can't wait till he leaves.
Well I completely disagree, at least Pogba has played well at times and won a few trophies and actively contributed to the team in a positive way in stretches. Alexis Sanchez actively made the team worse to cost over £50 million in wages, to score 3 league goals.

OleGunnar20

A season ago I thought this was the case but now in hindsight. He never fit our team or the style of play. 3 managers have played him in different positions to make him part of the team he never did anything consistently.if he is in the mood he does things. The nostalgia of having him come here and win titles as coming home thing is what clouded everyone's judgement.

I sure hoped it would be better but not meant. And he leaves on a free twice so there;s that
Oh for sure, I won't miss him not one bit. Neither his character nor his intermittent footballing ability.

Tap

A massive letdown and disappointment. He will not be missed.

norm87cro

I really don't like the guy but if I could be fair to hi
m the 3 2 City was the best game he had in our shirt

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He was criticized a bit too much at the beginning for not carrying the team on his own — he obviously didn’t fulfill his full potential and failed to establish himself as a leader but damn did we do everything to feck him up as well. His time with Ibra was probably his best spell for us as Ibra had managed to steal the headlights and take him under his wing. Jose’s treatment of Pogba was a fecking crime.

The second half of his stint with us though… it’s like he wasn’t even here, except for taking his 300k+ pounds home every week.

Overall it’s a huge disappointment, of course. He never managed to maintain his peak performance even throughout one season and at some point he became completely disassociated from the team. United being a complete mess didn’t help, but ideally he would’ve been the leader to take us through that mess… he wasn’t. Injuries, transfer speculation and lack of effort would probably end up more memorable than some of his truly outstanding performances for us and it’s probably right.

Very few fans would like to see him sign another long-term contract at this point and that’s saying something.