How would you feel if Rooney smashed it at Everton?

Alabaster Codify7

Its funny that some fans actually held the opinion that Rooney still had something left to offer and it was merely a case of the club mismanaging and fans mistreating him.

What a joke, anyone could see he had nothing to offer on the pitch anymore. Glad to see he's proving us right and shutting up the pundits who used to love having digs at us for not playing him 'in his favoured position'.

Dobbs

Benched for the third Premier League match running and was unused in the last two. Didn't take long did it?
Maybe a few will have a rethink on jumping to conclusions after just a couple of games. There were some poor posts when he first scored a goal or two. Posts that have already aged terribly. See below:

The so what is two-fold:
  1. He's already on his way to proving how horribly wrong some people were in saying he wouldn't even get on the pitch for Everton because he's declined so badly
  2. There's a chance he'll be one of their main players in a successful bid to finish above their rivals Liverpool, which would naturally be a great deal for Everton and prove most people wrong on that front

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Maybe a few will have a rethink on jumping to conclusions after just a couple of games. There were some poor posts when he first scored a goal or two. Posts that have already aged terribly. See below:
Ouch @Brwned, I honestly don't have a clue how you could have watched him for the last two years and think any of those things.

clarkydaz

Its funny that some fans actually held the opinion that Rooney still had something left to offer and it was merely a case of the club mismanaging and fans mistreating him.

What a joke, anyone could see he had nothing to offer on the pitch anymore. Glad to see he's proving us right and shutting up the pundits who used to love having digs at us for not playing him 'in his favoured position'.
He needs runners, though :angel:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Ouch @Brwned, I honestly don't have a clue how you could have watched him for the last two years and think any of those things.
He must be the most overrated premierleague player by his set of fans ever, I can't understand how anyone who watched him over past few years could rate him anything more than an average premierleague player. Altough, by the looks of it, he isn't even that anymore when he can't even get in Everton's first XI.

Damn good player at his best, but many were still blinded by that old love for him years later.

Sterling Archer

Definately 'smashing' it tonight. On his hat trick.

Playing as a centre midfielder in a 433. Doing a good job.
It's really quite pleasing to see Wayne do well at Everton this season, even if come the end of his career you wind up just calling it padding his stats in the league. He is a United legend and I'm glad he had his send off before tarnishing his history with United any more than the post Fergie era had been

FujiVice

Playing as a centre midfielder in a 433. Doing a good job.
That's where he needs to play at this stage of his career. He played well there for us, but understandly he wasnt good enough to play there for the level we want to be at. I reckon Rooney as a CM in this Everton side would be a revelation. Its just not a striker anymore, sadly. To old, easily marked out of the game.

Traub

Wayne vs Moyes is like battle of the (man united) bastards

Bojan11

Wayne vs Moyes is like battle of the (man united) bastards
How so? Rooney was shit in his last few years granted. But he was a very good serving and I wouldn’t describe him as a bastard. Moyes was just shit.

There’s no comparison.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Legend... Love that he rolled it back against Moyesey too. Will never stop disliking Moyes :lol:

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Really happy for him, he gave so many great years to United. The abuse he got towards the end of his time with us was shocking after everything he had achieved at the club. It is great to see he has the ability to play at PL level.

Wilt

Brilliant Wayne Rooney .....class will always tell

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
They has too, or the other choice is admitting Joe Hart is a tit and fecked up big time.
Aye, similar to Savage’s ludicrous pretence that the first goal wasn’t a nailed on penalty.

I mean, when a professional footballer gets a crack at a completely unprotected goal from around the halfway circle, with the ball rolling towards him and under no pressure whatsoever, it’s not exactly an outrageous feat of skill to hit the target.