How would you feel if Rooney smashed it at Everton?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
From what I have seen, he is still pretty much the same player. Shows bit of more energy at times, like he used to do here when he needed to prove a point, but that will disappear in few games. Not good enough to play up front alone for Everton either, but instead has that free role that he likes so much.

idmanager

Boy what a pointless thread.
He has fallen below Torres' fall from grace levels

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
1-0 down and he was between his centrebacks and barely across the half way line when they got it into the box after he comes on as a late sub. Ridiculous.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Deeper than the Mariana Trench for much of that cameo. OK he bailed us out last year at Stoke but he's not the man to bring off the bench. Surely you want a bit of dynamism and a bit of something different, not someone who will mostly operate a mile from goal.

It looks as if the chances of him smashing it there are exceedingly slim, and the end is nigh.

prateik

In fairness they had other attacking players on. His role was probably to play from deep..
That said, he wasnt any good

AlwaysRed66

I see he was doing his usual ranting at the match officials act at the end of the Burnley match, for having the audacity to make the correct decisions.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
In a way, I feel for him.
Looks like a champion boxer that can barely move but needs to feed his family.
Painful.

Alabaster Codify7

It's bonkers that some people, fans and pundits alike, thought this was a remote possibility or even a nailed-on guarantee.

What exactly had people been watching for 2-3yrs? How much shitter does a player need to look before you start suspecting it's not a dip in form, but a pattern?

Dobbs

It's bonkers that some people, fans and pundits alike, thought this was a remote possibility or even a nailed-on guarantee.

What exactly had people been watching for 2-3yrs? How much shitter does a player need to look before you start suspecting it's not a dip in form, but a pattern?
You have fans who love a particular player. Almost above the team. Then there's the Rooney fan club. It's another level.

When Rooney hit rock bottom(was it against Northampton?) they finally accepted he didn't belong at United anymore. That's what it took. Something posters had been telling them for years.

So you'd think it would be a lesson learned. Excpet he goes to Everton and they start all over again. Assuring us he'll be great for them. After just one or two games they were here telling us he's proven people wrong. It was massively presumptuous then and now it looks even worse.

As tragic as it is the guy is almost done at 32.

Robbie Boy

The Everton fans are posting the exact same things on Grandoldteam that have been posted here for the past 3 years. His performances have been terrible despite some 'stat padding'.

Djemba-Djemba

The Everton fans are posting the exact same things on Grandoldteam that have been posted here for the past 3 years. His performances have been terrible despite some 'stat padding'.
They seem to have realised it much quicker than most on here.

It took 2 or 3 years of complete shit before many Utd fans realised he was finished.

Shark

@NotShark
He was never going to smash it, because he's been past it for 3 years or more. Ridiculous signing from Everton.

Robbie Boy

They seem to have realised it much quicker than most on here.

It took 2 or 3 years of complete shit before many Utd fans realised he was finished.
My missus' dad supports Everton and she has an interest in them to a degree so I've always liked them to some extent. I pop over to Grandoldteam every now and again and when he first signed, their fans were trying to get excited and were hoping that things had gone stale for him with us and he would find some form again in new surroundings.

To be honest, it always seemed more hope than belief. But now, they can see he's well past it and he's generally quite heavily criticised over there.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He's actually done better than many thought he would. A sad indictment of the nightmare month he's had.

dakingpin1999

Should listen to Durham and Gough on talksports drive, the two of them talk about Rooney as if he is some sort of god

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
So glad we got rid. Having Martial and Rashford rotate off the bench is so much better than Captain Slowtastic coming on and breaking our attacks.

Happy to see the blue scousers struggling to find a use for him.

Moby

Dick
It really is one of the worst declines of a world class player I've seen. Most top players manage to contribute in some way even at a later stage in their career, he's just been completely useless for ages.

dakingpin1999

So glad we got rid. Having Martial and Rashford rotate off the bench is so much better than Captain Slowtastic coming on and breaking our attacks.

Happy to see the blue scousers struggling to find a use for him.
Utd should have got rid of Rooney during the summer of 2013, he was finished back then! Eventually Jose came along and binned him for good. Thank you Jose.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I don't agree with people that his decline is that big and rapid, he's been declining slowly for at least 5 or 6 years but everyone was ignoring it, people just noticed it when he stopped scoring goals which were often masking his performances since pretty much turn of the decade.

chb23

Mourinho has a job for life for getting rid of rooney as far as i'm concerned :D

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The only thing Wayne is smashing at Everton is the tea lady.

Womp

idiot
It really is one of the worst declines of a world class player I've seen. Most top players manage to contribute in some way even at a later stage in their career, he's just been completely useless for ages.
Think that has something to do with the fact that most WC players still possess the technique they did in their younger years.

Rooney was no slouch technically, but he was no Messi or Iniesta. His career was built on pace and power. When those physical attributes began to dwindle, so did he.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Utd should have got rid of Rooney during the summer of 2013, he was finished back then! Eventually Jose came along and binned him for good. Thank you Jose.
While giving him chances to show the world he was shit and binning wasn't gonna be an "injustice". Mourinho handled the whole thing perfectly.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Think that has something to do with the fact that most WC players still possess the technique they did in their younger years.

Rooney was no slouch technically, but he was no Messi or Iniesta. His career was built on pace and power. When those physical attributes began to dwindle, so did he.
Yup and some players begin transitionning their game to one less based on physical attributes (Giggs, Totti, Zlatan) but more about intelligence.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
You have fans who love a particular player. Almost above the team. Then there's the Rooney fan club. It's another level.

When Rooney hit rock bottom(was it against Northampton?) they finally accepted he didn't belong at United anymore. That's what it took. Something posters had been telling them for years.

So you'd think it would be a lesson learned. Excpet he goes to Everton and they start all over again. Assuring us he'll be great for them. After just one or two games they were here telling us he's proven people wrong. It was massively presumptuous then and now it looks even worse.

As tragic as it is the guy is almost done at 32.
Hes had a very long career already though, and he simply does not have the genes or lifestyle to keep playing at the top level as the likes of Robben, Zlatan or Ronaldo. He still can show some flashes of quality, but hes far from the force of nature he was 10 years ago.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Benched for the third Premier League match running and was unused in the last two. Didn't take long did it?

el3mel

Benched for the third Premier League match running and was unused in the last two. Didn't take long did it?
Will be hilarious if they get relegated. Wonder what he'll do then as can't see him agreeing to play in Championship.

prtk0811

Will be hilarious if they get relegated. Wonder what he'll do then as can't see him agreeing to play in Championship.
I dont want them to go that way, They are good buyers of our players.