How would you feel if Rooney smashed it at Everton?

Cantonagotmehere

Err Everton?

Your username says it all. Try putting the bone down for a while.

Unbelievable the hate that some still have for him and the lengths they will go to bash a player who no longer plays for us. A former united player, never mind our all time greatest goal scorer; scoring the goal that caused one of our biggest rivals to drop points should never yield such negative comments. It's not like anyone thinks he should still be here over Lukaku. I'd still take him as a squad player any day of the week though. Deal with it :boring:
Thank you. Well said.

Cloud7

As I said previously in this thread, this is exactly what I hoped for. Him smashing it and taking points off our title rivals can only be good for us.

ManRant

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
:lol: My thoughts as well. Really don't get it. Doesn't even play for us anymore yet some are grumpy about the fact he's doing alright for Everton.
Maybe the poster who weirdly unhappy with him scoring is actually a City fan.

Womp

idiot
I'm happy to see him doing well. I'm not gonna lie but my appreciation for him was dwindling with him stinking up the place. Now that he's gone I see him for what he is - our top ever goal scorer who was a very good player for us.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's regained his form on Twitter, too. What a comeback this is, reminds me of the good old overhead kick goals and "shut up u egg" days!

If he wasn't already a legend, this tweet makes him one.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'm happy to see him doing well. I'm not gonna lie but my appreciation for him was dwindling with him stinking up the place. Now that he's gone I see him for what he is - our top ever goal scorer who was a very good player for us.
Oyeah. As long as he still shows good affinity towards United, the feeling will always be mutual. We, United fans, are so easy to be pleased :D

LLMU

He is doing alright. Going back to his childhood club, leads the line and scoring goals too. Will always remember him as a player who gave us his best years.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Be it a dead cat bounce or a slight ascendency into a quality twilight of his career, how can we be upset with Rooney? An obvious legend of ours, hopefully he can prove legendary for Everton during his last few seasons in the Premier League. Any brilliance by him will mostly benefit us, he is well placed, Agent Wazza. Massive good luck to him!

krazyrobus

Thanks agent wazza! Here is hoping he can rinse and repeat against our other rivals.

Jonno

What exactly in that post of mine do you disagree with then ? Let's look......

Finished at highest level ? Yes I think he is. I don't think a team with realistic PL or CL ambitions would take him.
Rubbish for us in past two seasons ? Yes. Definitely. Don't think you'd find many United fans disagreeing with that.
His goal tonight ? Got it on target but let's be honest the keeper made a bit of a hash of it.
Rooney careless and lazy in possession ? The number of times he did that over the past two seasons it has almost become his trademark.
Should we give a toss what Rooney's current level is? No

Am I happy that he's enjoying his football again, playing every week, and so far scoring every week? Yes

Calm down and enjoy the football

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Im delighted for him in all honesty. With the career he has had he deserves to be at a team that can still give him the platform to be a top player.

Ashley R1+O

He's regained his form on Twitter, too. What a comeback this is, reminds me of the good old overhead kick goals and "shut up u egg" days!

:lol: The man is a savage. Nice goal this morning as well, I hope we know not to let him ghost in on the area unmarked like that. He'll net for days if he gets more of those unmarked free chances.

sokol11

What are they gesticulating to him with two fingers? That United won two trophies the previous year (Charity Shield doesn't count)?

DannyDee

Glad to see him do well but he didn't fit us anymore and we needed to move on. I wish he aged like fine wine like Giggs and Scholes did, unfortunately, that wasn't in the cards. We got some great years from him and he was an instrumental player in one of our most dominant periods. I wish he had the same dedication to his craft the Ronaldo did, as they were very comparable talents when they both broke through for us, but when he was on the pitch he played with such intensity that I will miss. 18 to 27-year-old Rooney who played with that fire which was a gift and a curse is missed. He was never really the same after he lost whatever edge he had that drove him.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Greta to see him looking sharp and scoring. He has earned his swansong there. Let's just hope he doesn't do us.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Well pleased for him, and I'd say that if it wasn't City. Seems to be enjoying his football again, and the way he celebrated that goal was great. He's got some fire back in his belly again. :devil:

Danny Roberts

He's well past it. NO chance he scores today against City. Terrible player. Worst signing of the season. Everton are terrible as well. City will probably get 5 today. Easy game.
This. There's zero chance of Everton getting anything at all from this game, and if they do, it proves I know nothing about footy...
Yeah, but now City will come back and win - that much is utterly inevitable, I guarantee that's what will happen, and there's no way I'll be wrong.
Good work gents.

Think Rooney will get 17 all comps this season.

dasty

Wtf can't people be happy that our former captain, striker, top goalscorer, multiple league winner, long time servant is scoring goals for his boyhood club, especially against our rivals and pissing their fans off in the process? What's with the moan and bitterness in this thread? This place is getting more and more ridiculous.

Yogesh911

Brilliant goal from Wayne! Can't fault his commitment either, he always puts a shift in. Having said that I don't think he had a great overall game. Its easy to see why he wouldn't fit us but can do a job for Everton- they can give him a run of games even when his performances are average. Roo thrives on that consistency & as long as he scores against our Big 5 rivals, he'd be helping us for the title.

Unmutual

I thought last night showed why Everton was a good move for Rooney. Watching the game, Rooney wasn't really that great. He was generally pretty cautious and even then managed to lose the ball a few times. Really lovely run for the goal, but in the second half with City down to 10 men and pushing forward, a pacy striker would have had a field day. Rooney offered nothing on the counter attack and the lack of threat meant City never had any reason to hold back.

Thing is though, the different expectations for Everton and United mean his contribution is seen differently. At United, losing a lead at a main rival despite being a man up would be seen as a poor result and so Rooney's lack of threat in the second half would stand out. At Everton, a draw away to City is seen as a decent result, so people don't worry so much about the second half performance and just focus on what he did well.