How would you feel if Rooney smashed it at Everton?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Ha ha that first post about the chip, not read the thread before that page but you could just swap the forum to the cafe and you'd never know.
Tbf we'd be like "is he still trying that chip?". They're still asking what it is.

6'8 keeper on his line and Rooney tried a chip :lol:

clarkydaz

i remember a LVG press conference where it was basically about Rooney scoring a chip in training. With actual camera footage of it

Tonight I hear the commentators saying he is rusty. wow that changed very quickly

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Reading their board, well, it's quite funny isn't it, it's nice to be able to laugh at the Rooney situation now it's no longer our problem.

El Zoido

I want to enjoy this but now he's not our problem anymore it just seems tragic. I feel sorry for him. I genuinely hope he gives them a good season.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

To see the player he's become embarrasses Man Utd: For the past years we pretended a player who has become a passenger at the top level still had 'it.' For what? His ego? Our marketing plans?

Fergie always said no player could become bigger than the club or it would destroy the club. Rooney's survival at United post Fergie is a case in point. We lowered our standards to suit one man and the rot spread through the whole squad.

Danny Roberts

I actually thought Rooney was a little better last night. Compared to the first game at any rate. He showed a few decent touches and wasn't 100% awful.

The main reason he's dropped off is starting so early. It's happened to loads of players, especially strikers where sharpness is key. He obviously hasn't looked after himself brilliantly and his natural physique is on the large side. I still don't fully understand why his touch has gone so bad. His lack of fitness would explain it being poor later in the game but even from the off his first touch just seems to have gone dreadful all too often.

Anyway...why are we talking about him?!

C3Pique

Have Everton not bought another striker this summer? Going to look awful going into the season with Rooney first choice.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
This isn't in the least bit premature

Sorry but if you read some of the thoughts on here you'd think he was a finished conference level player. He's definitely still got it to do well for Everton. Also everyone ridiculed the 'it's preseason he doesn't look sharp yet but will when the season starts' comments and now that it's actually happened "this is premature"?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Sorry but if you read some of the thoughts on here you'd think he was a finished conference level player. He's definitely still got it to do well for Everton. Also everyone ridiculed the 'it's preseason he doesn't look sharp yet but will when the season starts' comments and now that it's actually happened "this is premature"?
You're using a single goal to justify the assertion that he's still got it. Yea I'd say that's premature.

Brightonian

You're using a single goal to justify the assertion that he's still got it. Yea I'd say that's premature.
To be fair it sounds like the people he was responding to were using pre-season to justify the assertion that he doesn't. Equally silly.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Single goal? He's currently on fire linking up play. Check his stats on whoscored if you think I'm biased or watch the highlights. A good chunk of people here were making fun of the comments that he wasn't sharp because of pre-season which I didn't understand.

He's playing right now and looks sharp as ever so now the jokes on them.

wr8_utd

:'(
Rooney has been brilliant in this second half. Making some really good incisive passes.

redIndianDevil

I think Rooney will have it easy at Everton, currently he is doing well because he gets to counter attack more, he has more space to pick out passes(we usually had to deal with packed defences), but seeing this match he still has all the same shortcomings he had at the end of his United career - dreadful touch often, misplaced passes, losing possession, his set-pieces have been abysmal so far.

IMO even if does score 10 or more goals for Everton we can safely assume that he never would have achieved that figure if he had stayed with us.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Except for against united, I wish Rooney all the very best at Everton.

Pleased he's scored for his boyhood team today.

Sterling Archer

He has been excellent most of the game to be fair. I think it helps to have a bustling team around him and not that he can't handle pressure, but certainly at this stage in his career it might be ideal.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
New club bounce of enthusiasm.
He's been crap for us for 3 or r seasons.

Natural he'll go to Everton and be buoyed for a few weeks, maybe this season he'll be ok.

So what. Overall I'm glad he doesn't play for us any more

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

Natural he'll go to Everton and be buoyed for a few weeks, maybe this season he'll be ok.

The so what is two-fold:
  1. He's already on his way to proving how horribly wrong some people were in saying he wouldn't even get on the pitch for Everton because he's declined so badly
  2. There's a chance he'll be one of their main players in a successful bid to finish above their rivals Liverpool, which would naturally be a great deal for Everton and prove most people wrong on that front

cfkane

Glad for Rooney. He might well smash it at Everton and I would be happy for him if he did, but I put it down to change of scenery. I would imagine that the change has refocused him and he will play better for it. Even if his nets 20, I'd not regret his leaving because I don't believe he would play the same in the United side.

OneUnited24

I think he'll do well at that level. I dont buy what a few people here were saying that hes championship at best.

For a team at Evertons level i think he can offer a lot and will do well for them. I wish him well but as you say, i'm happy hes not here anymore.

Dobbs

The so what is two-fold:
  1. He's already on his way to proving how horribly wrong some people were in saying he wouldn't even get on the pitch for Everton because he's declined so badly
  2. There's a chance he'll be one of their main players in a successful bid to finish above their rivals Liverpool, which would naturally be a great deal for Everton and prove most people wrong on that front
He's proved all this with one game?

If his next game is poor would you reverse your opinion?

Brwned

He's proved all this with one game?

If his next game is poor would you reverse your opinion?
Did you deliberately misread the point or was it accidental? "on his way to" and "there's a chance" should answer your question.

He has already proven some people wrong, for what it's worth. Some people said Everton wouldn't go near him.

TheSwedeFromSweden

Supports
Zlatan
He was amazing. Nice seeing what a transfer can do to a player regarding new motivation. Has been proven before that players can find back to their old roots by changing clubs and this looks like another example.

Dobbs

Did you deliberately misread the point or was it accidental?
If you think your post has been misinterpreted maybe take another look. It reads very much like someone making sweeping conclusions based on one game.

Brwned

If you think your post has been misinterpreted maybe take another look. It reads very much like someone making sweeping conclusions based on one game.
Deliberately then. Fair enough. Each to their own.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Rooney scoring the winner in his first PL game for Everton after returning has been great.
Like some others said I hope he will score against any team bar us.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Clearly there is a rather large contingent of United fans whom still possess an agenda against Wayne Rooney, god knows why, he isn't even a United player anymore.

Hope he smashes it at Everton.

PieCrust

Haven't seen Rooney actually sprint with a bit pace for awhile. He made a nice little run into the box, was free, and scored a nice header. Good for him, it was a good team goal and a match winner.

chb23

Glad Rooney is doing well. Not worried that we sold him as he won't keep it up.

If he does keep it up then we should be booing the fk out of him for stealing a wage from us for 3-4 seasons.

Reactions: SteveJ

Ashley R1+O

So the question how would you feel if Rooney found some 9/10, 11/12 form and scored over 30 goals in each of the next 3 seasons. I'll leave it at 3 seasons as at 35 few go on from there and it looks an ask for Rooney to even get that far.
To be honest that would be an absolute miracle. Some truly laudable stuff at his age and the stage of his career and the move he has just made. That would fire Everton pretty close to a title challenge would it not? I wouldn't be that phased if he 'smashed it' by putting up those kind of numbers, I personally think if he can net around 12-20 times in the league alone then it will be a mission accomplished for his move as far as returning to the international arena for one last hit out is concerned. I think if he can score 12-15 goals a season for the next four seasons it puts him in with a real shot of beating Shearers record, which would be an incredible cherry on the top of his already glittering career.

edit; Maybe the OP is talking goals in all competitions. I am merely talking in the league.