I Now Have Nothing But Outright Contempt For Van Gaal And The Board

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I have no contempt for him. He's trying his best and it's just not working out.

ravi2

That said, Fener is also a team of mine, and we're putting in a strong title challenge this season.

It turns out that I'm very happy.

I wish Fenerbache the best, how are nani and RVP coming along this season?

The Purley King

United fans may have left early to beat the traffic.
Right............

its got to Moyes-esque levels now when every time I listen to him speak I want to take a baseball bat to my TV.

RedStarUnited

But we knew NASA was sending a rocket to the moon, therefore we knew something was being done.

So by your logic, if nothing happens in respect of Van Gaal for the next 5 years we still can't deduce that nothing was happening now?
In a way yes. Because we might be trying to get Pep/Jose in and they might turn us down. To me and you, nothing happened but to those involved they tried to do something but it didn't work out.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Contempt? No. LVG is either past it – or not. But contempt isn't appropriate. He's not a contemptible figure – a crazy, potentially incompetent figure, yes. But he isn't contemptible unless something surprisingly damning should come to light. The board? Woody? Yes, very possible. But the jury's out. Can't pass judgment on him/them until they've actually revealed their cards. And in fairness – they haven't. Yet.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Woody, Woody.
What the f*ck?
Your forehead is shaped like a truck.
Your management all f*cking suck.
I hope you get punched by a duck.
Our progression is f*cking stuck.
You've dragged our name right through the muck.
Once more please get punched by a duck.
Woody, Woody.
What the f*ck?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Woody, Woody.
What the f*ck?
Your forehead is shaped like a truck.
Your management all f*cking suck.
I hope you get punched by a duck.
Our progression is f*cking stuck.
You've dragged our name right through the muck.
Once more please get punched by a duck.
Woody, Woody.
What the f*ck?
:lol: You're a genius.

Winrar

This is basically LVG and the board's response to our complaints of tumescent football

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That's a weird way of looking at things. So to you, until something happens, nothing is being done to make it happen?

e.g. Before someone was on the moon, NASA were doing nothing.
Unfortunately the list of patents before 1969 aren't available but you can see that the NASA progresses in their projects because of them, the NASA is always inventing something. In the case of LVG no one is asking him to invent football, his mission is to achieve what other managers are achieving with less resources.

Rednotdead

Unfortunately the list of patents before 1969 aren't available but you can see that the NASA progresses in their projects because of them, the NASA is always inventing something. In the case of LVG no one is asking him to invent football, his mission is to achieve what other managers are achieving with less resources.
It was more to do with my assertion that the Board is doing nothing. He asserted that we don't know the Board is doing nothing.

As far as I see it, until the Board is seen to have done something about Van Gaal's uselessness, they've done nothing.

stevoc

That's what it's come to. Mild annoyance has turned to anger, then to disgust and finally nothing but contempt for Van Gaal and the Board.

Van Gaal is simply not up to the job. It's so painfully obvious that it's now embarrassing to have to listen to his ludicrous utterances. Nothing is getting better, only worse week by week. If the man had any dignity or self respect he'd resign, but clearly he hasn't.

The Board is doing its best Mr Micawber impression, bumbling around doing nothing in the hope that "never fear my dear, something will turn up". Well, it won't. Decisive action is needed NOW. Sack Van Gaal, put Giggs in charge until the end of the season then decide on a permanent appointment in the Summer.

Let's at least try, as both club and supporters, to regain some dignity and respect from this mess.

I love Manchester United but currently I hate everything about it.
Out of interest, where did you stand on Moyes when things got really bad during his time here (so from about Dec-April)?

What you describe is pretty much how i felt about Moyes from early on after he took over.

Replacing Van Gaal might help short term but only with some experience, if it's Giggs i would rather just keep LVG until the summer.

Rednotdead

Out of interest, where did you stand on Moyes when things got really bad during his time here (so from about Dec-April)?

What you describe is pretty much how i felt about Moyes from early on after he took over.

Replacing Van Gaal might help short term but only with some experience, if it's Giggs i would rather just keep LVG until the summer.
I didn't feel quite so bad about Moyes at that time , he'd only been in the job for - what - 4 or 5 months by then and I thought he should be given a bit more time.

Van Gaal has been in the job for 18 months now, time enough to have made at least modest improvements. He also doesn't help himself with some of his ludicrous utterances.

stevoc

I didn't feel quite so bad about Moyes at that time , he'd only been in the job for - what - 4 or 5 months by then and I thought he should be given a bit more time.

Van Gaal has been in the job for 18 months now, time enough to have made at least modest improvements. He also doesn't help himself with some of his ludicrous utterances.
Fair enough mate was just interested, i don't want to seem like i'm defending LVG as i'm pretty much at the stage where i think he should go too.

But i still don't think things are as bad as they were under Moyes, we have improved in areas. The last 6 weeks or so has been our worst period since LVG took over. Before that we were alright.

I still think we'll at least come in the top 4, and i don't think he can really do much damage if he stays on until July and we replace him then. Can't say i ever felt that way about Moyes once i felt he had to go.

Rednotdead

Fair enough mate was just interested, i don't want to seem like i'm defending LVG as i'm pretty much at the stage where i think he should go too.

But i still don't think things are as bad as they were under Moyes, we have improved in areas. The last 6 weeks or so has been our worst period since LVG took over. Before that we were alright.

I still think we'll at least come in the top 4, and i don't think he can really do much damage if he stays on until July and we replace him then. Can't say i ever felt that way about Moyes once i felt he had to go.
I have to say I wish I were as confident as you in a top 4 finish, there doesn't seem much at the moment to suggest that may happen.

LonelyFire

What gives you any confidence that we will finish top 4? With the greatest of respect, it cant be anything other than faith. There are no footballing signs of improvement.

stevoc

I have to say I wish I were as confident as you in a top 4 finish, there doesn't seem much at the moment to suggest that may happen.
What gives you any confidence that we will finish top 4? With the greatest of respect, it cant be anything other than faith. There are no footballing signs of improvement.
Well it took a run of 6 games without a win including 3 defeats in a row to drop us out of the top 4. I don't see us repeating that any time soon. A lot of that run was down to our injury crisis.

We will get more players back from injury eventually, Rooney looks to be picking up some form and we're only 2 points off 4th and what 5-6 off 2nd. A few wins in a row, a few draw/defeats for other teams and things can easily change.

I'm not 100% sure we ill come in the top 4, but even at this stage i would be a bit surprised if we didn't get back in there eventually to be honest.

LonelyFire

Well it took a run of 6 games without a win including 3 defeats in a row to drop us out of the top 4. I don't see us repeating that any time soon. A lot of that run was down to our injury crisis.

We will get more players back from injury eventually, Rooney looks to be picking up some form and we're only 2 points off 4th and what 5-6 off 2nd. A few wins in a row, a few draw/defeats for other teams and things can easily change.

I'm not 100% sure we ill come in the top 4, but even at this stage i would be a bit surprised if we didn't get back in there eventually to be honest.
A few points:

Don't see us repeating that? There are no signs to suggest we can win games consistently - that's my point.

The injury crisis had some impact but not on a lot of the really poor results. The dropped points against Norwich, Bournemouth, Stoke, Chelsea or Newcastle had nothing to do with the players available.

Its going to take more than 2 games for me to have any belief in a resurgent Rooney so jury is out on that. Those 2 points will most likely be 5 after Spurs play their game in hand which in turn will be 8 when they beat Sunderland and we kick off against Liverpool.

stevoc

A few points:

Don't see us repeating that? There are no signs to suggest we can win games consistently - that's my point.
My point is i don't see us being so bad again as to lose 3 in a row and not win in six. I hope our form will improve.

The injury crisis had some impact but not on a lot of the really poor results. The dropped points against Norwich, Bournemouth, Stoke, Chelsea or Newcastle had nothing to do with the players available.
Never said our poor run was all down to injuries.

Its going to take more than 2 games for me to have any belief in a resurgent Rooney so jury is out on that. Those 2 points will most likely be 5 after Spurs play their game in hand which in turn will be 8 when they beat Sunderland and we kick off against Liverpool.
Thats viewing our prospects from an ultra pessimistic point of view. Don't worry mate i've been there, i was like that during Moyes time here.

But we will see, if we miss out on the top 4 so be it. I doubt bringing in another manager at this stage is going to dramatically improve our chances especially if it's Giggs.

LonelyFire

My point is i don't see us being so bad again as to lose 3 in a row and not win in six. I hope our form will improve.

Never said our poor run was all down to injuries.

Thats viewing our prospects from an ultra pessimistic point of view. Don't worry mate i've been there, i was like that during Moyes time here.

But we will see, if we miss out on the top 4 so be it. I doubt bringing in another manager at this stage is going to dramatically improve our chances especially if it's Giggs.
I don't think its being pessimistic at all but see why you are saying that - all im thinking is its two games at home for Spurs. I fully expect they will take 6 points from that. Liverpool away is difficult enough nevermind kicking off knowing you will be 8 points off 4th place.

stevoc

I don't think its being pessimistic at all but see why you are saying that - all im thinking is its two games at home for Spurs. I fully expect they will take 6 points from that. Liverpool away is difficult enough nevermind kicking off knowing you will be 8 points off 4th place.
It's not certain though. Spurs aren't in amazing form themselves lets not forget. They have only won 4 games since the end of November. And drew their last two including one at home vs Leicester, who they play tonight again. After that it's a home game vs sunderland, probably a win there to be fair.

And then two tough away games vs Leicester again and Palace. So i don't see them picking up 12 points from that in my opinion. I think theres a few draws in there for spurs and maybe even a loss.

LonelyFire

It's not certain though. Spurs aren't in amazing form themselves lets not forget. They have only won 4 games since the end of November. And drew their last two including one at home vs Leicester, who they play tonight again. After that it's a home game vs sunderland, probably a win there to be fair.

And then two tough away games vs Leicester again and Palace. So i don't see them picking up 12 points from that in my opinion. I think theres a few draws in there for spurs and maybe even a loss.
Of course - that's possible. Just don't see any signs that we can take advantage of any slip up's. They are more consistent than us.

stevoc

Of course - that's possible. Just don't see any signs that we can take advantage of any slip up's. They are more consistent than us.
Well my optimism might be borne out of hope more than anything. I don't know i just think we will kick on a bit, Rooney has remembered how to play football and there are some signs there we are improving in an attacking sense.

If anything after the 6 weeks we endured before the Swansea game we can't get much worse lol.