I Now Have Nothing But Outright Contempt For Van Gaal And The Board

Rednotdead

That's what it's come to. Mild annoyance has turned to anger, then to disgust and finally nothing but contempt for Van Gaal and the Board.

Van Gaal is simply not up to the job. It's so painfully obvious that it's now embarrassing to have to listen to his ludicrous utterances. Nothing is getting better, only worse week by week. If the man had any dignity or self respect he'd resign, but clearly he hasn't.

The Board is doing its best Mr Micawber impression, bumbling around doing nothing in the hope that "never fear my dear, something will turn up". Well, it won't. Decisive action is needed NOW. Sack Van Gaal, put Giggs in charge until the end of the season then decide on a permanent appointment in the Summer.

Let's at least try, as both club and supporters, to regain some dignity and respect from this mess.

I love Manchester United but currently I hate everything about it.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
Agree. I watch matches out of obligation. I know what's gonna happen. Can't even watch other teams because I envy them so much.

Rednotdead

This really needed it's own thread.
Well, actually I thought it did. This is the first time I've felt like this after 58 years of supporting Utd. And that includes when we were relegated.

I wanted to know if others feel as strongly.

stepic

If this warrants a new thread then every member of this forum is entitled to their own personal rant thread. There's a reason why that isn't the case.

Rednotdead

If this warrants a new thread then every member of this forum is entitled to their own personal rant thread. There's a reason why that isn't the case.
Tough. It's a thread. If Admin want to delete it, so be it. Nobody's forcing you or anyone else to read or post.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Truly a disgrace. Even Nigel Farage would've kept us in Europe longer than Vangle.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Truly a disgrace. Even Nigel Farage would've kept us in Europe longer than Vangle.
:lol:

@Rednotdead - Quality rant. I would have liked to have seen this delivered in a thick mancunian accent on a Youtube Fan channel. But in all seriousness, it is very hard not to agree. I supported Van Gaal through most of his tenure because I genuinely believed we were seeing him build the foundations of a successful team. First by showing them a new way to play, secondly by building a solid defensive and ball retention structure; before finally unleashing a more attacking iteration of the model. Only the first two parts of this plan occurred, and there appears to be little or no intention to progress to the third.

Dour football, as one goes through a transition, is supportable if there is a clearly defined goal, and if results can be ground out when it matters. Neither of these two criteria have been met for a long time now; and some of the records we have set, such as no first half goal at OT for the last ten matches, are just unacceptable under any circumstances. This squad hasn't been built on a shoe-string, but whereas once LVG got credit for his faith in youth and ability to shift out considerable amounts of dead-wood, patience has run out over the regression of key performers and handling of key figures.

I'm really not a fan of moving managers on mid-season unless things are dire. Unfortunately that is the only objective appraisal I can make of our current state: dire. This conclusion is drawn on the proviso that we don't know what is going on behind the scenes, what the succession plan is, or any of the strategic intentions of the club. Yet, having recent historicity in exceptionally poor decision making, makes it hard to show any faith in the mysterious working of the executive management or owners.

Cliffs: Shoot the board, Sack Van Gaal, Sell Giggs.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I cannot judge the board because I don't know why Van Gaal hasn't been sacked. And I can guess no one here knows neither. You can understand the board not wanting to dump the rest of the season on Ryan Giggs of their preferred candidate cannot be gotten at the moment

Thats your own problem. Right now LVG is what we have and there is no better available option to us. Putting Giggs in charge for half a season in the hope he might be good would be ludicrous and i wish people would stop suggesting it.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Being honest i get more joy out of watching Ireland as i know the players are shit but the managers have got the best they can out of them, but united the players are up there with the best in the league and the manager hasn't even got half of what can be gotten out of them, both teams play dross but there is heart in the irish squad while Van Bluffer cant even be arsed to get off his arse during matches, if he doesn't show passion for the club why should the players.

Rednotdead

Thats your own problem. Right now LVG is what we have and there is no better available option to us. Putting Giggs in charge for half a season in the hope he might be good would be ludicrous and i wish people would stop suggesting it.
Nothing to do with Giggs, everything to do with not letting Van Gaal drag us down any further.

Winrar

only way the board is redeeming itself in my opinion is if we already agreed a deal with pep to take us over after this season but hasn't leaked that out to the media in order to not disrupt our players. but I highly doubt that that's what happened, given that the board has done nothing to make me confident in their decision making.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Well, actually I thought it did. This is the first time I've felt like this after 58 years of supporting Utd. And that includes when we were relegated.

I wanted to know if others feel as strongly.
After 50+ years as a supporter myself I feel nothing. As I sat through the latest debacle I realised I felt nothing for that team, the people in charge and even, sadly, for the fact that I wasn't at the match. OT is bored out of it's mind by the dullest United team in history and I can barely drag myself in front of a screen to watch them myself. They are everything football is not supposed to be right now.

But I don't feel contempt for LVG. I like him as an individual and would just like his retirement to start without delay.

pacifictheme

We're a businesss, not a football club. As long as we do well enough for the money to roll in lvg stays.

I genuinely wonder if the board really care about european and domestic success, as the amount that would cost us would potentially not make it financially worth it.

Gopher Brown

Sadly he will only be sacked when our reputation of plodding, boring football starts to impact on our commercial aspirations.

The views of the fans do not matter in the slightest. When our official dried milk powder partner for Djibouti decides we're not exciting enough to be the face of their brand, that's when he'll go.

McK@n

40 year old Virgin
While i watch united play every game out of pure obsession, its now getting to a point where my psychological health is getting worse. Usually the losses would ruin my day, the draws sometimes saves my day and the wins gets the missus happy. Now the fun, emotions and satisfaction is gone im just left with this boring crap. Its now just a bad relastionship waiting for a divorce to happen. That day will come sooner then later.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
After 50+ years as a supporter myself I feel nothing. As I sat through the latest debacle I realised I felt nothing for that team, the people in charge and even, sadly, for the fact that I wasn't at the match. OT is bored out of it's mind by the dullest United team in history and I can barely drag myself in front of a screen to watch them myself. They are everything football is not supposed to be right now.

But I don't feel contempt for LVG. I like him as an individual and would just like his retirement to start without delay.
My little lad was leaping about when we got the penalty and Rooney scored. I felt absolutely nothing. Unless the fans start shouting for the boards heads they will just sit on their hands. They will drag our club down together. I agree they should be letting LvG walk off into the sunset. Otherwise his past achievements will be forgotten.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
My little lad was leaping about when we got the penalty and Rooney scored. I felt absolutely nothing. Unless the fans start shouting for the boards heads they will just sit on their hands. They will drag our club down together. I agree they should be letting LvG walk off into the sunset. Otherwise his past achievements will be forgotten.
He was probably happy that his daddy couldn´t force him to watch the replay. :D

Butty19

I think if the rumours are true and he has tried to resign twice, then he knows himself it's not working.

Read on another forum that the board are split on who they want to replace him. Maybe that's what's causing the hold up in replacing him.

I agree with the OP, the club at the moment is a bit of a sham, both on and off the field and it's hard not to feel angry about it.

It feels like the football side of the club is being neglected for the commercial side. Aslong as the club has money pouring in then everything's ok. It almost feels like we're writing off this season.

RedRevongge

The thing I don't understand is why do people expect him to resign? Its ok to say "if he had any dignity he would resign" but he has a year and a half left on his contract. If the board want to sack him they would need to pay him millions. In my opinion he would be absolutely stupid to resign (from his own standpoint)

clarkydaz

I think if the rumours are true and he has tried to resign twice, then he knows himself it's not working.

Read on another forum that the board are split on who they want to replace him. Maybe that's what's causing the hold up in replacing him.

I agree with the OP, the club at the moment is a bit of a sham, both on and off the field and it's hard not to feel angry about it.

It feels like the football side of the club is being neglected for the commercial side. Aslong as the club has money pouring in then everything's ok. It almost feels like we're writing off this season.
LVG has spent plenty, people on the commercial side do their job well

Trizy

My guess is the board is worried about becoming a sacking club since we've prided ourselves in not being one. I think the only thing the board can be held for is the appointment of two terrible managers. One they took SAF's advice so it would seem and appointed Moyes who was a complete disaster! and the other being LVG was the only really ''proven'' (:rolleyes:) manager in the market in the summer.

The managers being poorly selected is one thing but the money spent and what we've got in return in completely shocking.

Moyes:
Mata - 38.5 million (luxury player, ya I said it..)
Fellaini - 28.5 million (Not worth 10m, complete shite)

LVG:
Herrera - overpaid
Shaw - worth every penny
Blind and Rojo - worth what was paid for them, squad players at best
Di Maria - Complete flop
Darmian - Average at best
Memphis - Shite
BSF - Fine, in decline.
Morgan - Fine

That's 3 transfer windows with over £300m spent on 11 players yet Shaw, Martial and Morgan are the only one's that are top level quality which leaves us with Shaw, Martial, Morgan, De Gea and Smalling as proper United starters. That's a shocking return. It's not just a new manager we need it's 6 new players, which is exactly what £300m could have bought you.

DomesticTadpole

I think they have forgotten that they get the sponsers because they were successful and people wanted to watch them. People stop watching because of the style and not winning, the sponsership deals will be harder to come by as fans might start deserting the club.

RedRevongge

My guess is the board is worried about becoming a sacking club since we've prided ourselves in not being one. I think the only thing the board can be held for is the appointment of two terrible managers. One they took SAF's advice so it would seem and appointed Moyes who was a complete disaster! and the other being LVG was the only really ''proven'' (:rolleyes:) manager in the market in the summer.

The managers being poorly selected is one thing but the money spent and what we've got in return in completely shocking.

Moyes:

LVG:
Herrera - overpaid
Shaw - worth every penny
Di Maria - Complete flop
Memphis - Shite
BSF - Fine, in decline.
Morgan - Fine

That's 3 transfer windows with over £300m spent on 11 players yet Shaw, Martial and Morgan are the only one's that are top level quality which leaves us with Shaw, Martial, Morgan, De Gea and Smalling as proper United starters. That's a shocking return. It's not just a new manager we need it's 6 new players.
You didn't include martial in the list..

Or Falcao

Butty19

LVG has spent plenty, people on the commercial side do their job well
Yeah I'm not saying it's being neglected in terms of finances. I meant in terms of making a swift decision to try and get our season back on track. If the club weren't as successful making money off the field would he have been sacked when we got dumped out of the champions league?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He's clearly up to the job and this didn't need its own thread. He's managed to turn things around when they were at their bleakest.

The board made the right call. We need to stop being ungrateful. If you don't enjoy watching, go support another team... especially if results are going our way.

DomesticTadpole

Moyes:

LVG:
Herrera - overpaid
Shaw - worth every penny
Di Maria - Complete flop
Memphis - Shite
BSF - Fine, in decline.
Morgan - Fine

That's 3 transfer windows with over £300m spent on 11 players yet Shaw, Martial and Morgan are the only one's that are top level quality which leaves us with Shaw, Martial, Morgan, De Gea and Smalling as proper United starters. That's a shocking return. It's not just a new manager we need it's 6 new players, which is exactly what £300m could have bought you.
I think we would have still signed Herrera, just unfortunate that he had a buyout clause. Risk you take with Spanish players, especially Bilbao players. United will always overpay for players. Fellaini was ridiculous. Mata as you say was a panic buy to save face. Shaw is well worth it. We have been taken to the cleaners on others.

Adisa

My Dad thought I was watching a replay because I didn't show even a modicum of emotion. I just wanted it to end.

Adisa

The OP fails to acknowledge that the board might not have any faith in Giggs to improve us before the end of the season. And also a suitable candidate might not be available now. If that's the case, the board is right not to act in haste.

hubbuh

The OP fails to acknowledge that the board might not have any faith in Giggs to improve us before the end of the season. And also a suitable candidate might not be available now. If that's the case, the board is right not to act in haste.
That is what keeps me clinging to the Guardiola pipe dream... Mourinho is available now so they MUST be waiting for a certain special Spanish someone.

Glory Glory Denis Irwin

Glory Glory Denis Irwin
The really sad thing about all this is that the match-going fans now expect it. We go to the ground knowing that we're going to be bored to tears and struggle against every team we play. You come home after games like yesterday and just feel like you've wasted half your Saturday. I don't think I've ever felt like that before LVG took over.