g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

ICC T20 World Cup 2021

Trequarista10

Now that the football has finished for the season, it's perfect timing to enjoy the cricket.

Who have England got next?

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Stopped watching United games of late. Great call for my mental health, just saw the score.

Was hoping India would provide respite, but I think Pak got this as well. Not a good day as a sports fan. :lol:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Not seen Varun bowl before, reminds me a bit of Mendis with that action & speed.

These 2 got to be careful not to let the RR climb too much.

AshRK

Well played Pakistan. Best part about this loss for India is no more of that stupid mauka mauka ad.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Pandya didn't offer anything with the bat. And didn't bowl a single ball. He was a decent option with his slow off cutters, but with his injury he's just another Yousuf Pathan. We need Ishan Kishan back in the lineup. Or Ashwin.

ha_rooney

Finally beaten India in a WC!!

Superb from Babar & Rizwan.

AshRK

Ok the match was over but why would you not give Bumrah the 18th over and make something off the match. Kohli's captaincy sometimes is beyond joke.

Well done Pak. You deserve it. Well played.

ha_rooney

Superb from Pakistan. If we’re going to have a good tournament then this game is essentially how we need to play it with Shaheen getting early wickets, spinners keeping things tight & then Babar/Rizwan doing their thing with the bat. Couldn’t have gone any better.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Fair play to Pakistan. Never quite seen them like this. Utterly professional from start to end. Tight fielding, good bowling as usual, no panic in the batting and timing the chase perfectly. Looks like they have a great support staff as well. They will take some beating this tournament especially since they know these venues in side out. I blame NZ and Eng for pumping them up even more. Twats

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Beautiful, emphatic win.

ha_rooney

Good to see Dhoni with the Pakistan players at the end.

Wish they’d play games outside the ICC tournaments.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Coming to India. It just goes back to squad selection compounded even further by the playing 11. Bhuvi has been terribly out of form, should not be in the squad. Shami is average T20 bowler at best. Siraj is better bowler than both possibly in all formats now. Hardik as a batsman can work if he is in WC form like he was in Australia but he is not so it is a big gamble to have him in the squad. I am pretty sure Rahul Chahar is not going play any meaningful match this tournament so no point taking him over Chahal.

Then with batting we have spun ourselves quite a web. The top 4 batsmen are all of the same vein, all right handers who want to play in top 3 and play similar kind of tempo (except SKY who can go from ball 1). Just bizarre situation given the depth of our batting talent.

We will still win most games but lose a lot of close ones like this with this kind of mindless selections.

space

Yay Pakistan!!! at least one good thing today, what a performance holy shit

Cloud7

United game has completely and utterly killed my mood for this. What the actual feck.
What a weekend it's been for a West Indies and United fan. Not even sure which is worse. I didn't think Windies yesterday could be matched today but wow :lol:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
That was such a shocking performance by India though almost bordering on overconfidence & arrogance really . I understand that Shaheen is terrific but they looked completely unprepared for him. Kohli basically decided in his mind after the early wickets that he wanted 150 and just played for that . He was trying to push the ball for 1-2 in the 18th over . Then the bowling was even worse with the seamers being hell bent on bowling on the pads for some reason . This was a carbon copy of a performance that I have seen in this match before but it’s always been Pakistan playing like that

zing

Zingle balls
Coming to India. It just goes back to squad selection compounded even further by the playing 11. Bhuvi has been terribly out of form, should not be in the squad. Shami is average T20 bowler at best. Siraj is better bowler than both possibly in all formats now. Hardik as a batsman can work if he is in WC form like he was in Australia but he is not so it is a big gamble to have him in the squad. I am pretty sure Rahul Chahar is not going play any meaningful match this tournament so no point taking him over Chahal.

Then with batting we have spun ourselves quite a web. The top 4 batsmen are all of the same vein, all right handers who want to play in top 3 and play similar kind of tempo (except SKY who can go from ball 1). Just bizarre situation given the depth of our batting talent.

We will still win most games but lose a lot of close ones like this with this kind of mindless selections.
Real problems. Tactically we are too rigid. Hope we don't get knocked out next week.

AGree with you on Bhuvi, Shami. Also don't understand why we pick so many spinners in the squad if the idea is to play 3 seamers in the 11.

Shardhul is a middle overs hit-me-for-some-wickets bowler, he's not the guy you turn to now if Bhuvi and Shami continue bowling like that.

Siraj would be a better option as you said, but he's not even in 3 backup players outside the 15. The player we have there is Deepak Chahar who is also woefully out of form.

It is still a good team, but I think we are too rigid; and should've made some changes after the IPL seeing how everyone went.

Cloud7

Live scenes of me right now. This team is definitely past their sell by date, but I'm still hoping to get a little joy in some of the matches. Realistically the only way from here should be up. Every one of the batsmen can't fail again in the next match. I hope.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Bit concerned no one has won batting first yet.

Fahad Jawaid

I had both matches on (India vs Pak & Utd match), and being a Pakistani it was at least some solace to watch Pakistan win finally against India in the world cup. I feel sorry for my Indian Utd fans truly today.

Moby

Dick
I had both matches on (India vs Pak & Utd match), and being a Pakistani it was at least some solace to watch Pakistan win finally against India in the world cup. I feel sorry for my Indian Utd fans truly today.
The cricket match wasn't as bad given the rivalry has died down pretty much. This result 15/20 years ago would have ended in some ugly scenes out in the streets here. You guys deserved it and the streak was gonna end someday.

AshRK

I think media and some fans overhype this India Pakistan rivalry. Pakistan deserved it and played a better cricket. India should be fine, they should bounce back but as far United goes, well I am in the cusp of giving up with this board.

LoneStar

Bit concerned no one has won batting first yet.
Even in the IPL, some matches are pretty much decided or at least heavily lean towards a team thanks to the toss. Seems unfair. Wonder if there is some other way to decide who goes first.