ICC T20 World Cup 2021

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Real problems. Tactically we are too rigid. Hope we don't get knocked out next week.

AGree with you on Bhuvi, Shami. Also don't understand why we pick so many spinners in the squad if the idea is to play 3 seamers in the 11.

Shardhul is a middle overs hit-me-for-some-wickets bowler, he's not the guy you turn to now if Bhuvi and Shami continue bowling like that.

Siraj would be a better option as you said, but he's not even in 3 backup players outside the 15. The player we have there is Deepak Chahar who is also woefully out of form.

It is still a good team, but I think we are too rigid; and should've made some changes after the IPL seeing how everyone went.
Don't forget that Shardul was not in the OG squad, Axar was. Our initial squad only had three pacers, ones who played this match. Just ponder as to how mind bogglingly stupid that was. To pick just 3 pacers in a squad when in a lot of games you will play 3 seamers. Giving yourself zero options.

Agree on Shardul, he is not winning us any matches but I think he will definitely play in place of Bhuvi now who looks absolutely out of sorts.

Our team is still very good of course on the basis of sheer talent alone but we keep bungling team selections before gig tournaments. First Kohli wanted to open and then after IPL reversed coursed due to Rahul's form. Iyer was at one point backed for no.5 spot and did well in England series but then not picked in the squad. We have gotten hung up on too many individual players. If Hardik can't bowl, I won't have him in the squad, full stop. Tell Rahul to play the destroyer role up top or not have him in the final 11.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Don't forget that Shardul was not in the OG squad, Axar was. Our initial squad only had three pacers, ones who played this match. Just ponder as to how mind bogglingly stupid that was. To pick just 3 pacers in a squad when in a lot of games you will play 3 seamers. Giving yourself zero options.

Agree on Shardul, he is not winning us any matches but I think he will definitely play in place of Bhuvi now who looks absolutely out of sorts.

Our team is still very good of course on the basis of sheer talent alone but we keep bungling team selections before gig tournaments. First Kohli wanted to open and then after IPL reversed coursed due to Rahul's form. Iyer was at one point backed for no.5 spot and did well in England series but then not picked in the squad. We have gotten hung up on too many individual players. If Hardik can't bowl, I won't have him in the squad, full stop. Tell Rahul to play the destroyer role up top or not have him in the final 11.

Issue is that even though India always talks about World Cup but they don’t really do any actual planning . They still win a lot because of the talent but overall in the last 2 years for example they have had no set plans . Kohli & Ishan opened last series vs England . Chahal was number one bowler for ages but not even in the squad now . Like you said about the seamer selection there is no real thought process

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
India have been very arrogant going into tournaments in recent years, thinking they can just beat teams on the simple basis of having better players. These days teams are so meticulous in their process and planning and I get the feeling india lack in that area.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Bit concerned no one has won batting first yet.
Yeah it is, even in the one sided game between the Windies and England, I’m not 100% sure the latter would have won if they had batted first.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
India have been very arrogant going into tournaments in recent years, thinking they can just beat teams on the simple basis of having better players. These days teams are so meticulous in their process and planning and I get the feeling india lack in that area.
always lovely to see them get smashed

zing

Zingle balls

India reminds me of the England conundrum in 2000s trying to fit in Gerard, Lampard and Scholes into one lineup. Not the only analogy you can draw with that England team either.

In batting, once you pick 3 players who play only one way, the other 3 are forced to sacrifice and play only one way. In the final stats it won’t show up if you’re looking at just averages but I suspect 3 of our batsmen are affecting the game of 3 others.

zing

Zingle balls
Shouldn’t forget that what we saw of Pakistan look very good. That’s the most professional I’ve seen them look. Babar looks a very calm presence and that’s probably the one element they were always missing.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It's like they've never seen a ball spin before.
I went to watch Scotland play cricket in Arbroath once and it was probably the worst sporting event I’ve ever had the pleasure of watching. Wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case.

Dudu

I mean.. this is Rashid Khan and Mujeeb we're talking about.

World class.

crappycraperson

Scout
Quinton de Kock is out! Bavuma: "He's made himself unavailable for personal reasons."

Hmmmmmm

MDFC Manager

Not a good lock for Nortje and Klassen given SA history on racism

Speculation it is do with this -

1.40pm Some breaking news, Cricket South Africa has issued a directive that the South Africa team must collectively take a knee pre-game. This came after Quinton de Kock did not in game one against Australia. Now he has withdrawn from the team.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...mens-team-to-collectively-take-a-knee-1285251
Crazy.

crappycraperson

Scout
De kock has not covered himself in glory here. Whatever the current context in SA politics after end of Apartheid, BLM is as relevant for them much more than a lot of other countries.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
6-0 after 3 overs. I'm all for building yourself into a game but!?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
He's faced over 5 overs for 14 runs with no boundaries - crikey.
I guess the view is that he's in the side to add a bit of balance alongside the big hitters but honestly he's 36 and his record is very average. I could be wrong but I find it hard to believe there aren't better options.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
A very stop/start effort from the Windies. Never really looked in control.

Looks a 160+ wicket but the SA batting line up is pretty weak.