ICC T20 World Cup 2021

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Apart from England vs Saffers I can’t think of one match this tournament between two of the top teams that has been batting first

gorky_utd

Pakistan played pretty well unlike our superstar indian team. I think Australia will win the final.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
That dropped catch changed it. Huge moment and cost us the game.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
What is he basing the 'favourites' tag on? Because Pakistan weren't even fancied to progress never mind win it.

I think you misunderstood Atherton or my post, bro. India were the favourites and they did not win the tournament. No favourite team going into the WC T20 has ever thetournament.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I think you misunderstood Atherton or my post, bro. India were the favourites and they did not win the tournament. No favourite team going into the WC T20 has ever thetournament.
Alright, thought he said it based on the result today. He could've said that a couple of weeks ago because India were never really in the tournament!

Sylar

Australia are just clutch. Batting second helped for sure but still...

NK86

Batting second aspect is overrated.

Aussies were just ruthless. I don't see much other teams playing those scoops to Shaheen either.
It's really not overrated. It is a massive advantage in this world cup.

zing

Zingle balls
A very slight advantage. We hardly saw any towels out today or agains the Kiwis and in both games teams bowled some crap deliveries.
Agree. Not seeing the argument. If it was so much better, why would the teams be behind the game for 16 overs?

It’s markedly different conditions from some of the earlier games where there was dew.

Even earlier on, a lot of teams lost the toss and batted poorly in the first dig. Like India getting out for 110 vs nz is nothing to do with the toss. That was just shit batting and then we blamed the toss. You aren’t going to defend 110, dew or no dew.

iKnowNothing

Aussies in world cups are like Real Madrid in CL under Zidane. No matter how they play through the tournament, they’ll somehow end up winning the final.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
There’s been so much hilarious stuff written about the Aussies & the World Cup in this thread. How come they have never won the t20 World Cup if they are so good in ICC events. Heck they haven’t even made the final in 10 years. They got bullied in the semifinal of the last 50 over wc and they have won one icc tournament out of the last 10. Spare me the Aussies are different gravy crap

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
At this point it’s genuinely bizarre to argue that batting second isn’t a massive advantage. If you look at matches between India,Nz & Pak and then matches between Aus,Eng,Saf & WI in the other group plus the semifinals 10 out of 11 have been won chasing. You can’t possibly just believe that it’s because the better team is chasing all the time

NK86

A very slight advantage. We hardly saw any towels out today or agains the Kiwis and in both games teams bowled some crap deliveries.
The results in the big matches is proof enough, right. Even the pitches play better second half.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Watching the replay and Warner's miss did sound like an edge.

Reckon that bat's handle is not the best so might need to relegate it to being a net bat

Spoony

The People's President
At this point it’s genuinely bizarre to argue that batting second isn’t a massive advantage. If you look at matches between India,Nz & Pak and then matches between Aus,Eng,Saf & WI in the other group plus the semifinals 10 out of 11 have been won chasing. You can’t possibly just believe that it’s because the better team is chasing all the time

Yes. But teams getting steam rolled after batting first up, isn't down to the toss. There is an advantage but you still have to put up a score then play flawlessly. The margins are so fine.

Sylar

Batting second aspect is overrated.

Aussies were just ruthless. I don't see much other teams playing those scoops to Shaheen either.
It's like going first in penalties

So far this world Cup, there is an advantage. Pakistan for example had so many wickets left but would have sacrificed a few to get more runs if they were chasing

I think even a slight advantage which you have now conceded is still an advantage when two big teams go at it.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
It's like going first in penalties

So far this world Cup, there is an advantage. Pakistan for example had so many wickets left but would have sacrificed a few to get more runs if they were chasing

I think even a slight advantage which you have now conceded is still an advantage when two big teams go at it.
A slight advantage is all you need for evenly matched sides. It is a game of fine margins.
I concede there is a slight advantage but some are posting its a sure conclusion that the chasing team will win. Simply not the case. The three balls Shaheen went for that cost him 3 sixes had not much to do with the dew. Same case for India vs NZ and Pakistan.

In fact, I would say Australia didn't even have the slight advantage vs Pakistan you hardly saw a towel out there

GeorgieBoy

fecking Aussies have won the toss and by default the World Cup. Yawn.

p.s I'll still watch mind.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Sky are such hypocrites. Love talking about carbon neutrality but have flown out Key, Ward and Curren just for the final :houllier:

Djemba-Djemba

Aussies win the toss and thus will win the trophy.

The one time Finch lost the toss they got absolutely slaughtered by England.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
NZ started well but poor end to the PP. Zampa yet to bowl too.

Skills

Snitch
I'd bowl out Hazlewood here. They can't get him away and are looking desperate