ICC T20 World Cup

zing

Zingle balls
Always a good tournament to watch. Starts in a week's time with phase 1, which involves the associates + Bangladesh fighting it out to qualify for the main tournament, phase 2.

The groups for phase 2 are:
Group 1:
South Africa
Sri Lanka
New Zealand
England
Qualifier nation from phase 1

Group 2:
Australia
India
Pakistan
WI

Top 2 teams from each group qualify to the semis. Should be plenty of good matches.

In phase 1, Afghanistan are in the same group as Bangladesh, so that ought to be interesting.

Phase 1 kicks off on March 16 with Bangladesh vs Afghanistan.
Phase 2 on March 21 with India vs Pakistan.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Rahane
Dhoni
Jadeja
Ashwin
Mishra
Kumar
Shami

is our best XI.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Not a bad game to start Phase 2.

Always difficult to predict tournaments, especially T20 but I reckon Sri Lanka or Australia will win this.

MJJ

Always a good tournament to watch. Starts in a week's time with phase 1, which involves the associates + Bangladesh fighting it out to qualify for the main tournament, phase 2.

The groups for phase 2 are:
Group 1:
South Africa
Sri Lanka
New Zealand
England

Group 2:
Australia
India
Pakistan
WI

Top 2 teams from each group qualify to the semis. Should be plenty of good matches.

In phase 1, Afghanistan are in the same group as Bangladesh, so that ought to be interesting.

Phase 1 kicks off on March 16 with Bangladesh vs Afghanistan.
Phase 2 on March 21 with India vs Pakistan.
:drool:

Hope afghanistan qualifies as well.

zing

Zingle balls
Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Rahane
Dhoni
Jadeja
Ashwin
Mishra
Kumar
Shami

is our best XI.
You've got only 10 players in there.

I'd swap Rohit and Rahane around. Rohit even when he was terribly shite for India, always did well in T20s in the middle order and that's where he does best for Mumbai.

My 11 would be: Rahane, Dhawan, Raina, Kohli, Rohit, Dhoni, Jadeja, Ashwin, Mishra, Shami, Mohit Sharma

Damn, that's a cracking side on paper.

KM

You've got only 10 players in there.

I'd swap Rohit and Rahane around. Rohit even when he was terribly shite for India, always did well in T20s in the middle order and that's where he does best for Mumbai.

My 11 would be: Rahane, Dhawan, Raina, Kohli, Rohit, Dhoni, Jadeja, Ashwin, Mishra, Shami, Mohit Sharma

Damn, that's a cracking side on paper.
Oops. Then add Yuvi in there, there's no way he isn't gonna play. Think we will win this one. I thought we bowled well in Asia Cup and batted averagely. I know I've been banging this drum for a long time but they fecking waste Jadeja's batting in ODI's.

zing

Zingle balls
Oops. Then add Yuvi in there, there's no way he isn't gonna play. Think we will win this one. I thought we bowled well in Asia Cup and batted averagely. I know I've been banging this drum for a long time but they fecking waste Jadeja's batting in ODI's.
I think we've got a good shot at this with the right 11, but if you look at some of the other teams' 11s, you'll see a lot of them have cracking sides.

zing

Zingle balls
That group.... arguably the 4 best teams in the tournament are all in there.
I think Pakistan don't have enough runs in their team for a T20 competition on flat tracks.

WI last time had almost the same team, but Samuels was in top form. He's not these days and I think thatll hurt them because I don't see anyone in that lineup who others can play around. They have 2 good T20 sspinners, though.

I think Sri Lanka are top class, and SA almost top class with the right tactics -- but SA never do tactics right.

Last edited:

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Pak's bowling is always their strength. But yeah they will need some one like Hafeez or Akmal to have a big tournament.

Windies still have match winners who can turn the game. You only need couple of guys to win you T20s.

Sri Lanka are certainly the on form team.

I like this format BTW, wish WC had a similar one. Infact I have always wanted a straight 10 team table with 4 going to semis for WC. 48 matches in all, could be done in a month.

Skills

Snitch
No team has won the 20/20 World Cup twice so far.

2009 World Cup in England, England wins in 2010 in West Indies who then win it in Sri Lanka in 2012. The gods of weird sporting coincidences have got Sri Lanka winning this.

zing

Zingle balls
Samuels turned in a MOTM performance yesterday and WI look like they've found a settled side already.

NinjaFletch

I think that's a liiiitle generous.

England were awful with the ball and then even worse with the bat.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Problem in group 2 is that now Bangladesh have all but qualified (have to beat Hong Kong in last match) in home conditions and with very crazy local support, I expect them to win 2 matches , which will throw group into further disarray

zing

Zingle balls
Problem in group 2 is that now Bangladesh have all but qualified (have to beat Hong Kong in last match) in home conditions and with very crazy local support, I expect them to win 2 matches , which will throw group into further disarray
I hope they get their ass handed to them. They are crap when playing any of the established teams and act like playground bullies when playing the associates. Shakib seems like a complete prick.

MJJ

I hope they get their ass handed to them. They are crap when playing any of the established teams and act like playground bullies when playing the associates. Shakib seems like a complete prick.
Their whole team annoys me. No sportsmanship at all.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I think India's bowling is too suspect and uinimaginative towards the end. That is a consistent weakness, and we'll get found out because of that. It really says it all when your all-rounder is your only dependable bowling option on any track.

Our batting line-up looks awesome, though.

zing

Zingle balls
think the difference between 3 and 4 is almost non-existent in T20s. Raina's done very well at 3 for India in the past. So no reason to shift him.

I'm not very impressed with Mishra.. I'm very unimpressed with the rest of our bowlers though. So he gets in.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
think the difference between 3 and 4 is almost non-existent in T20s. Raina's done very well at 3 for India in the past. So no reason to shift him.

I'm not very impressed with Mishra.. I'm very unimpressed with the rest of our bowlers though. So he gets in.
Well, Yuvi is a decent bowler, too. Why not him then?

Rahane, Dhawan, Raina, Kohli, Yuvi, Rohit, Dhoni, Jadeja, Ashwin, Shami, Mohit Sharma

zing

Zingle balls
Mishra's much better than Yuvraj. Yuvraj hasn't even bowled since his comeback, I think.

Plus, Mishra is a right arm leggie. Yuvraj is similar to Jadeja.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Yuvraj gone for 1. England looking good with India at 39-3. We'll find a way to feck it up though.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
...and as sure as night follows day, we now look like we'll be on the receiving end of a hammering. Classic England!

I'm just glad Bangladesh won't be in our group for the competition proper. We could get properly embarrassed. Having said that, Ireland could do just the same.

KM

Incredible by Holland so far.

KM

This has been fecking awesome.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
What's happening?

Do they need to score it in 14.2 overs to qualify?

KM

They've fecking done it!

WOW!