ICC T20 World Cup

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Well I do rate them, I think there's a lot of talented individuals in there, but I don't think they've had a great tournament as a collective team and have been somewhat carried by having the form batsman of the competition there.

So probably the only two times I've spoken about them was in the context of them getting beat in the Semi's and the Final, one which they lost and the other which they won.
What?

That's nonsense. It seems like you watched the Semis and Final and then went to make a judgement on the basis of them.

Ashwin

Snake charmer in the land of RattleSnakes.
Great bowling by Sri Lanka so credit to them but Yuvraj's innings cost India the match. Yes, he's won many games earlier but he should get most of the blame for yesterday.

Pelting stones at his house is stupid though. Absolutely disgusting behavior, if true.

NinjaFletch

What?

That's nonsense. It seems like you watched the Semis and Final and then went to make a judgement on the basis of them.
Is it though?

Whose had a good tournament apart from Kohli? Sharma opening has been good, Dohni's captaincy has been good, I guess Rahane has been ok and I don't really rate the bowling, apart from Ashwin and, to an extent, Mohit Sharma.

Can I put this into context though? I'm not trying to say you weren't deserved finalists, I thought you would lose against SA but was proved wrong, but I just think SL are the better side and have done throughout.

Last edited:

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Team selection needs to share the blame as well. Yuvraj was clearly out of form before the tournament and should have been not been int he 15 man squad. A world cup is not a place to send a player to regain his form, we have IPL coming up for that anyway. His confidence was absolutely shot going into the tournament and will be non existent now.

kotha

I think that will be the end of Yuvraj in the Indian team.. Shouldn't have taken him to the world cup in the first place.. Like neelu said the Ipl would have given him a confidence boost..

Hope the story about stoning his house is false,thought we had moved on from such acts having tasted a lot of success in recent times..

zing

Zingle balls
Is it though?

Whose had a good tournament apart from Kohli? Sharma opening has been good, Dohni's captaincy has been good, I guess Rahane has been ok and I don't really rate the bowling, apart from Ashwin and, to an extent, Mohit Sharma.

Can I put this into context though? I'm not trying to say you weren't deserved finalists, I thought you would lose against SA but was proved wrong, but I just think SL are the better side and have done throughout.
How have SL been the better side?

They got out of the worse group by beating NZ & SA who were both pretty ordinary and they lost to England, who were again ordinary. Then they got past the semi-final on duckworth/lewis which kicked in just before crunch time.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
To be honest I had my doubts about our batting. Kohli and Sharma were doing well but beyond that there's nothing much. Rahane made a 30, Yuvraj had one good knock amidst a sea of shit, Raina is hit and miss, Jadeja inconsistent and Dhoni's barely done anything in T20's.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Kumar Sangakkara, what a man, what a player. Deserved send off to him. Losing to SL is hardly a disgrace, but I see the point about Yuvraj's innings spoiling it for India.

Varun

Staff
To be honest I had my doubts about our batting. Kohli and Sharma were doing well but beyond that there's nothing much. Rahane made a 30, Yuvraj had one good knock amidst a sea of shit, Raina is hit and miss, Jadeja inconsistent and Dhoni's barely done anything in T20's.
All we needed was for someone to support Kohli mate. Its not as if Yuvi failed to deliver a heroic knock. Even a 25ish from the 21 balls he faced combined with rotating the strike to give the man on form the chance to face deliveries would have seen us get atleast 35 more runs.

NinjaFletch

How have SL been the better side?

They got out of the worse group by beating NZ & SA who were both pretty ordinary and they lost to England, who were again ordinary. Then they got past the semi-final on duckworth/lewis which kicked in just before crunch time.
I don't think they've necessarily been the better side this tournament, just the better side in these conditions which I've said since the start.

They're ranked #1 in the world and have got class in their batting and bowling.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I don't think they've necessarily been the better side this tournament, just the better side in these conditions which I've said since the start.

They're ranked #1 in the world and have got class in their batting and bowling.
I don't know why you keep bringing up conditions argument. Conditions in Bangladesh suits India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka in equal measure. India were easily the best team in the tournament right trough to the final. If anything they were so good they hardly needed to break sweat.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
All we needed was for someone to support Kohli mate. Its not as if Yuvi failed to deliver a heroic knock. Even a 25ish from the 21 balls he faced combined with rotating the strike to give the man on form the chance to face deliveries would have seen us get atleast 35 more runs.
oh I agree with that. I am not even sure how anyone can have a strike rate of 50 in the slog overs of a T20 match.

NinjaFletch

I don't know why you keep bringing up conditions argument. Conditions in Bangladesh suits India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka in equal measure. India were easily the best team in the tournament right trough to the final. If anything they were so good they hardly needed to break sweat.
Nah, it's not an explicit reference to India.

Just that, I might fancy South Africa, for example (although not really), to win it on fast, seaming pitches but where it was played I always felt like Sri Lanka had the best make up, not that conditions suited them better than India or Pakistan.