ICC T20 World Cup

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Hmm, maybe too late for Mohit Sharma now.

Varun

Staff
Should have taken it once he got there. Mishra has been poor the last 2 overs.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Can't fault the bowlers here.
We were 20 runs short here. It's a belting pitch.

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
We lost this in 17th over of our innings.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Well done Sri Lanka, about time they won a tournament.

Superb knock Sangakarra, great player.

Skills

Snitch
Deserved loss for India after that total. Gutted it's Sri Lanka who have won. Would've preferred anyone else tbh.

MDFC Manager

Shame :( Deserved win for Sri Lanka though especially after that match winning innings from Yuvraj for them.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Written in the stars!

Great farewell for Kumar, Jayawardena. Absolutely superb cricketers.

Although I'm an Indian fan, I don't mind these guys, and the nation having some deserved glory.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Written in the stars!

Great farewell for Kumar, Jayawardena. Absolutely superb cricketers.

Although I'm an Indian fan, I don't mind these guys, and the nation having some deserved glory.
Well put.

We were all once the same nation anyway :p

Bestie07

That was possibly the worst ever innings in a major final. Credits to Sri Lanka, they were very good and if I had to chose a team apart from India to win the thing, it would be them. Plus it's good to see Jayawardene and Sangakkara winning a major tournament. Their careers would have remained incomplete without it.

NinjaFletch

I can't remember how early I backed them, but Sri Lanka were always big favourites in these conditions in my eyes.

I don't particularly think India have been that good in this tournament, been carried by Kohli and decent but not exceptional bowling.

zing

Zingle balls
I can't remember how early I backed them, but Sri Lanka were always big favourites in these conditions in my eyes.

I don't particularly think India have been that good in this tournament, been carried by Kohli and decent but not exceptional bowling.
that's just wrong. They didn't need any other batsman to come to the fore because we were chasing 120-130 regularly. Raina played well when required to and Dhoni faced 40 balls all tournament and Jadeja 0. Rohit did alright and Rahane's played well.

Bowling was not great, but easily good enough.

If anything, India would beat Sri Lanka more times than not, but Sri Lanka were better today.

NinjaFletch

that's just wrong. They didn't need any other batsman to come to the fore because we were chasing 120-130 regularly. Raina played well when required to and Dhoni faced 40 balls all tournament and Jadeja 0. Rohit did alright and Rahane's played well.

Bowling was not great, but easily good enough.

If anything, India would beat Sri Lanka more times than not, but Sri Lanka were better today.
I didn't expect people to agree with me, but I've always fancied Sri Lanka to win it. They just have the best balance of batting and bowling in these conditions for me.

As for India, yeah I know its because Kohli's been so good that others have barely got a hit, but I haven't been impressed with anyone else really, even against South Africa which was a comfortable win there was an over where Raina scored 14 off the edge in 3 balls that was the decisive point in the game, I'm not sure chases going to the last over against relatively low totals has been particularly by design, either.

Skills

Snitch
No team has won the 20/20 World Cup twice so far.

2009 World Cup in England, England wins in 2010 in West Indies who then win it in Sri Lanka in 2012. The gods of weird sporting coincidences have got Sri Lanka winning this.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I didn't expect people to agree with me, but I've always fancied Sri Lanka to win it. They just have the best balance of batting and bowling in these conditions for me.

As for India, yeah I know its because Kohli's been so good that others have barely got a hit, but I haven't been impressed with anyone else really, even against South Africa which was a comfortable win there was an over where Raina scored 14 off the edge in 3 balls that was the decisive point in the game, I'm not sure chases going to the last over against relatively low totals has been particularly by design, either.
That always happens. SRL got about 5-6 boundaries of edges as well

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Think this will be the end of Yuvi in India team now. Tough to see him get a spot back again. We were 30 runs short here. Last 4 overs - 19 runs. Don't even know how to describe that. No matter how good the bowling, that is not acceptable. Two good overs and we panicked completely.

OB

Very poor innings from Yuvraj. Not only did he waste balls, in doing that, Kohli hardly got strike. We should have batted better in the last few overs. Under a run a ball is unacceptable. Personally, i would have preferred Shami and Dhawan to play.
I still feel had India been chasing, they would have successful.

Bestie07

Very poor innings from Yuvraj. Not only did he waste balls, in doing that, Kohli hardly got strike. We should have batted better in the last few overs. Under a run a ball is unacceptable. Personally, i would have preferred Shami and Dhawan to play.
I still feel had India been chasing, they would have successful.
Yuvraj would have batted even then and no guarantees that he would have batted any differently. It was just a very bad tournament for him, no way he should have choked like he did. We fell short be some 20-30 runs and the blame lies at his feet. He has won us 2 World Cups though so I am willing to let this one go.

Bestie07

You don't rate the Indian team at all, do you? :lol:

Everytime you talk about them, it's always something negative. We were very good in this tournament. West Indies and Pakistan are good teams who are suited to playing in these conditions and we beat them comfortably. We beat the Saffers as well quite comfortably in the end. And our bowling has been rather good throughout.

OB

Yuvraj would have batted even then and no guarantees that he would have batted any differently. It was just a very bad tournament for him, no way he should have choked like he did. We fell short be some 20-30 runs and the blame lies at his feet. He has won us 2 World Cups though so I am willing to let this one go.
For me, Yuvraj never really looked like himself anytime. He was struggling the whole tournament. It would have been alright getting out on a zero or something, but then this innings was real bad. If he was not comfortable and was finding it difficult, he should have just gone for it wildly in the 17th over vs Senanayake. Anyway the last two overs were very well bowled by SriLanka, although i feel we should have done better.
We are just so much better chasing targets i feel.

Skills

Snitch
I remembered your post and was mentioning this to my friend who I was watching with and I started "2007 WC in SA, India won and then.. er"
:lol: SA are always a bit of an anomaly, but it's definitely on for Bangladesh in a couple of years!

On another note, who's idea was it to have 3 consecutive World T20s in the subcontinent? Should've split it up a bit more.

zing

Zingle balls
:lol: SA are always a bit of an anomaly, but it's definitely on for Bangladesh in a couple of years!

On another note, who's idea was it to have 3 consecutive World T20s in the subcontinent? Should've split it up a bit more.
From the time I saw the way the tournament host countries have been awarded, I have thought that it's the BCCI's hand at play, maximizing India's chances of winning. India winning a T20 WC again would give the IPL a more concrete platform.

NinjaFletch

You don't rate the Indian team at all, do you? :lol:

Everytime you talk about them, it's always something negative. We were very good in this tournament. West Indies and Pakistan are good teams who are suited to playing in these conditions and we beat them comfortably. We beat the Saffers as well quite comfortably in the end. And our bowling has been rather good throughout.
Well I do rate them, I think there's a lot of talented individuals in there, but I don't think they've had a great tournament as a collective team and have been somewhat carried by having the form batsman of the competition there.

So probably the only two times I've spoken about them was in the context of them getting beat in the Semi's and the Final, one which they lost and the other which they won.

NinjaFletch

I've just seen Steyn's economy rate for the tournament, a Dernbach esque 17.98.

Wow

Interval

Level
I hope they gave Yuvraj MOTM. Talk about bottling it.

I think its about time Rohit Sharma gets moved to 4. It just suits him better.