IDF attacking the activists' boats

Neutral

BTV
The brave sons and daughters of Israel have once again saved countless lives, and acted swiftly and with great professionalism to stop what was potentially a huge terrorist shipment off its waters.

Boats supposedly carrying medical supplies, more likely IEDs, Machine guns, Grenades, to the tune of 10000 Tonnes were heading to Gaza, where they would help to replenish the dwindling supply of Hamas.

The IDF in all fairness, warned these terrorist enablers, to not come anywhere near Gaza, and instead to head to an Israeli port, where things could be sorted, the enablers obviously ignored that warning.

So with great regret and a heavy heart the flowers of Israel went in, not to kill, or to fight, but to reason.

The brave IDF commandos were set upon my savages with iron pipes, and in accordance with their rules of engagement, the commandos gave the scum a taste of their own medicine.

Below is an article from Reuters, mind you we all know they don't have a great reputation for fairness or honestly, so I'd take the claims of Israeli aggression with a pinch of salt.

Israel boards Gaza-bound ships, 15 dead: reports
Dan Williams
JERUSALEM
Mon May 31, 2010 1:23am EDT
1 / 2
Main Image
Main Image

Palestinians ride aboard boats in a preparation for the arrival of a convoy of ships to Gaza's Seaport, May 30, 2010.

Credit: Reuters/Ibraheem Abu Mustafa

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - About 15 people were killed on Monday when the Israeli navy intercepted a convoy of aid ships that activists were trying to sail to the Gaza Strip, Israel's Channel 10 private television network said.

World

Earlier, a spokesman for the Free Gaza Movement which organized the six-ship flotilla said at least two were killed.

Casualties could hurt Israel's international image and diplomatic relations, especially its long-time regional Muslim ally Turkey, whose flag some of the aid ships were flying.

Israel has said it was absolutely determined to maintain its blockade of the Islamist Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip, a Palestinian territory of 1.5 million. It has previously halted such activist ships, although others have reached Gaza before.

Amid Israeli military censorship and a refusal of Israeli officials to comment on what appeared to be a continuing operation three hours after dawn broke over the Mediterranean, Channel 10 made clear it was not citing foreign sources.

After initially reporting that at least 10 people were dead, it later said the death toll was between 14 and 16. It said commandos who had boarded the convoy were still conducting searches and encountering what it called violent resistance.

"Two people have been killed on board the Turkish boat and 30 or more were wounded," said Mary Hughes Thompson, a spokesewoman for the Free Gaza Movement, which was behind the convoy.

"As far as we know IDF (Israeli military) commandos descended on the boat from helicopters and took it over."

The convoy set off in international waters off Cyprus on Sunday in defiance of an Israeli-led blockade of the Gaza Strip and warnings that it would be intercepted.

The flotilla was organized by pro-Palestinian groups and a Turkish human rights organization. Turkey had urged Israel to allow it safe passage and said the 10,000 tonnes of aid the convoy was carrying was humanitarian.
I doff my hat to the only force for good in the Middle East at the moment, I mean aside from the International forces protecting the world in Iraq.

IDF showing the world how to get things done for over half a century, in style.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Attacking a NATO ally? Do they enjoy being complete idiots?

Neutral

BTV
They gave plenty of warning.

As we all know except for the biased left wing media, there really isn't a humanitarian disaster in Gaza...it is all a media beatup.

Despite this, Israel, very graciously I might add, was willing to let the boats come in, unload their cargo, the IDF would screen them, making sure there werent any grenades inside Red Cross/Red Crescent first aid kits, and then eventually truck them into Gaza....

But the boats defied them, and they need to know, there is a price to pay when you defy the wishes of Israel.

The formidable wrath of the IDF.

Again, if the ppl in the boats, had simply let the IDF take over their boats, there would have been no need for the IDF to shoot them in self defense.

As for NATO allies and such...pfffffffffft. It was only some randoms who got killed, this will all be forgotten next week, including the media storm.

In the mean time, Turkey will protest, arabs will protest. Israel knows the world is against them, but they will regret the loss of life, and leave it at that.

Life goes on, except for one important thing, next time someone tries to break the Israeli siege they will think twice.

All in all, score one for the Israeli government and the IDF.

Supports
Barcelona
The attack happened in international waters I hear!!!!!!!

Supports
Barcelona
Because Egypt is a tyranny ruled by an asshole who cares only about staying in power and/or passing it to his son and hence both of them are close friends and strategic treasures- as an Israeli minister called them- to Netanyahu and his shit co. Hence the siege from our side too.

Stop looking for excuses. Egyptian regime is shit and your regime and the IDF are as well. I don't think it's a comparison that honours Israel to comapre its actions to a dictatorship

Supports
Barcelona
REMINDER: How many Israelis were killed by Gaza rockets in 10yrs? Yep:Probably less than number of peace activists massacred this morning

Neutral

BTV
REMINDER: How many Israelis were killed by Gaza rockets in 10yrs? Yep:Probably less than number of peace activists massacred this morning
Only because they were shit. If they had spent some more money and built better ones, maybe the kill rate would be better.

You can't yell at your opponents for being more effective than you.

:D

holyland red

"Holier-than-thou fundamentalist"
Because Egypt is a tyranny ruled by an asshole who cares only about staying in power and/or passing it to his son and hence both of them are close friends and strategic treasures- as an Israeli minister called them- to Netanyahu and his shit co. Hence the siege from our side too.

Stop looking for excuses. Egyptian regime is shit and your regime and the IDF are as well. I don't think it's a comparison that honours Israel to comapre its actions to a dictatorship
I don't think this has anything to do with Netanyahu, mind you, or his regime. I don't recall an open Rafah crossing during Olmert's administration. We obviously can't compare the respective regimes, and neither do "peace activists". That's why we get their provocations here, whereas they are nowhere to be seen around Pakistan, Eastern Turkey, Sudan or N Korea.

Hardly excuses- I think what we've witnessed this morning is a major cock up, and when we get more concrete details may well have been in breach of international law. If this is the case I'd expect top Israeli officials to resign.

holyland red

Even one is one too many. There were thouseand of rockets, and they are still being launched at a rate of 1-2 a week. I don't think your "tyrrany" would have tolerated it.

Rest assured though, recent reports indicate that Hamas has armed itself with plenty of long-range missiles so more Israelis will be killed in the future. I'm sure you'll back Israel's response in that event.

Neutral

BTV
I don't think this has anything to do with Netanyahu, mind you, or his regime. I don't recall an open Rafah crossing during Olmert's administration. We obviously can't compare the respective regimes, and neither do "peace activists". That's why we get their provocations here, whereas they are nowhere to be seen around Pakistan, Eastern Turkey, Sudan or N Korea.

Hardly excuses- I think what we've witnessed this morning is a major cock up, and when we get more concrete details may well have been in breach of international law. If this is the case I'd expect top Israeli officials to resign.
I'm messing around, and very unsuccessfully trying to wind people up. But I really do think you are incorrect in saying you expect top Israeli officials to resign.

There might be one scapegoat, if that.

I have followed Israel for a very long time, and come to the realization, they know they will be condemned for these actions. But that is all. There won't be sanctions, they won't become an international pariah, there will be no international repercussions, at worst, Turkey and Israel recall each others Ambassadors (for a while). And then everyone moves on, but the point has been made.

Do not try us, we will do what we think is right, not what others think is right.

I am no fan of Israel nor its policies, but I am a fan of its convictions.

holyland red

I'm messing around, and very unsuccessfully trying to wind people up. But I really do think you are incorrect in saying you expect top Israeli officials to resign.

There might be one scapegoat, if that.

I have followed Israel for a very long time, and come to the realization, they know they will be condemned for these actions. But that is all. There won't be sanctions, they won't become an international pariah, there will be no international repercussions, at worst, Turkey and Israel recall each others Ambassadors (for a while). And then everyone moves on, but the point has been made.

Do not try us, we will do what we think is right, not what others think is right.

This flotilla issue was a lose-lose situation on Israel's part. Decisions needed to be made to minimise the political/pub.relations damage, and it appears that some mistakes were made. I certainly think that if international law was also in breach the decision makers should pay a price.

holyland red

You will find that many "others" think that Israel should cease to exist. I don't think Israel is in a position to do what "others" think.

Here I lost us a fan.

Supports
Barcelona

I didn't mean Netanyahu gov. in particular.

Provocations?? seriously!!!!

Even one is one too many. There were thouseand of rockets, and they are still being launched at a rate of 1-2 a week. I don't think your "tyrrany" would have tolerated it.

Rest assured though, recent reports indicate that Hamas has armed itself with plenty of long-range missiles so more Israelis will be killed in the future. I'm sure you'll back Israel's response in that event.
I didn't condone the killing of any civilians from both sides whether one or more.But these numbers put things into perspective

Supports
Barcelona
Press release from Turkey's Ministry of Foreign Affairs (No: 115, 31 May 2010, Press Release Regarding the Use of Force by the Israeli Defense Forces Against the Humanitarian Aid Fleet to Gaza / Rep. of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs) :

"We protest in the strongest terms the use of force by the Israeli Defense Forces against the civilians from many countries who want to transport humanitarian assistance to the people in Gaza, and among whom there are women and children, which, according to the initial information available, resulted in the death of 2 persons and injury of more than 30 people.

Israel has once again clearly demonstrated that it does not value human lives and peaceful initiatives through targeting innocent civilians. We strongly condemn these inhuman acts of Israel. This grave incident which took place in high seas in gross violation of international law might cause irreversible consequences in our relations.

Besides the initiatives being conducted by our Embassy in Tel Aviv, this unacceptable incident is being strongly protested and explanation is demanded from Israil’s Ambassador in Ankara, who has been invited to our Ministry.

Whatsoever the motives might be, such actions against civilians who are involved only in peaceful activities cannot be accepted. Israel will have to bear the consequences of these actions which constitute a violation of international law.

May God bestow His mercy upon those who lost their lives. We wish to express our condolences to the bereaved families of the deceased, and swift recovery to the wounded."
I think relations between the two countries will be even more strained if not completely cut off. There were Turkish causalities today

Neutral

BTV
You will find that many "others" think that Israel should cease to exist. I don't think Israel is in a position to do what "others" think.

Here I lost us a fan.
Don't worry I am still a fan, I've actually been to Israel on my Australian passport, only for a couple of days.

Israeli women are hot, and I'm sure I could get one to convert to Islam, and then spy on Israel.

Score!

I think we all know why they dealt with the Aid boats, in this manner.

The end game is squeezing Hamas to the point, where either it gives up control of Gaza, or the people force Hamas to give up control.

Letting up on this blockade would set a bad precedent as far as Israel is concerned.

I disagree with the tactics, but Israeli government has chosen this as the path to the downfall of Hamas, and until it happens, the blockade will continue, and anyone who tries to defy that, will face hostilities.

That really is that.

holyland red

I didn't mean Netanyahu gov. in particular.

Provocations?? seriously!!!!
Humanitarian aid could have been transferred through Israeli ports, as suggested to the organisers.

I didn't condone the killing of any civilians from both sides whether one or more.But these numbers put things into perspective
No they don't. Israeli civilians should not live in fear in their internationally recognized territory even if the rockets only chop limbs off more often than not.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
Humanitarian aid could have been transferred through Israeli ports, as suggested to the organisers.
Why should Israel have the right to decide what goes through 'Palestinian' ports? Is this a UN ratified sanction?

And besides, it is a ridiculously cack-handed course of action that Israel has followed. A orderly coastguard blockade followed by arresting the perpetrators wouldn't have been so hard would it? Instead they helidrop fecking Israeli commandos onto the ships in the dead of night! Not to mention the fact that this seems to have been done in international waters and is therefore an aggressive act rather than a defensive act.

Supports
Barcelona
The news are everywhere including Fox news , but no where on CNN ?????

Supports
Barcelona
ah ok, I was checking the US site not the international one

Neutral

BTV
Mark Regev has to be one of THE most dislikable ppl on the diplomatic circuit.

He makes the Iraqi guy seem honest and genuine.

holyland red

Why should Israel have the right to decide what goes through 'Palestinian' ports? Is this a UN ratified sanction?

And besides, it is a ridiculously cack-handed course of action that Israel has followed. A orderly coastguard blockade followed by arresting the perpetrators wouldn't have been so hard would it? Instead they helidrop fecking Israeli commandos onto the ships in the dead of night! Not to mention the fact that this seems to have been done in international waters and is therefore an aggressive act rather than a defensive act.
Israeli-Palestinian agreements stated that Gaza border crossings would be monitored by either Israeli or EU (Rafah border crossing) officials. Then Hamas overthrough the PA from Gaza, EU monitors fled their positions leading Egypt to close the Rafah point and Israel to be the only route of supplies to Gaza.

I agree that taking over the ships looks like it turned into a major cock up. Probably the worst possible scenario that could have been envisaged. THe soldiers on the ship were attacked by determined peace-activists and had to open fire to save their own lives. Can't really blame them, but I am not convinced that the ships could not have been stopped without landing commandos on board.

Supports
Barcelona
THe soldiers on the ship were attacked by determined peace-activists and had to open fire to save their own lives. Can't really blame them, but I am not convinced that the ships could not have been stopped without landing commandos on board.
Do you really believe this BS?

nimic

something nice
Scout
Because we're the ones who are going to have missiles landing on them once they reach those ports, you see...
So you would condone heavily armed Palestinians boarding civilian ships in international waters, headed for Israel? After all, they could be carrying ammunition that could be used when Israel every now and then feels like going into Gaza and killing some Palestinians.

Yes, you're not a fecking hypocrite at all, are you?

holyland red

Do you really believe this BS?
I believe what I see on my TV screen. The soldiers were attacked as soon as they landed on the vessel. There are reports that 2 guns were snatched and use to open fire on the troops, but there is no footage or further confirmation for that.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I received this email yesterday directly from the ship from a lady peace activist I personally know. I'm awaiting news. :(

hı all

Been on the Gaza aıd boat 3 days - and am well, havıng a lovely tıme so far - gettıng to know people from all walks of lıfe and from so many other countrıes. I was sat chıllıng wıth the Archbıshop of the Vatıcan (Italy) then chattıng to journalısts wrıters, polıtıcıans and actıvısts amongst others. Amazıng to be here and ıt actually feels real and just....rıght I guess.

The constant threats from Israel have bot dampened our spırıts and now we are embarkıng upon the last leg of our journeyş the next 12 - 24 hours wıll be the key stage of thıs whole journey. We are ınformed that the Israelı mılıtary have prepared specıal detentıon centres from us...hmmm ımages from the mıdnıght express come to mınd unless overseas prısons have evolved to satellıte tvs and jacuzzıs..heck I needed a break from the drudgery of lıfe back ın the UK...so ıt may prove an ınterestıng escape...or not! lol

Worry not I feel good and hopeful that we wıll emerge ıntact ınshallah!

There has been great comradeshıp aboard and we have had some laughs, some tears, and some ınspıratıonal and humblıng dıscussıons. The IHH organısatıon have been brıllıant ın pullıng thıs operatıon together and despıte the basıc sanıtatıon condıtıons on the shıp we are doıng well.

Sea sıckness ıs not too bad wıth tablets..and I have not showered ın a few days but you kında get used to your own BO after a whıle...just not everyone elses!

The maın shıp has been joıned by smaller cargo shıps now and each tıme ıt has been an uplıftıng experıence to spot a neıghbour on the horızon.

There ıs some kınd of strategy to respond to Israelı marınes forcıng theır way onto our shıp and basıcally the women have to stay ın theır communal cabın and out of the way..and yes me beıng me wants to be a bıt closer to the actıon! Anyway I have to do as I am told but ı am sure the journalısts wıll capture every eventualıty..unless theır footage gets confıscated!

Loads of journalısts from Spaın, Kuwaıt, Malaysıa, Srı Lanka, Indonesıa, Pakıstan, Belgıum, Jordan, UK etc etc.I hear that Channel 4 and the BBC have covered our story ın some way??? There are about 100 women -ıf that - amongst the almost 800 passengers ın total. One chıld under the age of one - who belongs to one of the crew.

Well I better go as I am not supposed to be ın the Press Room usıng the ınternet - a frıend pulled some strıngs. Not sure ıf I can emaıl agaın for a bıt unless I get to Gaza and then wıll try to text some of you and emaıl ıf poss.

Please do not worry, just pray and send us all your posıtıve energy.

lots of love to my nearest and dearest...Thank you all for your support---may your kındness be rewardedş)))

bye

holyland red

nimic

something nice
Scout
"There has been great comradeshıp aboard and we have had some laughs, some tears, and some ınspıratıonal and humblıng dıscussıons. The IHH organısatıon have been brıllıant ın pullıng thıs operatıon together and despıte the basıc sanıtatıon condıtıons on the shıp we are doıng well."

How very romantic...

IHH - a Turkish humanitarian relief fund with a radical Islamic anti-Western orientation.
Yes, that's certainly an impartial and professional site.

Amir

So you would condone heavily armed Palestinians boarding civilian ships in international waters, headed for Israel? After all, they could be carrying ammunition that could be used when Israel every now and then feels like going into Gaza and killing some Palestinians.

Yes, you're not a fecking hypocrite at all, are you?
Israel has the right - the duty - to defend its citizens. When Hamas fires missiles, it's not defending anything. It's just trying to provoke, kill and terrorize. If you don't see the difference, there's not much to say.