If Ole is sacked tomorrow...

Neo_Mufc

Woodward already backed Ole last week (ironic timing).

He's going nowhere.

hubbuh

Poch is the one.
He's the most gettable, obviously. Would suggest the top brass are hoping he manages to pull a rabbit out of the hat without having to change the overall football structure of the club. A bit like our current manager with Bruno.

dove

Would be a very nice early Christmas present, would genuinely make my day. Unfortunately I think he will stay until at least the end of the season. Then we of course go for the easiest target which is Poch, assuming he will still be available.

BlahRules

This man will not get sacked and have another chance to save himself on Saturday and another next week Thursday.

hubbuh

1-0 Newcastle. Cabaye.

It was their first win at OT in over 40 years.
Ahh, back when we used to break records every weekend!!

What would be the point of sacking him now? The league is still on.
Didn't tonight expose the fragility of our current game plan? Happy to not turn up for the first half, concede and hope for the best in the second half? Not a sustainable way to winning the league. Pie in the sky I'd wager.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Despite so many trying to diminish what Poch has achieved, he deserves a shot at a big club and I hope it is us.

His job at Spurs was so impressive and he has made them into the serious club they are today.

Even if he came in and “only” achieved what he did with them, I would rather be beating Madrid and City in the CL than going out losing to Istanbul on the way.

Fact is, he would have far better players overall, a larger squad, and more funds to make changes at United than he ever had at Spurs.

I want to see it and it should start tomorrow.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Why is it that everytime we lose there’s a Pochettino cum fest & a dumping of Ole?

Joke of a fanbase

Dobba

His job at Spurs was so impressive and he has made them into the serious club they are today.
Even if he came in and “only” achieved what he did with them, I would rather be beating Madrid and City in the CL than going out losing to Istanbul on the way.
So winning nothing and finishing third in the Premier League both gets you the sack at United and gets you the job (in your hopes) tomorrow. Especially if you do it whilst apparently in a two horse title race and with the best striker in the league.

wolvored

le wont get sacked unless we dont make top 4. As simple as that.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I'm a bit surprised no one has mentioned Allegri - are people down on him? As an oppo, he's the appointment I'd fear the most personally.

Maluco

So winning nothing and finishing third in the Premier League both gets you the sack at United and gets you the job (in your hopes) tomorrow. Especially if you do it whilst apparently in a two horse title race and with the best striker in the league.
Yes, because finishing third and taking a budget Spurs to a CL final is the same thing as doing it with Man Utd.

He did a lot of it with only Sissoko and Winks in central midfield and he did it consistently.

90 minutes away from a CL win and consistent qualification with Spurs and people aren’t impressed. Rewriting history at its finest.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nagelsmann, Marco Rose, Pochettino... all 3 would be very modern thinking managers who would look to implement a front footed approach where we impose ourself and our style, combined with our superior players, on the opposition. Right now we are just reactive to everyone. Can't manage like that.

Dobba

Yes, because finishing third and taking a budget Spurs to a CL final is the same thing as doing it with Man Utd.

He did a lot of it with only Sissoko and Winks in central midfield and he did it consistently.

90 minutes away from a CL win with Spurs and people aren’t impressed. Rewriting history at its finest.
Rewriting history? I just said what he "achieved," no trophies and finishing third in the league. Exactly what Ole's done that you want him sacked for.

hubbuh

Why is it that everytime we lose there’s a Pochettino cum fest & a dumping of Ole?

Joke of a fanbase
I love Ole, but I think he's taken us as far as he can. If we can implement a regime change that would set us up for future success I'm not going to feel guilty (or like a shit fan) for advocating for that. I've also never partaken in a cum fest over Poch and am very apprehensive about him at United.

manuchamp88

He won't be sacked tomorrow haha. Sure, Ole got the tactics wrong today, has been made to look very weak by playing Pogba after Raiola mouthing off yet again, but the squad STILL isn't good enough. Leicester must have been laughing all the way to bank when we paid them 80 million for Maguire. He's a decent defender on his day, but no where near the best in the world. Lindelöf even worse. Even Telles was poor and I reckon mostly because he was playing in this ridiculous formation with 2 left-backs. And yet again, no character or desire in the 1st half. Why don't we ever want it enough in the 1st half? De Gea is finished but will still be played because we don't have the balls to sell him and trust Henderson. Wan-Bissaka's form has gone probably because he has no real competition. Rashford is too selfless for his own good. We won't be winning anything anytime soon with this squad regardless of who is the manager. Years of improper investment and we are STILL not sorted. Good results here and there flatter to deceive.

hubbuh

Nagelsmann, Marco Rose, Pochettino... all 3 would be very modern thinking managers who would look to implement a front footed approach where we impose ourself and our style, combined with our superior players, on the opposition. Right now we are just reactive to everyone. Can't manage like that.
First two aren't available in the here and now. Would you dive straight in for Poch so as to immediately affect change or make a play that sees us get Rose or Nagelsmann in the summer (stay the course with Ole or a caretaker until then)?

Maluco

Rewriting history? I just said what he achieved, no trophies and finishing third in the league. Exactly what Ole's done that you want him sacked for.
Again, he did it with Spurs. A Spurs that had qualified once in their history before he joined them. A Spurs that were the butt of jokes and blown away when it really mattered.

Not only did he guarantee them CL football every single year despite sometimes not getting anyone at all in transfer windows. He beat giants who dwarfed his budget on the very biggest stage.

His job at Spurs was fantastic and it’s a false equivalence to suggest that finishing 3rd once at a club the size of Man Utd compares even slightly.

To judge him by trophies won when the bigger teams around him were spending multimillions and had far superior squads, far bigger wage budgets and far more resources is ridiculous.

bosnian_red

It's not all about league position/trophies won. You need a modern approach to football with a clearly defined style of play now, and evidence that a coach can train this style and punch above their weight as a collective team. A club like United, with the players we have, just can't have a coach who will set them up to be reactive to opposition tactics. Its setting up to be outplayed and then try and fight back through determination and individual moments.

bosnian_red

First two aren't available in the here and now. Would you dive straight in for Poch so as to immediately affect change or make a play that sees us get Rose or Nagelsmann in the summer (stay the course with Ole or a caretaker until then)?
I would get Pochettino right away and think he'd be huge for us. I don't think we'll get Nagelsmann, Madrid will go hard for him, while Rose will have his own suitors.

Dobba

Again, he did it with Spurs. A Spurs that had qualified once in their history before he joined them. A Spurs that were the butt of jokes and blown away when it really mattered.

Not only did he guarantee them CL football every single year despite sometimes not getting anyone at all in transfer windows. He beat giants who dwarfed his budget on the very biggest stage.

His job at Spurs was fantastic and it’s a false equivalence to suggest that finishing 3rd once at a club the size of Man Utd compares even slightly.

To judge him by trophies won when the bigger teams around him were spending multimillions and had far superior squads, far bigger wage budgets and far more resources is ridiculous.
His Spurs sides bottled a Champions League final and finished third in a two horse title race. They were the butt of jokes and blown away when it really mattered.

If guaranteeing CL football every single year is the aim let's get Wenger in.
It's not all about league position/trophies won. You need a modern approach to football with a clearly defined style of play now, and evidence that a coach can train this style and punch above their weight as a collective team. A club like United, with the players we have, just can't have a coach who will set them up to be reactive to opposition tactics. Its setting up to be outplayed and then try and fight back through determination and individual moments.
Modern approach to football and a clearly defined style of play: Kane and inshallah.

cheeky_backheel

No Poch for me. I want something really different from what we have had, someone who will come in and flip this club on its head.

Someone like Nagelsman or Rose would do nicely, even if unproven, they will come and play their way, not adapt to the club and games. Similar to Klopp and Pep really, someone who comes in with a clear plan and vision.
I will gladly settle for someone flipping Ed on his head, and pile driving the POS into the hard concrete

No Love

He won’t be sacked tomorrow, or the day after. Irrespective of where you stand on the Ole in/out debate, he’s not even remotely close to being removed from his position. Would take a hell of a lot more to see him lose his job, in my opinion. Not saying that’s right or wrong, it’s just more of a general observation.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
There are countless other threads on here along hte lines of 'we're badly coached', 'we have no tactics', 'we have no pattern of play' and so forth. As reactive as fans are (zombie passing anyone?) we're not all morons.

Ole has shown some great man management, seems like a lovely chap and is probably a great manager to play for. But we have one of the most expensive squads in world football, and we play some of the worst football. We're incapable of playing consistent football, incapable of identifying and improving a single system, incapable of not making the same defensive mistakes and incapable of both controlling a game and winning it.

The fact is that without the huge increase in penalties, Ole would have been fired already, because we'd of finished miles off the CL last season.

Poch has shown far, FAR more tactical COACHING ability than Ole at Southampton alone, much less what he achieved at Spurs.

If our club was run by footballing folk interesting in winning at the football, this wouldn't even be a question.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I love Ole, but I think he's taken us as far as he can. If we can implement a regime change that would set us up for future success I'm not going to feel guilty (or like a shit fan) for advocating for that. I've also never partaken in a cum fest over Poch and am very apprehensive about him at United.
Aren’t we setting up for the future now?

A lot of fans want a club to set up for the future with a lot of academy players and promosing young players. But also want immediate success (which has been instilled in them from years upon years of winning from the SAF years. Many of this forum I’d suspect don’t even know what it’s like to support a team through thick and thin because they’ve really only experienced the highs of league and european domination, which in all reality we didn’t actually do. 2 UCL wins in the whole of SAF’s run!) - you can’t have both!

Maluco

His Spurs sides bottled a Champions League final and finished third in a two horse title race.

If guaranteeing CL football every single year is the aim let's get Wenger in.

Modern approach to football and a clearly defined style of play: Kane and inshallah. feck defending.
You aren’t seeing the forest for the trees and are being extremely unfair. He lost a CL final with SPURS, of all teams, to the best manager in the world who had more resources than he did and was always the favourite. Again, he didn’t “bottle” a CL with Madrid or Juventus. He was there with Spurs. Tottenham Hotspur.

By your logic we should give Pep the reigns at Everton and laugh when he can’t win the CL. It’s ridiculous logic.

Manchester United are a far bigger club than Spurs with far better resources. But he doesn’t deserve a chance because he lost a CL final to Jurgen Klopp as the manager of a team that wouldn’t have been in the competition without him.

Dobba

You aren’t seeing the forest for the trees and are being extremely unfair. He lost a CL final with SPURS, of all teams, to the best manager in the world who had more resources than he did and was always the favourite. Again, he didn’t “bottle” a CL with Madrid or Juventus. He was there with Spurs. Tottenham Hotspur.

By your logic we should give Pep the reigns at Everton and laugh when he can’t win the CL. It’s ridiculous logic.
The only time he's ever been in a title race (against a presumably hugely resourced Leicester), which is surely our aim every season, his team finished third and spent the last game of their title race run trying and failing to kick Chelsea players off the pitch and into a morgue. Why should I be excited by the prospect of that at United? We're not even getting the 30 goal a season striker he relied on so much he played him injured and fecked up a Champions League final.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Left field....but I've always thought a Marcelo Bielsa type of manager may work. Bielsa's signature 3–3–1–3 formation does suit our counter-attacking style (if that is indeed our style). He'd also have a firm hand over the malarkey surrounding Pogba and his agent.