If Ole is sacked tomorrow...

SirMattlives

So Nagelsman --am genuinely curious -- what do people see in him that suggests he would be right for us? I get they beat us tonight, and managed a result in Istanbul, but then we demolished them at OT so let's not make a decision based on a couple of games. What is his quality that people seem to admire so much that we would anticipate him guiding us? Personally I'd still prefer Ole to get some tactically astute assistance on the coaching side that could prevent the sort of set up we endured for 20 mins today but, given the thread is 'what if'....explain to me the Nagelsman charm??

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I assume it would be Poch and that seems a decent idea to me.

Highlander

The fact is that without the huge increase in penalties, Ole would have been fired already, because we'd of finished miles off the CL last season.
Without Bruno most likely we are in the bottom of table.

el3mel

Why is it that everytime we lose there’s a Pochettino cum fest & a dumping of Ole?

Joke of a fanbase
These kind of posts piss me ten times more than the terrible loss. Some can't even respect how angry we're after such a disgraceful night.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So Nagelsman --am genuinely curious -- what do people see in him that suggests he would be right for us? I get they beat us tonight, and managed a result in Istanbul, but then we demolished them at OT so let's not make a decision based on a couple of games. What is his quality that people seem to admire so much that we would anticipate him guiding us? Personally I'd still prefer Ole to get some tactically astute assistance on the coaching side that could prevent the sort of set up we endured for 20 mins today but, given the thread is 'what if'....explain to me the Nagelsman charm??
:lol: Maybe there's people who are following his career and not focusing on one or two results to come up with half baked views , as you are ? So he has to beat in both games to be a manager with high potential?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why is it that everytime we lose there’s a Pochettino cum fest & a dumping of Ole?

Joke of a fanbase
Because Ole was never good enough in the first place and every big defeat (this wasn't just any loss) only services as further evidence of his mediocrity.

The only reason why it always goes to Pochettino is because the club aren't active/creative in looking for for alternatives.

Enigma_87

You know who
:lol: :lol:

Greck

Hee got an obsucre club named after an energy drink into the CL knockout stages at our expense. No, at Ole's expense. Switch the managers and we'd be the ones favoured to go through.

UncleBob

Because Ole was never good enough in the first place and every big defeat (this wasn't just any loss) only services as further evidence of his mediocrity.

The only reason why it always goes to Pochettino is because the club aren't active/creative in looking for for alternatives.
Not that simple, imo. Best option at the time, and overall he's neither been a massive success or a massive disaster. I've always considered it as an important step towards overall improvement, understanding and putting the club ahead of short term gain, but obviously that counts for feck all if there's no long term plan.

If there's no plan behind it, and we just sack Ole and hire whoever is available, then i reckon i'll give up football for some time.

Identify the right manager to take over the club next summer.

If it's a complete disaster that needs to be sorted, then hire someone for the short term

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
If he is sacked tomorrow all liverpool, arsenal,chelsea etc fans will be upset. If that doesn't say it all i don't know what will.

SAFMUTD

Dont care, just sack him and let Carrick go with him as well. How the feck has he stayed for so long after proving he's worthless.

dpansheth

Left field....but I've always thought a Marcelo Bielsa type of manager may work. Bielsa's signature 3–3–1–3 formation does suit our counter-attacking style (if that is indeed our style). He'd also have a firm hand over the malarkey surrounding Pogba and his agent.
I want him just to see Pogba and his agents face..

dpansheth

So we got spanked by spurs, this new mourinho guy might be the real deal

SirMattlives

Well, I was genuinely asking...I was not claiming anything about him or the motivation or basis for anyone's views on him -- it was a real question. Man, it's hard to have a discussion here.

Kaos

Meh, I'd take any one of the hipster options at this point - i.e. Nagelsmann, Hasenhuttl or Rose. Poch is so 2017.

SplitzMagic

Dudes can you believe OLE started 7 defensive players and subbed 5? What in the world was he thinking using just 3 attackers in rashy bruno and Greenwood?

Why even take off AWB thinking Fosu Mensah would put in a shift? He can't even control the ball. Tuanzebe was just doing weird stuff. Brandon Williams was in there over Telles and Shaw. Like what on earth was ole thinking? Please, then he decides to play Pogba and make us look like the weak team that we are.

What a time to be alive. Ole must have caught Covid-19 tonight... Has got to explain all of those brain farts.

Anyways, I'd like to get it over and done with and just appoint Poch. It's going to happen at some stage and we might as well just do it now and get kicking.

Hate this slow painful death.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Ole is our caretaker manager.
This is the reality. Woodward will let him finish the season and if he gets into top 4 by some miracle, Woody may even keep Ole to see the cycle restart again.

So we will basically become Spurs under Poch. In the best case. Worst case - Ole is sacked and some other dumbass restarts everything

I am just so tired

Greck

If he is sacked tomorrow all liverpool, arsenal,chelsea etc fans will be upset. If that doesn't say it all i don't know what will.
Of course they'd rather have us continue this Ole paralympics long enough to become the old liverpool

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's hard to believe at this point that changing coaches will have much of an impact, after Ole it will have been 4 coaches with varying pedigrees who have all failed spectacularly not just to get results, but to get any consistency from the team. Spurs are doing great under Mourinho right now, but Mourinho had more than enough time and money here and the team still looked like they barely knew how to play with one another towards the end of his tenure.

So of course changing the coach is the easiest answer to the problem on the surface, but it's quite clear that this is is a problem that's far deeper than what we see on the surface.

el3mel

It's hard to believe at this point that changing coaches will have much of an impact, after Ole it will have been 4 coaches with varying pedigrees who have all failed spectacularly not just to get results, but to get any consistency from the team. Spurs are doing great under Mourinho right now, but Mourinho had more than enough time and money here and the team still looked like they barely knew how to play with one another towards the end of his tenure.

So of course changing the coach is the easiest answer to the problem on the surface, but it's quite clear that this is is a problem that's far deeper than what we see on the surface.
The current squad is much better imo than anything we have assembled under both LVG and Mourinho.

This squad is definitely ready to take it to the next level but it will never happen under Ole because he's simply not good enough for the level we are seeking. He will always be a top 4 manager at best.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Ole won't be sacked tomorrow. Supporters aren't running the club. Woodward and Glazers are. And they aren't concerned about results. We got the the Champions League and we are on track to get there again. The only way Ole gets sacked is if the top 4 starts to look out of reach...

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Hasn't been sacked yet? Wow. Only at United. No expectations, no accountability.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

1. Moyes - 10 years of mid table at Everton with a defensive style and never really showing much more than mid-table pedigree. Obvious he was going to fail.
  2. Van Gaal - Was able to coach his style where we would play our game against any opponent, unfortunately his style was being obsessed with possession and not taking any risks on the ball. Long past his decline anyway.
  3. Mourinho - First year won 3 trophies, 2nd year finished 2nd behind City with 100 points. Mourinho never lasts more than 2 years, things turned sour. Play style was never his thing, he is always a reactive manager who thrives on being the underdog and battling through. That only lasts so long and is always an issue with the biggest clubs
  4. Ole - Failed at Cardiff. Did well enough with Molde in the Norwegian league. Only reason he was even mentioned was because he was a previous United player. Playing style proven to be nothing but reacting to the opponents to counter attack, or battle and work as hard as possible and be entirely reliant on individual quality to do anything.
It's been 4 appointments, with only Van Gaal who was a manager known for implementing a style of play (and he was a manager who was notorious to be a bit insane, really hard to work with, fell out with every team he worked with, obsessed with possession and 0 risk taking, etc). Why don't we act like a truly big club, and get a manager who wants their team to play a system that acts like the bigger team. We haven't had a manager who plays on the front foot, who imposes themselves on the opponents and tries to make things happen.

The personnel we have in our squad is fine. The issue is we just don't look well coached, at all. So many times we don't know what we're doing. We're 100% reliant on individual quality and mentality. It's a testament to what we have that we finished 3rd last year and are only 2 points off this year, despite being entirely reliant on individual quality and mentality. Because our coaching/system/play style is pretty much non existant.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
If Ole is out tomorrow, I'll have a wank first. Then may be look forward to having Pochettino as the manager. Or anyone good enough(I have absolutely no idea who else is available, or good.)

SAFMUTD

We wont sack him, because for the board is not enough to get humilliated by spurs or fecking up the UCL, Ole must completely shit the bed and demostrate he can end up outside top 4 with this team before we'll pull the trigger.

So long may our mediocrity continue, we get what we deserve keep wasting time with this nothing coach maybe he'll wake up tomorrow after 10 years managing and suddenly become worldclass.

croadyman

We wont sack him, because for the board is not enough to get humilliated by spurs or fecking up the UCL, Ole must completely shit the bed and demostrate he can end up outside top 4 with this team before we'll pull the trigger.

So long may our mediocrity continue, we get what we deserve keep wasting time with this nothing coach maybe he'll wake up tomorrow after 10 years managing and suddenly become worldclass.
Yeah Woody and his cronies will continue to dither rather than being proactive and doing something now.

They only sacked Mourinho because he made the place toxic so Ole has no worries on that score at all.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I want Madrid to fail to qualify so they get Poch. Not sold on him and I think his unavailability will force us to make a more exciting choice of manager. I'm also quite expecting Pochettino to go on and win trophies and perform very well in another team after United fans have belittled him. It's just too typical

croadyman

I want Madrid to fail to qualify so they get Poch. Not sold on him and I think his unavailability will force us to make a more exciting choice of manager. I'm also quite expecting Pochettino to go on and win trophies and perform very well in another team after United fans have belittled him. It's just too typical
Maybe he isn't the ideal choice but would much rather him who at least has an idea about how to coach a team properly and get us defending properly again.

Just remember what Woody said after Jose got sacked about carrying out a thorough recruitment process well that turned out to be utter BS so don't trust him to do it now either.

Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Give it to Bruno. He has been our manager since last January

AjaxNL

I don’t think this will ever be an option at United, but Arne slot is available for the season. Young coach, took over AZ last season, had them playing fantastic football and getting good results. He is viewed as the most talented Dutch coach. He was shock fired by AZ last weekend, for already talking to Feyenoord and presumably agreeing to go there next season (His contract was ending end of season). Quality coach and I would have loved him at Ajax after Ten Hag.

hungrywing

This is where LvG and Mourinhos troubles with Woodward and particularly Klopp's 'Disneyland' revelation get further highlighted.

One has to assume our manager position is the subject of jokes within the footballing world by now.

Ever worked at a place where your boss was dumber than you? Now imagine that x100.

croadyman

This is where LvG and Mourinhos troubles with Woodward and particularly Klopp's 'Disneyland' revelation get further highlighted.

One has to assume our manager position is the subject of jokes within the footballing world by now.

Ever worked at a place where your boss was dumber than you? Now imagine that x100.
Yeah most of these hipster managers will know about how crap we are run and rightfully run a mile

Real Name

He won't get sacked till top 4 is impossible. And I trust Ed to go with the most lazy choice in Poch if he gets sacked soon.