"If only we'd beaten Blackburn..."

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
This has been a regular refrain on here and it's doing my fecking head in.

Blaming a single result for a whole season's campaign is stupid enough but the idiocy of this slogan is compounded by the game that's going on right now.

If Chelsea match our result at Anfield we'd be going into the final week as hot favourites to win the title. feck it, even if they only go better than us - and draw - we'd still be in the driving seat next weekend.

Our draw away at Blackburn was by no means the worst result this season and we picked up the same amount of points that Chelsea achieved in the exact same frigging fixture. So if you're going to have a whine about single games if/when Chelsea finish ahead of us, let's at least try to focus on fixtures where they gained some points on us, shall we? Thank you.

Number7

Ret's Slave
Personally I look at the 2-2 with Sunderland and the loss at home to Villa as the key results. If the Burnley game had come at any other time of the season we'd maybe have won comfortably.

They're games you can't really afford to drop points in.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
This has been a regular refrain on here and it's doing my fecking head in.

Blaming a single result for a whole season's campaign is stupid enough but the idiocy of this slogan is compounded by the game that's going on right now.

If Chelsea match our result at Anfield we'd be going into the final week as hot favourites to win the title. feck it, even if they only go better than us - and draw - we'd still be in the driving seat next weekend.

Our draw away at Blackburn was by no means the worst result this season and we picked up the same amount of points that Chelsea achieved in the exact same frigging fixture. So if you're going to have a whine about single games if/when Chelsea finish ahead of us, let's at least try to focus on fixtures where they gained some points on us, shall we? Thank you.
I said that, pretty much word for word, to my mrs today.

Blackburn was 1 game and far from our worse showing. Which says a lot.

Man-United

I blame the Champions League. That Chelsea loss against Inter made them have seven days rest ahead of our game while we played away to Bayern and got Rooney injured.

Tbh, Chelsea deserves it. Winninig home and away to United, Arsenal and scum.

SER19

Was just about to make a thread about this.Some complete fecking idiots on here

VoetbalWizard

the title was lost when we didn't have proper backup for rooney and another attacking threat. then we wouldn't have to worry about him hobbling about.

at the end of the day, losing ronaldo and tevez and not replacing their goals/ movement up top meant we were always papering over the cracks and hoping for a good run at trophies.

Aporkalypse

We've far exceeded what most people had us down for this season. It has been a strange old season though, and it certainly isn't over unless we fail to do what we must at Sunderland.

B Cantona

Desperate
I agree with the thread starter. And a point away at Blackburn is no bad result

If you were to look at a single result or performance, it would have to be Chelsea at OT, and that wasn't good enough on the day

Time to go out, and despite the title almost certainly being lost, show the kind of pride in our performance that Liverpool aren't, or weren't willing, to be capable of

Rob Bowman

When we have been on our game this year such as Arsenal, we looked majestic.

That said there have been numerous games this year that we looked very mediocre. This list goes on of games and what ifs. Bottom-line is that list is too long and who ever wins the EPL this year will have no gripes from me.

Julian Denny

I'm afraid we don't deserve it - simple as that. To naively think that Chelsea would slip up at Anfield, given that they needed to win to effectively win the title and also taking Liverpool's circumstances into accoount, was sadly misplaced. It was pure wishful thinking and nothing else.

We really lost this when we couldn't at the very least hold Chelsea to a draw at OT. Had that been the result, it would have meant we would more than likely be going into these last two games with a two point lead over them. Our destiny would have been in our hands. The loss of Rooney probably was crucial but then again we really shouldn't have been relying on one player to get us goals in crucial games.

mjs020294

2010 Chelsea > 2010 United......it hurts but its undeniable.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I blame the Champions League. That Chelsea loss against Inter made them have seven days rest ahead of our game while we played away to Bayern and got Rooney injured.

Tbh, Chelsea deserves it. Winninig home and away to United, Arsenal and scum.
they scored dodgy goals against us at home and away, not sure about arsenal but away to liverpool? I mean c'mon. They're not even forth best. No Torres. No Johnsen. Kuyt up top who was put on the wing because he was shite up top.......they're lucky and have been in three of those games. A dodgy linesman and Rooneys ankle injurey just three days before in the final minutes of the munich game

Against Us it was even and against liverpool they bottled it until gerrard did what he did. It changed the whole game for them and Liverpool had nothing else in the tank after playing 120 minutes on thursday

Striker10

Well, they still won the games and that's what matters.
yeah they did but if we win both our games we'll finish 1 point behind them so what does that tell you? They're champions...but they're not something to aspire to. If we did what we should have, we'd have won the league quite convincingly. I doubt they'd be where we are if they had all their defence out at one time for a number of weeks

mjs020294

The team at the top at the end of the season are deserving Champions.

Striker10

The team at the top at the end of the season are deserving Champions.
is it the end of the season? If we win next week and they draw - based on one game you'll be saying they dont deserve it? C'mon..

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We've no one to blame but ourselves. Losing to Chelsea at OT was the title decider.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
It's quite easily deniable since the difference is marginal, given we went further in the CL and are only a point behind them in the league...

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Blackburn's game was a game that we should have won. Stating that its not the only one that had exposed our weaknesses in central midfield and forward line (who had become Rooney's dependent more then ever). We need to sort that out ASAP.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
If only Carrick had scored his penalty against Burnley.

If only we had proper defenders against Fulham at the cottage

If only we had turned up in the first half against Chelsea at OT

If only Valencia had taken his chance against Blackburn

devilish

In my opinion we are stronger in certain areas while they are stronger in other. They are definately stronger then us in terms of strength in depth though.

ntripunovski

Tell that t Berbatov.... I still remember how he took 3 seconds to find him self the best shooting position just to pass it to the GK... fecking shit..

devilish

Tell that t Berbatov.... I still remember how he took 3 seconds to find him self the best shooting position just to pass it to the GK... fecking shit..
Getting a good alternative for Rooney (ie who is not terrified in shooting the ball) should be one of our priorities.

Striker10

We've no one to blame but ourselves. Losing to Chelsea at OT was the title decider.
We're going back to a game where their second goal was offside by a country mile. No one can say we might not have nicked a point and that's life. We were unlucky. Losing Rooney in the final minutes a few day before kinda tells you the luck ain't with you and who do we blame for that? God maybe?

I certainly don't blame the players. The last time I looked they played the offside perfect and the cnut got it wrong. What a Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime.

mjs020294

In my opinion we are stronger in certain areas while they are stronger in other. They are definately stronger then us in terms of strength in depth though.
We lost Rooney and our season went to shit....that says it all really.

Striker10

We lost Rooney and our season went to shit....that says it all really.
what if chelsea had of lost drogba? Anelka started off on fire and went shit. Drogba scored against us and again today - albiet with help. These things matter. There's no denying though we need ..well we could have done with a fit owen at blackburn and chelsea at OT.

devilish

what if chelsea had of lost drogba? Anelka started off on fire and went shit. Drogba scored against us and again today - albiet with help. These things matter. There's no denying though we need ..well we could have done with a fit owen at blackburn and chelsea at OT.
No United side had ever been dependent to one striker as they are now. He is our forward line + you can't really rely on the Owens (Owen Hargreaves and Micheal Owen) fitness nowadays.