If we get more points than everyone else in our next 25 league games…

Skills

Snitch
Nope.

I'm sure he's a good coach and much better than what we've had before. But his record shows he's not particularly great. His students seem more able than he is for instance

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
No. Get Ten Haag in and move Ralf upstairs. Stop being a prisoner to the moment.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Nope.

I'm sure he's a good coach and much better than what we've had before. But his record shows he's not particularly great. His students seem more able than he is for instance
He doesn’t enjoy being a coach for longer periods of time. If he was all in on coaching he wouldn’t have resigned from Schalke in 2011.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Honestly, no. The guy is a club builder, not a manager.

He's previously worked himself sick and he should select a younger man to get us into the 21st century football-wise and ensure the club cannot feck up immediately after he leaves.

Gazautd18

Nope.
Get (insert manager he selects) and build from there.
Club needs a proper playing identity and structure.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He seems like the type who wouldn’t take it, tbh. I think if the right replacement is there he’d probably rather take a role up the club and help from that side

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
No, for two reasons:

1) We should have learned from our previous mistake in judging a manager based on a limited run of games with us. We have Rangnick's entire career thus far to judge him on. Doing well as an interim manager with us doesn't suddenly make him a better manager than we already thought he was and few were calling for him to be permanent manager based on that existing track record.

2) We'd likely get more long term value by replacing him with one of the other prime candidates and having his influence at the level above manager for a few years rather than just keeping him in a limited manager role before he inevitably leaves.

CM

No. I think his best work will be done providing us with a structure behind the scenes. There's also a reason why he hasn't managed above a certain level, sort us out on a basic level then hand over the reins.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
No. But just noticed our next 10 or 12 league games are as easy as they get. Good time for RR to take over as interim.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
No. It seems the club have finally got a plan and we need to stick to it. From what I’ve read he’s extremely intense, driven, meticulous and gives everything he has but burns out fairly quickly. For smaller clubs building up from nothing you can have your ups and downs but that isn’t the case if you want to challenge at the top. If all goes well and to plan with clear progress and structure he can stay on in his other role.

Withnail

No, he doesn't seem interested in being a full time manager so motivation would be a factor.

I also think the long term approach of moving him upstairs will be much better for the club in the long run than jumping on short term success and giving him a gig he doesn't want only to fire him in a couple of years and be back to square one.

C'est Moi Cantona

No, we have a plan, he's managing us for 6 months because we have been found out again, and because of this we may have finally stumbled on a decent plan, or one at least that most fans are buying into.

So if he's given the chance to genuinely choose our next manager and all our tranfers for the two years thereafter, then whether it works or not we can finally say we had a decent plan and stuck to it, and no one can really complain.

Dominos

It depends, I wouldn't be against it if the circumstances seemed right. People will compare it with Ole being given the job permanently off the back of his spell as interim, even if the situation is completely different.

The issue with Ole getting the job permanently based on his spell as interim was
1. He had no credentials prior to United, he'd never even proven himself to be a good coach at a top 5 league in Europe. The only time we'd seen him manage at a decent level was his disaster spell at Cardiff.
2. He didn't even do a good job as in that half season he meant to be interim, we appointed him before we saw how the rest of the season played out. It was an absolute disaster by the end. If we would have just waited for the season to play out we'd have clearly seen he's not the right man, we shouldn't make that mistake again.
3. The players most likely didn't even want Ole to stay on as manager as they'd stopped playing for him before the end of that season.
4. We didn't take into consideration performances during the interim spell, only results which relied heavily on positive variance.

Rangnick should stay on if he does exceptional in terms of results and performances, and the players want him to continue. We've seen how important it is that the players believe in the coach and like his management. We'd also have to factor in who's available in the summer, if for some reason we miss out on our top managerial targets or we don't fancy any of them then we may end up sticking with Rangnick. But we should wait until the end of the season to assess it, don't give him the job in March just because we've been on a nice run of results.

Tarrou

nah

if our first choices weren't available though, it would make sense to give him another year

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
He's mentioned that he finds coaching exhausting, at Leipzig during his two interim periods he was sort of forced into the role.

FujiVice

Well he 100% would be offered the job. It wouldnt be a reactionary appointment based on form. It would be a quality manager making a massive change in the clubs fortunes. If he comes in and is fantastic, he'll be here next season. And I'm sure we all hope he's a success.

RedDevilRoshi

No, he doesn't seem interested in being a full time manager so motivation would be a factor.

I also think the long term approach of moving him upstairs will be much better for the club in the long run than jumping on short term success and giving him a gig he doesn't want only to fire him in a couple of years and be back to square one.
This ^^^^

massi83

We wont of course, but hypothetically, depends if we also play well or it is just luck like in Ole's first months. That luck turned out to be extremely bad luck for us obviously.

KingCavani

I think we’ve probably already decided on his successor tbh and it’s just a matter of waiting for the summer.

Ralf is a bridge to the next coach. Their job will be to build on the foundation he puts in place. The better job he does the easier the transition will be and I think they’ll be looking at it through that lens. I think Ralf himself will be happy to contribute to the the project in another role.

BuzzKillington

He crumbled under the pressure at Schalke, I’ll be pleased if he manages to last the 6 months here. Not sure he knows what he’s let himself in for.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Didn't Ole get more PTS than Pep and Klopp as caretaker? I'm sure he did. We were just so far behind them when he took over it meant nothing.

Ten Hag or Poch has to be the plan. Let's stick to a plan for once.

dove

No. No more making stupid reactive decisions. Be proactive for once, identify who we want to be our next manager and start negotiating ASAP.

Idxomer

Didn't Ole get more PTS than Pep and Klopp as caretaker? I'm sure he did. We were just so far behind them when he took over it meant nothing.

Ten Hag or Poch has to be the plan. Let's stick to a plan for once.
It meant nothing because the team collapsed after he had become permanent.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
It’s a tough one… I think the majority of us would prefer him to move onto the board as he will help improve how the club is run and we can bring in someone like ten Haag. But if he does well and gets us performing consistently then it will be hard to see him go and a new manager come in who is going to give new ideas. What happens if he wins us the champions league? Do we keep him or still move him upstairs? I’m excited to see his style of play and his ideas but it all depends on how quick the players learn it. The good thing is that after arsenal we have a good run of easy games that we should be winning which will help move us up the table.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If we appoint a like minded manager that support his style then he would be more useful in an advisory or DoF type role.

Sviken

Absolutely not. This would be an emotional decision like giving it to Ole permanently. Rangnick is a club builder, not a manager, certainly not the one to make us compete head to head with Klopp and Guardiola. The plan should be obvious - let Rangnick get us through this disaster that was Ole, move him up top to modernize the club and appoint Ten Hag in the summer. There can be no other arguments about that. Anything else will never make us catch up to the best teams.

el3mel

No.

Let's stop these knee jerk decisions and plan properly for once.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Stick to the plan until we can't.