Il Fenomeno Draft

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Logic is to make it as tough as possible and to do what ever i can to stop GOAT fests and to do that without any blocks.
Fair enough!

I think this way is pretty beneficial to the first few picks given they drop players knowing who they'll take first as an upgrade, but not the biggest deal.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Fair enough!

I think this way is pretty beneficial to the first few picks given they drop players knowing who they'll take first as an upgrade, but not the biggest deal.
enigma is crying about double picks, you guys about early ones.....is like it is, in a snake format some will always have an advantage.

Šjor Bepo

I did want to ask what it felt like to go from knowledgable draft spectator to Sjor's little bitch.
oi! Find yourself your own minion and talk to him like that, leave my tiger alone.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
enigma is crying about double picks, you guys about early ones.....is like it is, in a snake format some will always have an advantage.
Wouldn’t quite put it like that.

And enigma seems to have backed off in that respect as I’m not really getting what the advantage of a double pick is here. Advantage is with the first few picks, outside of that it becomes more of a lottery.

As I said in my post though it’s fine, was just curious to understand the logic of it.

Enigma_87

You know who
I actually liked it, because it opens up the pool for me as I would have all dropped players minus the first three picks available for my first pick and then have even bigger pool of players for my second one.

The disadvantage in being a lottery isn't valid on my part because I can only pick 2 players, so for example if I'm to pick Matthaus I should drop Lizarazu, Batistuta, Littbarski, so I won't be strengthening either way.

My pool is limited and I'll be dropping the same players if I have to drop them now or later, as the like for like replacements aren't available for me - for example it's unlikely you will drop Pele :D - and I won't drop the likes of Cristiano, Neeskens, Nesta, etc who basically shoot down my entire pool.

I can understand @Theon point of view though as if he wants particular players he has to risk dropping some and they might not come to him.

Obviously I'm ok with your rules on second thought as it is better for me given the pool, but will be ok with either if others become more vocal.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
I did want to ask what it felt like to go from knowledgable draft spectator to Sjor's little bitch.
Not sure I was ever that knowledgeable to begin with, so there's that.

May crows feast upon your rotting carcass, Sjor Bepo

Last edited:
QF Squads before the RR

Enigma_87

You know who
Teams through:

ManagerRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7Round 8Round 9Round 10Round 11Round 12
mufc/TheonL. MessiG. ScireaR. KeaneA. ColeM. AmorosD. GodínP. BreitnerJ. JoyaM.
Preud'homme
W. LubańskiD. SilvaZito
SjorPeléA. IniestaB. RobsonF. CannavaroP. LahmN. KantéA. SpencerT. GemmellM. BelodediciI. ViktorI. ChislenkoTugay
Jim/pnutEusébioP.R. FalcãoJ. ZanettiN. HidegkutiH. StoichkovP. ScholesR. BonhofC. FerraraJ. CamachoV. van DijkR. HellströmA. Shevchenko
FortitudeD. MaradonaM.
van Basten
J. KohlerR. FerdinandT. CerezoL. ModrićF. BeneM. CorsoJ. OblakF. JusufiK. MbappéS. Jardine
EnigmaC. RonaldoA. NestaG. SounessJ. NeeskensB. LizarazuR. RivellinoG.
Batistuta
P. ČechJ. ArmfieldV. KompanyP. LittbarskiV. Ivanov
PatZicoJ. CruyffA.
Demyanenko
P. McGrathU. SeelerL. YashinR. BratsethF. RedondoT.
Alex.-Arnold
C.
Azpilicueta
P. van HimstM. Tardelli
GioG. BestF. PuskásJ. TiganaR. GullitD. PassarellaN. SantosL. RivaR. DasayevD. MackayT. RavelliB. WrightS. Reuter
RaeesF. BaresiG. MüllerL. FigoD. SantosZ. BoniekS. MarzoliniF. AlbertS. CampbellJ.L. ChilavertS. PluskalJ. GilesM. Khurtsilava

Reinforcement pool:

ManagerRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7Round 8Round 9Round 10Round 11Round 12
harms/JBE. FigueroaB. CharltonJ. BozsikK.H.
Rummenigge
A. CabriniA. SimonsenM. BossisR.
Rensenbrink
E. GeretsPirriR. PerfumoJ. Tomaszewski
HimannvF.
Beckenbauer
M. DesaillyXaviG. BergomiB. BremnerMarceloV. BessonovA. ShearerB. HulshoffP. SchmeichelO. SívoriS. Hyypiä
MichaelL. RonaldoM. PlatiniR. KrolJ. PopluharN. GonçalvesB.
Schweinsteiger
S. MatthewsR.
Dzodzuashvili
B. McNeillS. ManeJ.A. IribarM. El Khatib
DVGL.
Matthäus
F.
Rijkaard
C. AlbertoP. NedvědG. LatoO. RuggeriM. ColunaM. TrésorD. IrwinG. GrosicsK. DalglishR. Milla
EAPJ. MasopustP. MaldiniA.
Shesternyov
P. ElkjærJ. JohnstoneL. ThuramA. BrehmeE.
Francescoli
RaúlG. BanksDungaR. Giggs
MobyB. MooreGarrinchaG. FacchettiP. GentoB. VogtsI. NettoT. HenryK. De BruyneD. BlanchflowerL.
Mazurkiewicz
A. HansenGermano
PhysioV. VoroninO. BlokhinD. LawT. FinneyK.H. ForsterCafuV. VasovićA. BennarivoP. JenningsW. SagnolM. KempesL. Suarez
Miramontes
CrappyA. Di StefanoD. DžajićH. ChumpitazD. EdwardsW. van HanegemRomarioM. SammerD. McGrainC. GentileN. SouthallD. AlabaN. Liedholm

@Šjor Bepo if you want to add it as a threadmark

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
So the dropped players are declared in one mass reveal by Synco? Or not at all?

Is there a deadline for this decision, too?

Šjor Bepo

Mass reveal, no deadline but counting on people not taking ages with decision.

Cheers @Enigma_87 !

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
QF - you can drop up to 3 players from your squad, you will get to add 2 new players. Dropped players can be picked by anyone, even by a manager that dropped them. After the RR your team/squad should fit the draft theme, max 1 player per club/country.

So, the player pool is:
  • All players from the losing teams
  • All unpicked players
  • All players that get dropped
The RR wont start until everyone drops their players or just decide not to.
Just for clarification, do you have to drop 3 players to get the 2 additions, or can it be 2 in 2 out?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
you can drop 0, 1,2 or 3 players mate. You are not required to drop anyone and you can pick 2.
Ohhh...

So this dropping business is basically to clear your way to players from clubs/nations that were no longer viable?

Had it in my head that we were capped at a certain permissible number of players and had to rotate in/out to maintain that.

Enigma_87

You know who
Ohhh...

So this dropping business is basically to clear your way to players from clubs/nations that were no longer viable?

Had it in my head that we were capped at a certain permissible number of players and had to rotate in/out to maintain that.
yeah, we are at 11 :)

Šjor Bepo

ffs should have put a deadline, cant do much now but if they dont send until noon tomorrow we proceed to the next phase.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Sent.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan

Gio -> Reuter & Mackay
Pat -> TAA
Fortitude -> Corso
Enigma -> Armfield & Littbarski
Raees -> Campbell, Khurtsilava & Giles
Beamnut -> Sheva, VVD & Bonhof
Sjor -> Cannavaro & Tugay
2mufc0 / Theon -> Silva

Hope I got everything right, please check.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Thank feck for that. I'll take Don Elias.

ManagerRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7Round 8Round 9Round 10Round 11Round 12Round 13
Preud'homme
W. LubańskiD. SilvaZito
SjorPeléA. IniestaB. RobsonF. CannavaroP. LahmN. KantéA. SpencerT. GemmellM. BelodediciI. ViktorI. ChislenkoTugay
Jim/pnutEusébioP.R. FalcãoJ. ZanettiN. HidegkutiH. StoichkovP. ScholesR. BonhofC. FerraraJ. CamachoV. van DijkR. HellströmA. Shevchenko
FortitudeD. MaradonaM.
van Basten
J. KohlerR. FerdinandT. CerezoL. ModrićF. BeneM. CorsoJ. OblakF. JusufiK. MbappéS. Jardine
Batistuta
P. ČechJ. ArmfieldV. KompanyP. LittbarskiV. Ivanov
PatZicoJ. CruyffA.
Demyanenko
Alex.-Arnold
C.
Azpilicueta
P. van HimstM. TardelliE. Figueroa
GioG. BestF. PuskásJ. TiganaR. GullitD. PassarellaN. SantosL. RivaR. DasayevD. MackayT. RavelliB. WrightS. ReuterF. Beckenbauer
RaeesF. BaresiG. MüllerL. FigoD. SantosZ. BoniekS. MarzoliniF. AlbertS. CampbellJ.L. ChilavertS. PluskalJ. GilesM. KhurtsilavaB. Moore

@Enigma_87

Enigma_87

You know who
ManagerRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7Round 8Round 9Round 10Round 11Round 12Round 13
Preud'homme
W. LubańskiD. SilvaZito
FortitudeD. MaradonaM.
van Basten
Batistuta
P. ČechJ. ArmfieldV. KompanyP. LittbarskiV. IvanovD. Džajić
PatZicoJ. CruyffA.
Demyanenko
Alex.-Arnold
C.
Azpilicueta
GioG. BestF. PuskásJ. TiganaR. GullitD. PassarellaN. SantosL. RivaR. DasayevD. MackayT. RavelliB. WrightS. ReuterF. Beckenbauer
RaeesF. BaresiG. MüllerL. FigoD. SantosZ. BoniekS. MarzoliniF. AlbertS. CampbellJ.L. ChilavertS. PluskalJ. GilesM. KhurtsilavaB. Moore

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Preud'homme
W. LubańskiD. SilvaZito
FortitudeD. MaradonaM.
van Basten
J. KohlerR. FerdinandT. CerezoL. ModrićF. BeneM. CorsoJ. OblakF. JusufiK. MbappéS. JardineG. Facchetti
Batistuta
PatZicoJ. CruyffA.
Demyanenko
Alex.-Arnold
C.
Azpilicueta

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

Preud'homme
W. LubańskiD. SilvaZito
Jim/pnutEusébioP.R. FalcãoJ. ZanettiN. HidegkutiH. StoichkovP. ScholesR. BonhofC. FerraraJ. CamachoV. van DijkR. HellströmA. ShevchenkoF. Rijkaard
FortitudeD. MaradonaM.
van Basten
J. KohlerR. FerdinandT. CerezoL. ModrićF. BeneM. CorsoJ. OblakF. JusufiK. MbappéS. JardineG. Facchetti
Batistuta
PatZicoJ. CruyffA.
Demyanenko
Alex.-Arnold
C.
Azpilicueta

@Šjor Bepo