Ilkay Gündogan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
I really wonder if Guardiola wants to take the risk with Gündogan after all the trouble injuries caused at Bayern in the past 3 years. It could easily mean that Gündogan again extends his contract at Dortmund again. If they're smart they force him to commit longterm this time though, because Gündogan himself can't really risk his contract to run out with his injury record.

The next weeks are really crazy for Dortmund. They might lose all of Hummels, Gündogan and Mhkytaryan or none of them.
One of them will stay anyway, most likely Gündogan. I'd be very surprised if City or any other club is willing to take the risk of his transfer. There's hope from my end that Bayern will accept Hummels' transfer fee so that we can offload him to you lot. :D
The only player I care for is Mkhitaryan. I'm prepared for his imminent depature but would be happy if stays another season, ideally with an extended contract but even without.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
So back towards the end of the year, wow and they still want to buy him? Good luck to them.

Fantastic player, but another who's career may not reach potential due to injuries.
They wont buy him till he can pass medical (because they wont be able to get him insured) can he sign a pre contract in Jan?
I know he signed the 1 year extension before but would he do that again... potentially costing himself a lot of money and as the injuries must have shown him football can be a very short career

VanGaalEra

They wont buy him till he can pass medical (because they wont be able to get him insured) can he sign a pre contract in Jan?
I know he signed the 1 year extension before but would he do that again... potentially costing himself a lot of money and as the injuries must have shown him football can be a very short career
I would stay away from him tbh, two serious injuries already in his career.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
They're looking at pay £17M for him now according to reports from Italy!

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...omplete-deal-for-just-17m-on-guardiola-orders
As I say I just done see how he would pass a medical at the moment and clubs just dont sign players without medicals these days do they?
If he wont be fit enough to pass till around the end of the year then again thats around free contract / pre contract period... I just cant see why they would pay 17m now when he may never be fit and they could have him for free by the time he may be fit?

More worrying for me is Strootman played in the last game of the season for Roma - I wonder if LVG will finally make the move for him (and his injuries worry me more than gundogans)

VanGaalEra

As I say I just done see how he would pass a medical at the moment and clubs just dont sign players without medicals these days do they?
If he wont be fit enough to pass till around the end of the year then again thats around free contract / pre contract period... I just cant see why they would pay 17m now when he may never be fit and they could have him for free by the time he may be fit?

More worrying for me is Strootman played in the last game of the season for Roma - I wonder if LVG will finally make the move for him (and his injuries worry me more than gundogans)
I really don't know, I'd assume you can sign players even if injured, there must be clauses with the Insurance companies.

No links whatsoever with Strootman so you can relax.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

A few players have joined clubs while injured. Risky signing both Laporte and Gundogan while injured though.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Kicker are reporting that Dortmund reached an agreement with City. Around €25m plus bonus payments. SportBild are reporting a similar figure.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Kicker are reporting that Dortmund reached an agreement with City. Around €25m plus bonus payments. SportBild are reporting a similar figure.
Big, big gamble by City IMO. He's a very good player but he's also out till October and has been very injury prone in the past few years. No doubts about his quality as a player though.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Big, big gamble by City IMO. He's a very good player but he's also out till October and has been very injury prone in the past few years. No doubts about his quality as a player though.
He is not allowed to train till october, add to that 4 weeks of getting fit and city will have signed a player they could sign next january as he will play around december.

Varun

Staff
Absolutely fantastic deal, that's dirt cheap for a player of his quality. We'll look at this deal like another Silva/Toure one in the years to come.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
They pay Dortmund €25m plus bonus payments for a player who had one season of his contract left and would've missed half of that. In my book that's not dirt cheap.

KM

Absolutely fantastic deal, that's dirt cheap for a player of his quality. We'll look at this deal like another Silva/Toure one in the years to come.
Not at all dirt cheap for a player who's missed the majority of his last three-four season from injury, is out till October and has only one year left on his contract.

Varun

Staff
Not at all dirt cheap for a player who's missed the majority of his last three-four season from injury, is out till October and has only one year left on his contract.
It's not a varied set of injuries which keep happening to him. It's his back which had problems to the extent that it looked he might not play again. Its been sorted out though which is why he was a regular this season and played to a very high level. The recent knee injury happened during a game, can happen to anyone. I did forget about the contract situation, you're right about that one. We should still be in for him at that price, it doesn't matter if he'l be back in Oct and take some time to get going. He's young and quality, long term benefits.

KM

It's not a varied set of injuries which keep happening to him. It's his back which had problems to the extent that it looked he might not play again. Its been sorted out though which is why he was a regular this season and played to a very high level. The recent knee injury happened during a game, can happen to anyone. I did forget about the contract situation, you're right about that one. We should still be in for him at that price, it doesn't matter if he'l be back in Oct and take some time to get going. He's young and quality, long term benefits.
You're right that it's not a varied set of injuries which keep happening to him, but for some reason his body is extremely injury prone. Even before that injury happened, he still missed around 12 games before May in 2016 alone due to various injuries. As I said, that he's a very good player but this deal isn't dirt cheap and is actually a quite big gamble.

Varun

Staff
You're right that it's not a varied set of injuries which keep happening to him, but for some reason his body is extremely injury prone. Even before that injury happened, he still missed around 12 games before May in 2016 alone due to various injuries. As I said, that he's a very good player but this deal isn't dirt cheap and is actually a quite big gamble.
Transfermarkt says it was influenza and then a bruised foot which kept him out. Not typical issues which would be classified as a player with an injury prone body. It is a gamble signing a player who's injured at the time but with the money clubs have atm and given the quality of the player in question, it's a very good buy. If it were us, I'd be over the moon. He's absolutely class unfortunately :(

NoLogo

Transfermarkt says it was influenza and then a bruised foot which kept him out. Not typical issues which would be classified as a player with an injury prone body. It is a gamble signing a player who's injured at the time but with the money clubs have atm and given the quality of the player in question, it's a very good buy. If it were us, I'd be over the moon. He's absolutely class unfortunately :(
I wouldn't have minded us taking that gamble tbh. But oh well until our new manager is here I doubt much will happen in terms of transfers. I just hope that not all the good deals are done and we are again left with the leftovers.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
If he doesn't turn out to be crocked they will have signed a brilliant player for cheap

If he does turn to out to be crocked... they have wave wasted more money on shittier players

Status
Not open for further replies.