I'm calling it: DDG is the best we've ever had

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Still don't think we'll have him after May.

Trizy

Schmeichel but there's no shame being second best to the best keeper in European history.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
He's looking great in a crap team, but he needs to be able to concentrate for 90 minutes without having anything to do for most of it.

facund

Best shot stopper no doubt but he lacks the presence and leadership when comparing him to VDS and Pete.

We've been blessed with three of the best keepers of the PL era.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
It's seemingly a toss-up between him and Schmeichel for many people, at this point. Is there an agreement that he's already ahead of Edwin though?

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Plus he shouldn't have to work that hard. Nobody has worked that hard in merseyside for years

snk123

We would have beaten Barcelona if we had him in goal in 09/10. There, I said it - sorry VDS.

Ainu

In terms of consistently pulling off world class saves, he's up there. He's still very young, it's not that far fetched that he'd be considered among the best goalkeepers ever by the time he retires.

RedStarUnited

Best shot stopper no doubt but he lacks the presence and leadership when comparing him to VDS and Pete.

We've been blessed with three of the best keepers of the PL era.
Nothing wrong with his presence whenever theres a one and one is there?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
You think De Gea is better than that? No way mate. Rapid Vienna away the next season too.
Schmikes is a legend, he was my idol growing up as I played in goal myself, I adored the man and still do.

I'm not knocking him, but he's been surpassed.

@Leg-End put it best; DDG is pulling of the kind of saves Schmeichel did multiple times a week.

FujiVice

Schemichel for me. Smalling and Blind would have retired due to social anixety by now if he was their keeper.

Love Dave, though.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
He is great but I still put him behind Pete and VDS

Maybe in 10 years from now I might change

Cina

All this and people aren't even mentioning the fact that he's still only 25.

Natener

There weren't as many good keepers in Pete's time I'd say and it made him stand out. Think I'd pick DDG
Serious? Chilavert, Kahn, Seaman etc were all class keepers. If anything, the 90s and early 2000s had quite a few more solid 2nd tier keepers than what we see now.

facund

Nothing wrong with his presence whenever theres a one and one is there?
Nothing wrong no but not on the level of Pete who was a veritable man mountain. Presence extends to a wider area as well, ability to command the box on crosses and set pieces for example. David is much improved in this area but Pete could smash through 4 men, still catch the ball and then launch it 60 yards out of his hands.

saivet

"David De Gea is Heurelho Gomes without the shotstopping"

Traub

He's looking great in a crap team, but he needs to be able to concentrate for 90 minutes without having anything to do for most of it.
Wasn't he in the pfa team of the year the last time we won the league? Safe to say he has improved since then, and it's also safe to say that was a good team.

ravi2

Pity we most likely wont have him after this summer, due to our terrible upper level management.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Schmeichel was better. The two are evenly matched in every department until it gets to 'presence'. Schmeichel was incredible, he was fecking huge and much more commanding the De Gea.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Schmeichel was better. The two are evenly matched in every department until it gets to 'presence'. Schmeichel was incredible, he was fecking huge and much more commanding the De Gea.
He's absolutely monstrous in 1v1's and catches almost everything that comes into his box.

SirAF

Ageist
He is, but what fecking use is it when he has a bunch of useless motherfeckers ahead of him and an inept baboon on the bench. pour me another mojoti

Bojan11

Hard to say. He's having to do a lot more work than VDS or Schmeichel because of the awful defence in front of him.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
P4P I think you're right but in terms of legacy, he's 3rd.