"I'm half the player under LvG"

Ananke

Explain to me this: if someone expect a lot of abuse and still do it anyway, why would they cry because of the abuse then?

I have seen you made 34k+ posts so you must be so smart on the internet
Why are you so bothered about post counts...sound like a guy with small penis syndrome. :|

PvsNP

Thanks to jasT1981 (Newbs' forum):

Seriously doubt that. LvG made Fellaini's career here respectable, so I don't see why he would complain. I think it's either Mata or Herrera.

Halftrack

Explain to me this: if someone expect a lot of abuse and still do it anyway, why would they cry because of the abuse then?

I have seen you made 34k+ posts so you must be so smart on the internet
You're the one who'll have to do the explaining, since you are the one who expected a lot of abuse and then went on to cry about it. Because no matter how you look at it, the simple fact is that you've been crying an awful lot about people giving you grief for what was a pretty retarded statement.

I mean, seriously, mate, you're something for yourself. You make a controversial statement (that you expect to catch flack for), then you come out swinging when people call it what it is (a retarded statement). Then you act all tough and nonchalant, while at the same time accusing others of being "internet tough-guys". You handling of this situation is a perfect example of how not to act when called out for being an idiot.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Rooney has been poor for a few years so I don't see how he could blame his performances on LVG. Memphis maybe although that is more about the step up from the Dutch league.

pacifictheme

OK wise guy, so that was what I said.

Seriously these jokers in internet forum have no ball to say anything a little bit controversial and at the same time acting like they are the toughest guy in the world. Give me a break
I don't really get your point, but you seem like the kind of plastic fan everyone talks about.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Not sure who apparently said this, but I got me thinking: has any attacking player really flourished since LVG arrived? Martial has looked very promising, but after him, I struggle to think of anyone. Rooney has fallen off a cliff (as did Van Persie in his one season with LVG;) Januzaj has regressed significantly; Di Maria and Falcao were both busts (probably not LVG's fault in the case of Falcao;) Wilson has shown next to nothing; Depay looks awful; Mata looks half the player he was at Chelsea; Fellaini (in so far as he is an attacking player,) has been reduced to the role of long-ball target man (a role I actually think he's not that good at;) Chicharito, Nani, Welbeck and Kagawa (all fairly productive players under SAF - well maybe not Kagawa, but he showed flashes) were sold off or loaned then sold off almost immediately.

Herrera has looked good, so of course he's been an occasional starter at best. Ashley has also improved - he's now a fullback for us most of the time.

One can make excuses for all of the players above not performing, but after a while, a disturbing pattern emerges.
You're forgetting one important Moyes for most of the players mentioned who were already at the club.

prath92

Thanks to jasT1981 (Newbs' forum):

the united stand is just a fan account. Any informat that they make is trolling or for follows. Last summer window, they did some crap that they had a window cleaner friend who saw a fax in Woodward's office about signing Pedro or something

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
the united stand is just a fan account. Any informat that they make is trolling or for follows. Last summer window, they did some crap that they had a window cleaner friend who saw a fax in Woodward's office about signing Pedro or something
:lol: A peering window cleaner with eye sight so good he can read a sheet of paper from outside.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So is it Hererra?

Daily Star "reporting" that he is disillusioned now.

crossy1686

career ending
To be honest, at the moment I don't care who thinks they're half a player under LvG. They can all leave for all I care. No one's position is secure at the moment, with perhaps the exception of Smalling and De Gea.

jojose

I don't see it being Mata or Herrera. If it was I would 100% agree but neither seem the type.

I think its Schniderlin.

Could also be Valdes? ;)

jojose

To be honest, at the moment I don't care who thinks they're half a player under LvG. They can all leave for all I care. No one's position is secure at the moment.
That's a good shout that. De Gea, Smalling and Basti aside, they all have bollox the size of pea's and hearts even smaller. The urgengy in the team is incredibly worrying.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I don't see it being Mata or Herrera. If it was I would 100% agree but neither seem the type.

I think its Schniderlin.

Could also be Valdes? ;)
I don't think it's Herrera, he has always said you can talk to LvG, so if he has a problem he will have spoken to him already. Ander comes across as someone who wouldn't go behind the managers back, that he would be brave enough to just say what he thinks to his face and intelligent enough to deal with it. All this is the papers stirring. They know that fans are not happy about the style of play and the fact that Rooney is untouchable, so they are trying to cause even more unrest.

Halftrack

That's a good shout that. De Gea, Smalling and Basti aside, they all have bollox the size of pea's and hearts even smaller. The urgengy in the team is incredibly worrying.
I don't know why Basti would be safer than the likes of Herrera, Rojo or Blind. He's ha a few shockers, and a couple of very average games.

jojose

I don't know why Basti would be safer than the likes of Herrera, Rojo or Blind. He's ha a few shockers, and a couple of very average games.
But its not for the want of trying and showing a bit of effort and passion.
TBF your right though those 3 are similar. I thought Rojo was the only one that actually looked like he wanted to win the PSV game in the last 20 minutes or so.
Some of them, quite a lot of them need to remember who they are playing for. Some of them totter about like they've made it and just because they are at United medals are guaranteed. But there isn't a Roy Keane in the side now who rules the roost on the pitch and dishes out bollockings when required.

It doesn't help that nothing comes from the bench. in those last 20 against PSV Fergie would have been jumping up and down and screaming from the touch line. Fair enough if LVG doesn't do that but Giggsy couldn't possibly look any less interested.

nemanja15

My best bet is Memphis. Bar the odd flash he has been largely ineffective.

I doubt it's Rooney (he's been on the wane for a while), Carrick (manager clearly has faith in him as will start 9/10 times when fit and has been publicly praised) or Fellaini (LVG has been the making of him at this club even if he can't really get a look-in at the moment).

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Fair enough if LVG doesn't do that but Giggsy couldn't possibly look any less interested.
He is an assistant. Protocol does not allow Giggs to say or do anything unless specifically asked by the manager during the game.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Frankly, this statement could be coming from anyone in our senior squad, maybe with the exception of Smalling and DDG.

LVG is over-rated, and I am not saying this based on yesterday game. Of all important attributes that you want from a manager, LVG has shown none: Poor tactic, terrible attack idea, no influence during game, slow reaction to opponents' plan, bad substitution, poor relationship management. The few attributes that he is not completely terrible at are his tendency to give opportunity to youngsters and organizing defence (not great either). He run this team like a dictator and although I have no problem with dictatorship if the dictator is smart, this guy is the opposite to smartness and has been only lucky a few times in his career.

I might get some stick for this but if the club extend his contract for even just one more year I would seriously consider switching club to support. My hero is SAF and I've stood up with Moyes and LVG for 2.5 seasons now.
Do you already have a list of clubs you could possibly switch to? Have you had any offers? I'd recommend Napoli and Sevilla.

Alex Styles

Actually Fellaini makes sense but only when you compare his performances this season for us vs his performances in the Belgian national side.

walkinhop

I think IF true, it is one of the creative players as the word "express" was mentioned. Perreira? Depay?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I think IF true, it is one of the creative players as the word "express" was mentioned. Perreira? Depay?
You wonder about Memphis, he came here with a lot of hype and has had some real criticism. It might be his way of saying it isn't his fault. If he had been allowed to play like at PSV we would be seeing how good he is. Or of course it could be a fabrication of the papers.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Van Gaal hasn't even commented on this non-event of a story. 'Nuff said.

jojose

He is an assistant. Protocol does not allow Giggs to say or do anything unless specifically asked by the manager during the game.
Rubbish!!

Giggsy apparently regularly gives pre-match team talks. If he is as enthusiastic in them as he looks on the bench then no wonder we always start so pedestrian

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Rubbish!!

Giggsy apparently regularly gives pre-match team talks. If he is as enthusiastic in them as he looks on the bench then no wonder we always start so pedestrian
Rubbish? You don't think that Van gaal asked him to do the pre-match talks and presentations?

jojose

Rubbish? You don't think that Van gaal asked him to do the pre-match talks and presentations?
of course.

what is rubbish is the idea that van gaal has told him to sit there looking like he couldn't give a f*ck.

I don't expect him to be in the technical area changing our shape etc but I do expect him / any no.2 to be out there dishing out the odd bollocking / gee up!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
of course.

what is rubbish is the idea that van gaal has told him to sit there looking like he couldn't give a f*ck.

I don't expect him to be in the technical area changing our shape etc but I do expect him / any no.2 to be out there dishing out the odd bollocking / gee up!
He will only dish the bollockings if LVG tells him to dish them. At the exception of German Burgos the assistants are rarely going crazy on the touchline and everyone knows that Burgos is crazy.

jojose

He will only dish the bollockings if LVG tells him to dish them. At the exception of German Burgos the assistants are rarely going crazy on the touchline and everyone knows that Burgos is crazy.
he's not a puppet.

SirBobbysCombover

Squirming around on a dusty barber shop floor
When I was at the emirates watching us get spanked, I posted that as we were leaving we watched the players leave the ground and Fellaini was the only Utd player to leave on his own in a shitty clapped out Mazda at least 20 minutes before the team coach.

probably nothing but thought it was tad weird that he left the ground so early, thought I would add some more fuel to the fire gents.

hobbers

Pretty obvious it's Fellaini. Really the only other person it could be is Januzaj who obv isnt here. Maybe Ashley Young at a stretch, if he hates playing full back. But 98% chance it's Fellaini.

Mata and Herrera wouldn't give out negative comments anonymously, not a chance. New boys aren't going to either, Martial doesn't speak English and Depay avoids the press. Rooney's career would crumble without Van Gaal at present.

Can't believe people actually think Mata is the sort of person to voice concerns anonymously to Jason fecking Burt.

NecssryEvil

Hate this anonymous BS. Either the player is a coward, which could be part of his problem of being "half the player he could be" or Burt is making this all up to get clicks.

I actually went down to the paper and talk to some of his co-workers. I had a couple that told me, off the record, that he is an alcoholic and occasionally does massive amounts of drugs with hookers. I have to be careful what I say here as I don't want Burt to find out my sources, but they are very close to him so I am confident it is accurate and the writer can't be trusted.

Boycott

Pretty obvious it's Fellaini. Really the only other person it could be is Januzaj who obv isnt here. Maybe Ashley Young at a stretch, if he hates playing full back. But 98% chance it's Fellaini.

Mata and Herrera wouldn't give out negative comments anonymously, not a chance. New boys aren't going to either, Martial doesn't speak English and Depay avoids the press. Rooney's career would crumble without Van Gaal at present.

Can't believe people actually think Mata is the sort of person to voice concerns anonymously to Jason fecking Burt.
How is it obvious it's Fellaini? That guy would have gone down in United's Worst Ever XI if Van Gaal didn't give him a second chance

RedRover

Hate this anonymous BS. Either the player is a coward, which could be part of his problem of being "half the player he could be" or Burt is making this all up to get clicks.

I actually went down to the paper and talk to some of his co-workers. I had a couple that told me, off the record, that he is an alcoholic and occasionally does massive amounts of drugs with hookers. I have to be careful what I say here as I don't want Burt to find out my sources, but they are very close to him so I am confident it is accurate and the writer can't be trusted.
Easy to call him a "coward". It's rare for players to come out with things in public because a) some fans will react badly b) they're likely to be sent to train with the kids.

I wonder if you'd be that brave if you didn't like your boss, or whether you'd just get on with your job like most people would. This is especially the case since neither he nor any other player can pick and choose who's managing the team anyway.

Players confide in other players, some of whom will speak to the press. It's what happens. It's not surprising they would do so if they're not enjoying their football.

Generally the decent journalists have good sources. Whether it's nonsense or not I suspect we'll never know but I wouldn't be surprised if isn't.

NecssryEvil

Easy to call him a "coward". It's rare for players to come out with things in public because a) some fans will react badly b) they're likely to be sent to train with the kids.

I wonder if you'd be that brave if you didn't like your boss, or whether you'd just get on with your job like most people would. This is especially the case since neither he nor any other player can pick and choose who's managing the team anyway.

Players confide in other players, some of whom will speak to the press. It's what happens. It's not surprising they would do so if they're not enjoying their football.

Generally the decent journalists have good sources. Whether it's nonsense or not I suspect we'll never know but I wouldn't be surprised if isn't.
A player going to the press to vent their frustrations on the condition of anonymity is cowardly and not the way to handle things. My world is quite a bit different than the one professional athletes live in so it's an apples and oranges thing I think (I could walk tomorrow if I felt it necessary), but, if I felt that my employer was holding me back then yes, I would go to him/her and let them know what I thought the problem was. If I felt that they would not change and that my career would suffer then I would look for a way out of the situation.

However, that was not really the point I was trying to make. My point was that I think it could just as easily be all made up and the fact that anyone can post/write whatever they want with no facts/sources as proof of it really happening/being said is ridiculous. Bottom line is, if a writer is going to publish something of this nature I feel like there needs to be names attached or I will call BS.