"I'm half the player under LvG"

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
There is an original post that lead to all these attacking, go figure
There is no attacking, people laughed at that part:

I might get some stick for this but if the club extend his contract for even just one more year I would seriously consider switching club to support. My hero is SAF and I've stood up with Moyes and LVG for 2.5 seasons now.
Because for almost all of us that's a very strange notion, you clearly mentioned the process of switching club, you said that you would actually think about it.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
i think you should go and support another club. :lol:

me i must be doing it wrong, because it doesn't matter how shite we are doing, united will always be in my heart and i will follow them until the day i die.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?

me i must be doing it wrong, because it doesn't matter how shite we are doing, united will always be in my heart and i will follow them until the day i die.
Hey, he's given it nearly 2 and a half seasons. What more do you want?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Thanks for derailing the thread from my shit jokes about Wayne's Wig of Woe.

fan1996

DIEHARD: Changes support more than his underpants

Typical fake laugh people often see the office bitches do to please their boss. Who care what you think I should or shouldn't do

Tough internet guy is mixing romance with death and stuff, save it to your wife if you can.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
At least his expectations aren't too high. 80% as good as the greatest manager of all time sounds pretty reasonable. Providing they get into full swing in under 2 seasons of course. Sadly, this rules out a lot of people, including greatest manager of all time.

I feel we need a new, non percentage based system to define the acceptable tipping point of fan loyalty. I propose something tacky and hosted by Noel Edmonds.

Summit

Typical fake laugh people often see the office bitches do to please their boss.

Tough internet guy is mixing romance with death and stuff, save it to your wife if you can. Who care what you think I should or shouldn't do
Yep I'm an internet tough guy. I'll e-knock you feck out laddie!

You post something ridiculous (you even said that you expect a lot of abuse) so don't cry when people actually pull you up on your pathetic line.

fan1996

DIEHARD: Changes support more than his underpants
Yep I'm an internet tough guy. I'll e-knock you feck out laddie!

You post something ridiculous (you even said that you expect a lot of abuse) so don't cry when people actually pull you up on your pathetic line.
Explain to me this: if someone expect a lot of abuse and still do it anyway, why would they cry because of the abuse then?

I have seen you made 34k+ posts so you must be so smart on the internet

SteveJ

Scout
Thanks to jasT1981 (Newbs' forum):

Summit

Explain to me this: if someone expect a lot of abuse and still do it anyway, why would they cry because of the abuse then?

I have seen you made 34k+ posts so you must be so smart
Will I be even smarter when I hit 40k? Do we get smarter the more we post? In which case, I see you have made 638 posts...

El Zoido

Really he's been better under LVG then he was under Moyes for us anyway.
All he is now is a sub that comes on when plan A isn't working, and all we do is ping balls up to him for him to head/chest down. What sort of career is that? He's got more to his game than just being a big target man.

SteveJ

Scout
All he is now is a sub that comes on when plan A isn't working, and all we do is ping ping balls up to him for him to head/chest down. What sort of career is that? He's got more to his game than just being a big target man.
True. It's like being employed as a tea strainer.

Ryan7

Could be Fellaini. Whilst I'm no LVG defender I find Jason Burt's timing a little suspect. I'm assuming he said this after the match finished as I was listening to Five Live in the build up to the game for a while and Burt never said a thing. We just so happen to play bad, and draw 0-0, and Burt comes out with that line. Convenient.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd

Pah. I don't believe that for a second. It was Rooney. Was probably interviewed straight after emerging from a transplant session, with his follicles and whatnot in wild disarray - easy mistake to make. Plus the names: Marrooaney - see the thing?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Got to be Fellaini, he's the only one who's not been getting any good playing time for a while. Even Hererra, Rojo etc are getting games when fit, Rooney is LvG's favorite right now and Mata's been playing more than he ever imagined.

Summit

Can't be Fellaini, as he was just as shite under Moyes for us. In fact, he's played his better football under LvG for us.

SteveJ

Scout
Perhaps it's Fellrooney.

SteveJ

Scout
Didn't Marouane's national team boss say recently that MF couldn't expect to be selected if he wasn't playing regularly?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
@fan1996 You also have the option to regret of your post and admit that you overreacted for a disappointing game,do you really want to support another club?,maybe you are simply angry with them.
JPRouve didn't tell you anything wrong to answer him in that way.

bucky

Carrick? I feel the player will be English? But what do I know...
Yes, IMO it has to be one of the English players or one of the younger players is being stupid. Carrick and Rooney seems the most likely. Considering how Moyes was undermined towards the end, I think this has to be deliberate and just the start. Will be interesting to see if there's more to come.

Didn't Marouane's national team boss say recently that MF couldn't expect to be selected if he wasn't playing regularly?
He did. Don't think it's Fellaini though. It's just not in his character IMO. I think I remember reading an interview of a team-mate, who basically said that Fellaini is relatively shy and van Gaal talked about Fellaini as one player, who always does what he wants from him on the pitch. Doesn't like someone who would do this intentionally or out of frustration.

Listar

Mods, how did this one get promoted? Maybe send him back to the newbies section so he can learn how to post. @fan1996

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Typical fake laugh people often see the office bitches do to please their boss. Who care what you think I should or shouldn't do

Tough internet guy is mixing romance with death and stuff, save it to your wife if you can.
Not 100% sure what your second paragraph means but I'm guessing it is a "your mum" type comment.

Which really isn't needed.

Last edited:

hbgreg

David De Gea with how good the defence has been.

In my opinion this only applies to Schneiderlin.

MDFC Manager

I'm half the supporter I was under SAF.
It's gotta be Rooney, because the quote is a direct steal from his fellow scousers The Beatles:

Suddenly I'm not half the man I used to be
There's a shadow hanging over me
Oh, yesterday came suddenly

...Such an easy game to play
Now I need a place to hide away
Yesterday, seems like half my hair has flown away
Oh, I believe in yesterday...and my legs have buggered off too
Boo hoo
fecking hell :lol:

MDFC Manager

Money's on Rooney, especially the part where he says "it's not fair on me or the fans". Sounds exactly like something that scouse turncoat would say after all the grief he's getting from the latter.
This. It all sounds like excuses, rather than genuine grievances for it to be someone like Mata.

jem

Not sure who apparently said this, but I got me thinking: has any attacking player really flourished since LVG arrived? Martial has looked very promising, but after him, I struggle to think of anyone. Rooney has fallen off a cliff (as did Van Persie in his one season with LVG;) Januzaj has regressed significantly; Di Maria and Falcao were both busts (probably not LVG's fault in the case of Falcao;) Wilson has shown next to nothing; Depay looks awful; Mata looks half the player he was at Chelsea; Fellaini (in so far as he is an attacking player,) has been reduced to the role of long-ball target man (a role I actually think he's not that good at;) Chicharito, Nani, Welbeck and Kagawa (all fairly productive players under SAF - well maybe not Kagawa, but he showed flashes) were sold off or loaned then sold off almost immediately.

Herrera has looked good, so of course he's been an occasional starter at best. Ashley has also improved - he's now a fullback for us most of the time.

One can make excuses for all of the players above not performing, but after a while, a disturbing pattern emerges.