"I'm joining the best club in the world!"

French Henry

RUUD van Nistelrooy fired a parting shot at Manchester United by insisting that Real Madrid are “best club in the world”.

Van Nistelrooy told Real’s website www.realmadrid.com that his “football dream” of joining Real Madrid had “finally become a reality”.

The 30-year-old Holland striker passed a medical today and will sign a three-year deal at the Bernabeu to clinch a reported £11million move from Manchester United.

Van Nistelrooy, who was due to be unveiled by Real at a press conference this evening, added: “It is fantastic to be here. I am very happy to be at the best club in the world where I want to score many goals.

“It is wonderful to be here, it is a fantastic feeling. I am very moved at being presented today and then travelling to Austria (for a pre-season tour).

“To come to Real Madrid is a football dream and it has finally become reality.

Important

“When Real Madrid come looking for you you do not have to think because they are the number one.

“When I look at their history and their players I am very touched because they have any important names.”

The Dutchman is set to link up with former Old Trafford team-mate David Beckham at the Bernabeu - a prospect he is looking forward to.

“When Beckham left Manchester United I was very sad both on a personal level and because of the way we connected on the pitch,” he added.

“They were wonderful times that I hope will now be repeated in Madrid.”

There are host of other star names at Madrid but Van Nistelrooy has singled out one other he has an ambition to play alongside.

“I have a great desire to play with Ronaldo. He is a phenomenon. His goal record speaks for itself,” he added.

On working with new coach Fabio Capello he said: “I’ve always wanted to be able to train with him.

“When I was at PSV he kept trying to sign me. He’s followed me for many years and it’s fantastic that we can now work together.”
Has he even said goodbye or thanked the United supporters yet?

Cantona07

Most Games are played with ONE Ball but the REAL g
Ruud: I'm joining the best

RUUD van Nistelrooy fired a parting shot at Manchester United by insisting that Real Madrid are “best club in the world”.

Van Nistelrooy told Real’s website www.realmadrid.com that his “football dream” of joining Real Madrid had “finally become a reality”.

The 30-year-old Holland striker passed a medical today and will sign a three-year deal at the Bernabeu to clinch a reported £11million move from Manchester United.

Advertisement your story continues below
Van Nistelrooy, who was due to be unveiled by Real at a press conference this evening, added: “It is fantastic to be here. I am very happy to be at the best club in the world where I want to score many goals.

“It is wonderful to be here, it is a fantastic feeling. I am very moved at being presented today and then travelling to Austria (for a pre-season tour).

“To come to Real Madrid is a football dream and it has finally become reality.

Important

“When Real Madrid come looking for you you do not have to think because they are the number one.

“When I look at their history and their players I am very touched because they have any important names.”

The Dutchman is set to link up with former Old Trafford team-mate David Beckham at the Bernabeu - a prospect he is looking forward to.

“When Beckham left Manchester United I was very sad both on a personal level and because of the way we connected on the pitch,” he added.

“They were wonderful times that I hope will now be repeated in Madrid.”

There are host of other star names at Madrid but Van Nistelrooy has singled out one other he has an ambition to play alongside.

“I have a great desire to play with Ronaldo. He is a phenomenon. His goal record speaks for itself,” he added.

On working with new coach Fabio Capello he said: “I’ve always wanted to be able to train with him.

“When I was at PSV he kept trying to sign me. He’s followed me for many years and it’s fantastic that we can now work together.”

:(

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He did not leave on good terms and i think he wanted to move to spain a long time ago, as he took spanish lesson, handed in transfer requests sereral times and in the end fell out with Fergie. But we're thankful that he played for United and i'm sure he appreciated the support he got

French Henry

suresh said:
I thought opposition fans and their wind-ups were not allowed on this forum anymore?
Posting a news article is a wind-up?

You must have to be dosed to the eyeballs with valium and horse-tranquilisers every time you step out the front door.

Cantona07

Most Games are played with ONE Ball but the REAL g
Michel04 said:
He did not leave on good terms and i think he wanted to move to spain a long time ago, as he took spanish lesson, handed in transfer requests sereral times and in the end fell out with Fergie. But we're thankful that he played for United and i'm sure he appreciated the support he got
I doubt he wanted to go to Spain. He was always wanted in Spain but I think he was more happy at United until the Fergie problem

Guvnorgaz

Horse face got it wrong, he has just left the best club in the World, no superstar treatment for him in Spain, he was greeted by one feckin fan at the airport and he was waiting for a taxi

Suresh

Successfully neg-repped Bury Red and all I got was
French Henry said:
Posting a news article is a wind-up?

You must have to be dosed to the eyeballs with valium and horse-tranquilisers every time you step out the front door.
Rubbish. You would never have posted that if you did not see the entertainment value of having a few United fans go bananas. And I suppose no oppo fan has ever denied it was a wind-up after having been found out? Grow up, kid.

oskarutd

Michel04 said:
I´m justing waiting for Uniteds confirmation, wont believe it until then.
If it´s true I look forward to a better forward play from United just as last year with Saha. I think this is a good thing and Ruud should have left 12-18 months ago. With him and Keane gone we will be a much better TEAM and more enjoyable to watch.
His ego was too big for the club and brought embarresment to him in the League Cup final. He always said he loved United and was a passionate supporter. His word today show he wasn´t completly truthful.
But thanks for the good times, Ruud, until then!

quethenoo

Guvnorgaz said:
Horse face got it wrong, he has just left the best club in the World, no superstar treatment for him in Spain, he was greeted by one feckin fan at the airport and he was waiting for a taxi
Give him a break, he did this biz for us, 7-9mil for 150+ goals is a good return IMO. Let him move on and so will we. Best wishes ruudboy.

French Henry

suresh said:
Rubbish. You would never have posted that if you did not see the entertainment value of having a few United fans go bananas. And I suppose no oppo fan has ever denied it was a wind-up after having been found out? Grow up, kid.
:lol:

Epic

Guvnorgaz said:
:lol:

McK@n

40 year old Virgin
I for one thought Real would scrupper their STAR policy. But With Cannavaro, Emerson, Ruud v Nistelrooy they going to be just as shite as they were before. But on the other hand they now have Capello. A non nonsense coach, not afraid to kick out overpaid stars from the team.

As far as Ruud goes, he's a bit of a twat. The supporters love him, still he's been around the Real Madrid camp for quite a long time now. Will-he-or-want-he question has been around for a few years now. Now he got his wish, he's a Real player. All the Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudds won't c(o)unt for nothing.

Players have to understand that the club never owes anything to a player. The player owes the fans and the club everything. It should be a honour to wear the shirt. Ruud never really understood it...

hyder10

ffs people give him a chance he hasnt had the press conference yet.

CheckOne

retired veteran
Best of luck to him. Nobody can argue that he isn't the player he once was for us. A new club and a fresh challenge may sort that out for him.

Thanks for the memories Ruud.

blythy

Fascist Dictator
CheckOne said:
Best of luck to him. Nobody can argue that he isn't the player he once was for us. A new club and a fresh challenge may sort that out for him.

Ditto.

Shame to see him go, but the time is probably right.

mojo

CheckOne said:

Exactly.

VanNistelrater

Poncey film buff
MUFC Champions 2006/2007: Where will the goals com
Agreed with Checkone/Blythy.

However French Henry has a history of thinking he is rather clever and making stories up. No link to this one. I thought all rival fans were banned from here?

No doubt the Ruud-Beckham could be very good for Madrid. Mind you his contribution to Ruuds goal tally was always a bit over-rated.

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
"In the offseason, my mustache drives the Fir
I read this article on TeamTalk. So I believe that's what was said.

But the "best club in the world" comment is the normal thing to say. You really couldn't expect him to say "I'm leaving the best club in the world to play for the second best". The Real fans and the media would crucify him.

Julian Denny

I wonder for how long he has considered RM "the best" ? There's no arguing Ruud's record with us. He's a United legend without any doubt but why did he become disenchanted to the extent that he alienated Fergie who, I am sure, would otherwise have backed him all the way. Perhaps it was the formation he was asked to play in which invariably left him as the lone striker to virtually shoulder the attack on his own. Perhaps it was the lack of service once Becks left. Who knows ?

Stretch

VanNistelrater said:
Agreed with Checkone/Blythy.

However French Henry has a history of thinking he is rather clever and making stories up. No link to this one. I thought all rival fans were banned from here?

No doubt the Ruud-Beckham could be very good for Madrid. Mind you his contribution to Ruuds goal tally was always a bit over-rated.
:rolleyes:

Julian Denny

RedCanadian said:
I read this article on TeamTalk. So I believe that's what was said.

But the "best club in the world" comment is the normal thing to say. You really couldn't expect him to say "I'm leaving the best club in the world to play for the second best". The Real fans and the media would crucify him.
How about "I'm leaving one great club to join another" which is I think what Becks said, more or less.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
It would be wrong to turn on Ruud. There is no doubt he loved playing for United for a number of years, things just turned a little sour, such is life. He did a more than adequate job for us.

I'd like to think he would get a good reception if he were to return to Old Trafford this year with Madrid. He will from me anyway.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He is saying the truth

Harsh but fair

Unfortunately

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Its a little dissapointing of him to say that, but you expect it from most footballers. They all go to Real all star eyed, Beckham was no different. Ruuds success there purely depends on their transfers this summer, which so far have been excellent.

mehro

Ass face
it's the kinda stuff any player would say when moving to a new club. best of luck to ruud hope he scores many goals at real.

leviathan

thanks for the memories ruud, i'll never forget how he kept his cool when hounded by keown, cole, and co.

a year later and he scores the winning penalty against the cnuts..

a finisher par excellence, it was a pleasure watching him play for us.

mehro

Ass face
amolbhatia100 said:
Its a little dissapointing of him to say that, but you expect it from most footballers. They all go to Real all star eyed, Beckham was no different. Ruuds success there purely depends on their transfers this summer, which so far have been excellent.
what do you mean disappointing? what did you expect him to say, that he left the best club and is now going to the second best? what a warm welome he'd get in madrid for that.

Donkey's Ears

thoward said:
The media will probably go on about how much he missed Beckham when Beckham created just 9 of his 80 goals in their 2 season together at United.
Exactly. We missed Beckham so much that season. :boring:

I think Ruud blames Fergie for his loss of form etc. Hence the bitterness.

ruudvanrooney

Suffers Bergkamp syndrome
We have our Premiership trophy back from the Russi
for me his legacy has been a bit soured over the past few weeks but ive not heard any of these comments "from the horses mouth" :D so it may all be bollocks.anyway cheers ruud and may you have much luck in domestic football but i hope you feck up in the cl.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
mehro said:
what do you mean disappointing? what did you expect him to say, that he left the best club and is now going to the second best? what a warm welome he'd get in madrid for that.
He doesnt actually have to say any of that. He could say i'm joining a big club and its an honour. All footballers dont have to be like that, though most of them are.

skillz

Respect to Ruud, he has done well for us, I think despite all that has gone on he has left as smoothly as could be expected

And what else do you expect him to say now he thinks he is going to Madrid