"I'm joining the best club in the world!"

SittingBull

That's great and all, but what is Sergio Canales u
At United, we strive for perfection, and if we fai
I still stick with what i feel, and that is RVN is a typical poacher who relies on good service to flourish with goals. However, with the kind of support Manchester United has always given their strikers during matches, even Darren Bent would not struggle to get us 25goals a season. My bet is for Saha to hit at least 25goals in all competitions and that is taking into consideration that he won't be taking the penalties.

WeasteDevil

Has he gone then?

The press conference was supposed to be 8 minutes ago.

Legend16

Franq said:
Fair point

:lol: That not very intelligent or "grown up" to say when you disagree with someon now is it?
Dont know what you mean mate. I thought it was fairly restrained given your response. anyway glad we could agree on something

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
thoward said:
He certainly couldnt be blamed for Kanchelskis.
Well I don't think we had both sides of the story. And Kanchelskis was just another players who was ill used. Possibly the best winger we've had in recent years, yet continually on the bench - before the word rotation came into play, so in effect, he was dropped.

Bearded but no genius

Livvie said:
Van Nistelrooy - Beckham - Stam - Kanchelskis etc. etc.

They can't all be in the wrong, can they?
Charlie Mitten fecked off to South America because he was getting paid a pittance.

Johnny Giles was unceremoniously shipped off to Leeds after an argument with Busby.

David Gaskell got into arguments over not being selected and was dropped.

Johnny Connelly was sold after an argument with Matt.

Sir Matt wasn't an evil tyrant, was he?

Livvie

Scout
jasonrh said:
Charlie Mitten fecked off to South America because he was getting paid a pittance.

Johnny Giles was unceremoniously shipped off to Leeds after an argument with Busby.

David Gaskell got into arguments over not being selected and was dropped.

Johnny Connelly was sold after an argument with Matt.

Sir Matt wasn't an evil tyrant, was he?
I never said Fergie was.

I just think there are always two sides to a story and don't like to see ex-players who have been good for us, slagged off as though they've become the devil incarnate.

Bearded but no genius

Livvie said:
I never said Fergie was.

I just think there are always two sides to a story and don't like to see ex-players who have been good for us, slagged off as though they've become the devil incarnate.
I don't like to see current managers who have been good for us slagged off as though they've become the devil incarnate.

As you say, there are two sides.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Livvie said:
I never said Fergie was.

Every club loses players though Liv. It just happens

Ruud wanted out, so there wasn't much point keeping him.
It's dissapointing because of how good he's been for us, but under the circumstances (or what we know of them) it's hard to blame anyone

I hope he does well for Real. As Van said, it might just give him the push he needed

Livvie

Scout
jasonrh said:
I don't like to see current managers who have been good for us slagged off as though they've become the devil incarnate.

As you say, there are two sides.
Ruud is the one being slagged off by some in this thread. I said that he shouldn't be and that there are always two sides. If you agree with that, what's the problem? Where did I slag off Fergie?

Bearded but no genius

Livvie said:
Ruud is the one being slagged off by some in this thread. I said that he shouldn't be and that there are always two sides. If you agree with that, what's the problem? Where did I slag off Fergie?
Fergie is being slagged off as well.

The implication in "They can't all be in the wrong, can they?" is that there is something wrong with Fergie.

Please chill out.

Bearded but no genius

Im red2 said:
Ruud will soon realise that the best support he ever had was at Old Trafford, wiat till Ronaldo tells him (or he finds out) how the Madrid fans react after a few bad games.
That's sort of what my wife said when this was locked up.

He'd better start off shit-hot, because they have absolutely no patience whatsoever, and they will boo you off the pitch as soon as look at you. She's the daughter of the son of the son of a son of a Madridista, so she's seen it a lot.

Livvie

Scout
jasonrh said:
Fergie is being slagged off as well.

The implication in "They can't all be in the wrong, can they?" is that there is something wrong with Fergie.

Please chill out.
Please explain something.

I gave my opinion that there are always two sides to a story, and said they can't all be in the wrong. Which they can't. That doesn't mean Fergie was wrong either - it just means, there are two sides to be considered.

You are giving your opinion, in just the same way I did, but you then tell me to chill out...what's the difference between me giving my opinion, and you giving yours? I don't think I actually became hysterical did I?

Please chill out!

kanchelskis14

McK@n said:
I for one thought Real would scrupper their STAR policy. But With Cannavaro, Emerson, Ruud v Nistelrooy they going to be just as shite as they were before. But on the other hand they now have Capello. A non nonsense coach, not afraid to kick out overpaid stars from the team.

As far as Ruud goes, he's a bit of a twat. The supporters love him, still he's been around the Real Madrid camp for quite a long time now. Will-he-or-want-he question has been around for a few years now. Now he got his wish, he's a Real player. All the Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudds won't c(o)unt for nothing.

Players have to understand that the club never owes anything to a player. The player owes the fans and the club everything. It should be a honour to wear the shirt. Ruud never really understood it...
People always fail to understand on here that a player is not obligated to spend 15 years at the club. Ruud deserves no abuse, so what if he wanted to leave? He offered us enough in his time, and now wants to go. It seems any player who wants to leave as opposed to being forced to is a cnut?

And as for Madrid's policy, that is also noncense. Should it be 'signing top players hasn't worked for us, so we should sign rubbish ones?' If Cannavaro or a Ruud is available, clubs should go for such players.

Bearded but no genius

Livvie said:
Please explain something.

I gave my opinion that there are always two sides to a story, and said they can't all be in the wrong. Which they can't. That doesn't mean Fergie was wrong either - it just means, there are two sides to be considered.

You are giving your opinion, in just the same way I did, but you then tell me to chill out...what's the difference between me giving my opinion, and you giving yours? I don't think I actually became hysterical did I?

Please chill out!
They can all be wrong.

I asked you to chill out because you started up with "what's the problem? Where did I slag off Fergie?" when the implication of your comment was that something was wrong with Fergie. I apologise if that's not what you intended, that is certainly how it read to me.

It also read like my response was somehow seen by you as inappropriate when I don't think it was. You seemed like you were getting combative towards me with the "what's the problem" thing. I have no interest in getting into a fight with you. That's why I asked you to please chill out and not take my comment so personally.

Please lets just drop it.

Livvie

Scout
jasonrh said:
They can all be wrong.

I asked you to chill out because you started up with "what's the problem? Where did I slag off Fergie?" when the implication of your comment was that something was wrong with Fergie. I apologise if that's not what you intended, that is certainly how it read to me.

It also read like my response was somehow seen by you as inappropriate when I don't think it was. You seemed like you were getting combative towards me with the "what's the problem" thing. I have no interest in getting into a fight with you. That's why I asked you to please chill out and not take my comment so personally.

Please lets just drop it.
My husband does that.

Has his say and then says he doesn't want to talk about it anymore. It's very annoying. The whole idea of debating, is to debate.

My opinion is that Fergie has not been blameless in the fall-outs with so many players. That doesn't mean I think he is totally at fault either. I just don't like the way players who were once revered by supporters, suddenly become cnuts or suchlike. In fact, I get irritated by the whole lemming syndrome that exists - when players who join us are wonderful, and when they leave they're crap. Some are actually crap to start with! And some are brilliant and deserve some respect.

The intention was to stick up for Ruud here, which might mean pointing out that Fergie isn't always right just because he's Fergie.

You're perfectly at liberty to disagree, and please continue to do so. It's called freedom of speech.

RioNkeanofan

First with the news
Ferguson was reason I left United-Van Nistelrooy
By Mark Elkington

MADRID, July 28 (Reuters) - Dutch striker Ruud van Nistelrooy has said the breakdown of his relationship with manager Alex Ferguson was the reason for him seeking out a move to Real Madrid from Manchester United.
"My relationship with Ferguson had ended which was very painful. He did a lot for me, waiting for me while I was injured then giving me the chance to play and giving me confidence," Van Nistelrooy told a news conference at the Bernabeu on Friday.

"But what happened, happened. A good relationship ended. It was very disappointing for me."

The 30-year-old signed a three-year contract with the Primera Liga club after passing a medical earlier on Friday. No fee was officially disclosed but Spanish media reported it was about 15 million euros ($19.12 million).
Signing Van Nistelrooy for United from PSV Eindhoven had been a personal quest for Ferguson who pressed ahead with the move even after the striker failed a medical in April 2000.

The Dutchman then sustained a serious cruciate ligament injury while training with PSV a few days later but United stood by him and he eventually joined for a then-British record fee of 19 million pounds ($35.39 million) in 2001.
He went on to score 150 goals for the club but fell out of favour at United last season as Ferguson increasingly selected Frenchman Louis Saha to partner Wayne Rooney in attack.
The final straw came, Van Nistelrooy said, with his omission from the team for the League Cup final.

The striker, who scored 20 goals or more in four of his five seasons at Old Trafford, put in a transfer request two weeks ago and Real have beaten Bayern Munich to secure his services.

BROKEN RELATIONSHIP

"I finally decided my time was over after the (League) Cup final," he said. "That was when I became unhappy. It had nothing to do with the club or the fans. It was the relationship with the manager that broke. I thought it was best to leave."

"I had an incredible five years in Manchester and I will always remember my time there and the unconditional support from the fans."
Van Nistelrooy said he did not bear a grudge with Ferguson over the situation.
"I never got to say goodbye to Ferguson but there is plenty of time for that. I owe him a lot and that is why it was so painful."
Looking ahead Van Nistelrooy said he was excited about linking up with former team mate David Beckham.

"It will be great to be reunited with him. I had two years with him at United before he left and I missed him as a person and a player," he said.
"I am keen to come here and to show my qualities."

Real president Ramon Calderon said: "We are delighted to be able complete the signing of another player requested by our coach Fabio Capello. He is a goalscoring machine with great technical abilities, good with his head and both feet.

"This won't be the last time we are up here presenting players. We are making a great effort to construct a winning team to break this run of three seasons without a trophy."

Van Nistelrooy is Real's third signing under their new president following Italy's World Cup-winning captain and defender Fabio Cannavaro and Brazil midfielder Emerson.

The Dutchman now faces the challenge of competing with Raul, Robinho, Julio Baptista, Antonio Cassano and Ronaldo for a place in the Real attack.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/breakingnews/feedstory/0,,-5979505,00.html

RedPhil1957

RioNkeanofan said:
Ferguson was reason I left United-Van Nistelrooy
By Mark Elkington

MADRID, July 28 (Reuters) - Dutch striker Ruud van Nistelrooy has said the breakdown of his relationship with manager Alex Ferguson was the reason for him seeking out a move to Real Madrid from Manchester United.
"My relationship with Ferguson had ended which was very painful. He did a lot for me, waiting for me while I was injured then giving me the chance to play and giving me confidence," Van Nistelrooy told a news conference at the Bernabeu on Friday.

"But what happened, happened. A good relationship ended. It was very disappointing for me."

The 30-year-old signed a three-year contract with the Primera Liga club after passing a medical earlier on Friday. No fee was officially disclosed but Spanish media reported it was about 15 million euros ($19.12 million).
Signing Van Nistelrooy for United from PSV Eindhoven had been a personal quest for Ferguson who pressed ahead with the move even after the striker failed a medical in April 2000.

The Dutchman then sustained a serious cruciate ligament injury while training with PSV a few days later but United stood by him and he eventually joined for a then-British record fee of 19 million pounds ($35.39 million) in 2001.
He went on to score 150 goals for the club but fell out of favour at United last season as Ferguson increasingly selected Frenchman Louis Saha to partner Wayne Rooney in attack.
The final straw came, Van Nistelrooy said, with his omission from the team for the League Cup final.

The striker, who scored 20 goals or more in four of his five seasons at Old Trafford, put in a transfer request two weeks ago and Real have beaten Bayern Munich to secure his services.

BROKEN RELATIONSHIP

"I finally decided my time was over after the (League) Cup final," he said. "That was when I became unhappy. It had nothing to do with the club or the fans. It was the relationship with the manager that broke. I thought it was best to leave."

"I had an incredible five years in Manchester and I will always remember my time there and the unconditional support from the fans."
Van Nistelrooy said he did not bear a grudge with Ferguson over the situation.
"I never got to say goodbye to Ferguson but there is plenty of time for that. I owe him a lot and that is why it was so painful."
Looking ahead Van Nistelrooy said he was excited about linking up with former team mate David Beckham.

"It will be great to be reunited with him. I had two years with him at United before he left and I missed him as a person and a player," he said.
"I am keen to come here and to show my qualities."

Real president Ramon Calderon said: "We are delighted to be able complete the signing of another player requested by our coach Fabio Capello. He is a goalscoring machine with great technical abilities, good with his head and both feet.

"This won't be the last time we are up here presenting players. We are making a great effort to construct a winning team to break this run of three seasons without a trophy."

Van Nistelrooy is Real's third signing under their new president following Italy's World Cup-winning captain and defender Fabio Cannavaro and Brazil midfielder Emerson.

The Dutchman now faces the challenge of competing with Raul, Robinho, Julio Baptista, Antonio Cassano and Ronaldo for a place in the Real attack.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/breakingnews/feedstory/0,,-5979505,00.html

A manager has to make the decisions on team selection, it is rare for the player dropped to be either happy or feel the decision is correct. All Fergie and any good manager would expect is that player both in training and next time he plays try and prove him wrong not sulk, basically not try and then ask to move, but as 2 dutch managers have found that is not the Ruud way.

VoetbalWizard

for all of the players fergie has 'driven' out.....he's done it a pretty good times. kanchelskis, ince, hughes for the 92 kids. stam left, then got hit with a drugs ban. becks left...hasn't won a SINGLE thing since. atleast we've managed a fa cup and a carling cup. And honestly, i think ruud is done as a player. Fergie might not be the most astute at buying these days or in tactics, but he knows when he needs to cut a player out. Keane was the only one he couldn't do it to...and i suspect that'll be the only one ever (well fletcher as well...heh).

mehro

Ass face
Franq said:
First of all, there's no ''best'' club in the world... not united, not madrid, not milan or whatever other club. There's clubs with most supporters, the best financial position, the largest stadium and average attendance but there's no best club. The things he said are normal, every player says these things when joining a new club, so don't slate him for saying those things (like some do).

Second, its ridiculous to suddenly say he's always been a bit of an arrogant twat or that we won't miss him or that he should have left earlier, thats all BS. He's been a wonderfull player for us the past few years scoring lots of needed goals but the thing is that in the team we have right now and the football we've been playing lately he's found it difficult to score the number of goals we expect him to and that SAF seems to almost always systematically destroy relationships with players when he thinks it is time for them to leave....

No player is bigger than the club is something you hear everybody say, that may be true but i think that rule should also apply to the manager....
couldn't agree with you more.

Keilyn27

who's the bigger muppet - ostrich or chicken littl
Elizabeth said:
no they cant Liv,we all know how it is,just because you do well one season failing to live up to it the next can still be your downfall.Isnt it time we removed another consistant under performer of a few years?
I gather that's not a complaint over a player? ;)

It'll be interesting to see how Ruud gets on at Real (who've a multitude of strikers), after all his sale was justified on the grounds that he was over-the-hill and a dressing room cancer. I'm expecting them to at least put up a creditable title challenge given their signings and the astuteness of Capello. Good luck to Ruud, I'll like to see him add some missing medals there.

Legend16

Good luck to him. Things come to an end. Called United "the greatest club" in the press conference. You can see he's sad to go but excited at the thoughts of playing for Real. who would'nt be? Its not like he's moved to somewhere crap and has to lie about how great they are. It was over at United and it was obvious. time to trust Fergie and move on

oskarutd

oskarutd said:
I´m justing waiting for Uniteds confirmation, wont believe it until then.
If it´s true I look forward to a better forward play from United just as last year with Saha. I think this is a good thing and Ruud should have left 12-18 months ago. With him and Keane gone we will be a much better TEAM and more enjoyable to watch.
His ego was too big for the club and brought embarresment to him in the League Cup final. He always said he loved United and was a passionate supporter. His word today show he wasn´t completly truthful.
But thanks for the good times, Ruud, until then!
I´m eating humble pie. Sorry Ruud, your quotes at the time weren´t aqurate. In Ruuds press conference it was clear he felt sorry about leaving us and how his relationship with Sir Alex went sour. He almost called us the greatest club in the world, but stopped at club. Ruud leaving was needed but sad. Thanks for all you service. Welcome back, you´ll be rembered.

reelworld

He's not our player anymore, so I couldn't give a feck what he said about his new club.

That being said, I truly appreciate all the things he's done for us. A worldclass player who show his worth on and off the pitch. Whatever happens between Fergie and him will not change that a bit for me, nor change my respect for him as a person and a player. I wish him all the best in Madrid.

reelworld

RedPhil1957 said:
A manager has to make the decisions on team selection, it is rare for the player dropped to be either happy or feel the decision is correct. All Fergie and any good manager would expect is that player both in training and next time he plays try and prove him wrong not sulk, basically not try and then ask to move, but as 2 dutch managers have found that is not the Ruud way.
We didn't know the details or what being said after the cup final though. Perhaps it's something else, or perhaps the cup final just final straw of what's really happens.

I'm actually pretty happy with the interview, he appreciate the our support and he still have the respect for Fergie and the club.

Davo

I am

As I know more about football than any of you, so can try to educate you...

Lesson 1

- Selling RVN for £11M is not a good move

Red_Molly

Cantona07 said:
I doubt he wanted to go to Spain. He was always wanted in Spain but I think he was more happy at United until the Fergie problem
Ruud asked for a transfer 3 days before last years Cup Final. Good timing that. Just demonstrates where his head was at. Fergie persuaded him to stay. Ruud didn't play particularly well. Fergie started to feel pissed with him.

Nathan

I couldn't believe it when I heard him say this. I would have thought that he would have been more diplomatic, I'm disappointed with his overall statement.

Thank you for the memories, may he play well at Real Madrid.