"I'm joining the best club in the world!"

noodlehair

"It's like..."
French Henry said:
Has he even said goodbye or thanked the United supporters yet?
I don't think he'd have the face to after SAF revealed he'd been lying to us all at this time last year.
Just one of those things. He's been saying things people have told him to say, and it's not painted a good image when looked at in certain lights.

Transfer crap aside, he's done enough for the club to earn the lasting respect of the fans, imo

mehro

Ass face
amolbhatia100 said:
He doesnt actually have to say any of that. He could say i'm joining a big club and its an honour. All footballers dont have to be like that, though most of them are.
what did he do? madrid is the most successful club so he's said nothing wrong. he's happy that his career's getting a fresh start at a great club. he's not chatting shit about utd just praising his new club.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
mehro said:
what did he do? madrid is the most successful club so he's said nothing wrong. he's happy that his career's getting a fresh start at a great club. he's not chatting shit about utd just praising his new club.
Its all fine, i frankly dont care, he's given us 4 or 5 great seasons and always played his heart out. But it would be nice to see one player not go there and kiss ass. Its always the same 'im joining the bestest club in the world eveeeerr!!'

Redfighter

Officially gullible
At the secret training camp for United Militia
mehro said:
He said he was joining the "best" club, not the most successful. We are still the best club if we never win anything again!

Ruud was deliberately having a go if you ask me, but I **** that's his way. He's a legend and deserves our respect for his achievements for the club, not that we won much with him, but he has always come across to me as a bit of an arrogant twat.

thoward

It's not a lisp!
Julian Denny said:
I wonder for how long he has considered RM "the best" ? There's no arguing Ruud's record with us. He's a United legend without any doubt but why did he become disenchanted to the extent that he alienated Fergie who, I am sure, would otherwise have backed him all the way. Perhaps it was the formation he was asked to play in which invariably left him as the lone striker to virtually shoulder the attack on his own. Perhaps it was the lack of service once Becks left. Who knows ?
Beckham only created 9 of Ruuds 80 goals in their 2 years together at United.

Elizabeth

Manageress
Ruud is prob just hoping he will be treated with a bit more respect there than he was here,cast aside when the fancy took the boss.Plenty of new flesh at Real this season,not exactly queueing to join us are they?

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Elizabeth said:
Ruud is prob just hoping he will be treated with a bit more respect there than he was here,cast aside when the fancy took the boss.Plenty of new flesh at Real this season,not exactly queueing to join us are they?
I know you are head over heels sweetheart but I think Ruud is just as bad as Fergie.

Anyway, Madrid have now spent 30m + on players 30 years or older. Hardly 'new flesh'.....

Drifter

American
He's a professional footballer.To him it's just another job to do.

Elizabeth

Manageress
Rams said:
I know you are head over heals sweetheart but I think Ruud is just as bad as Fergie.

Anyway, Madrid have now spent 30m + on players 30 years or older. Hardly 'new flesh'.....
and just how long do you think it will take me to become mod on a madrid site so I can defend him to the hilt contstantly?;)
Ruud was awesome,great player,crowd pleaser all that and that hairy chest :angel:

French Henry

vijay said:
Seriously what can you expect from a professional footballer moving from one top club to another?

French Henry = pedantic WUM.
You're a strange bummer who doesn't know what pedantic means. (was that pedantic?)

VoetbalWizard

if capello plays ronaldo and rvn up top at the same time, he'll have the most immobile striker pairing in the game. add to the fact that there's no zidane now, they lost a key player who helped put throughballs on the ground on a plate for those two. hence why i think capello will play either ruud or ronaldo along with raul. Would be funny if ruud was benched behind ronaldo and threw a tantrum there as well for the same reason he did here, ending up being behind saha.

vijay

Im rude and disprespectful to the ladies of the fo
VoetbalWizard said:
if capello plays ronaldo and rvn up top at the same time, he'll have the most immobile striker pairing in the game. add to the fact that there's no zidane now, they lost a key player who helped put throughballs on the ground on a plate for those two. hence why i think capello will play either ruud or ronaldo along with raul. Would be funny if ruud was benched behind ronaldo and threw a tantrum there as well for the same reason he did here, ending up being behind saha.
Since a player like Emerson is an automatic starter, Capello would stick to a three men midfield without wingers with the fullbacks moving up to provide the width.

So, he might go along with two strikers and they need a player like either Kaka or Fabregas to pull the string behind them or he should play Robhino there.

So Baptista, Beckham, Cincinho and Salgado would be effectively competing for two spots on the right side of the midfield.

Rams

Elizabeth said:
and just how long do you think it will take me to become mod on a madrid site so I can defend him to the hilt contstantly?;)
Ruud was awesome,great player,crowd pleaser all that and that hairy chest :angel:
I remember when he first signed for us…. Over the moon!!! Only then to hear about that knee injury…
When he eventually I was convinced he would be one of Fergie’s best players and he didn’t prove me wrong.
Not sure about his chest though!

Though I genuinely believe that in the past 2 seasons he hasn’t performed to his own high standards for and country. I certainly don’t think it’s a bad deal for the club to sell him, especially since he wanted away over a year ago anyway.

VoetbalWizard

vijay said:
Since a player like Emerson is an automatic starter, Capello would stick to a three men midfield without wingers with the fullbacks moving up to provide the width.

So, he might go along with two strikers and they need a player like either Kaka or Fabregas to pull the string behind them or he should play Robhino there.

So Baptista, Beckham, Cincinho and Salgado would be effectively competing for two spots on the right side of the midfield.
--------------------Casillas--------------------
Cicinho---Cannavaro---Woodgate----??????????
-------Beckham---Emerson---(baptista?)
--------------Raul/Robinho-------------------------
-----Ruud/Ronaldo----------Ronaldo/Raul--------------

i guess that would work. I just can't see Raul but robinho would be very effective in that role i think just behind the forwards so i think ruud will fight with ronaldo for that last spot.

tfreebsred

French Henry said:
Has he even said goodbye or thanked the United supporters yet?
Not that I know of. This is a bit of an unnecessay insult to United IMO. I understand the politics of praising your new club, but he could at least have said that he was joining "one of the biggest clubs". I'd fully expect him to thank the United fans in some way soon.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Maybe he said it because "it's the thing to say" - but maybe he said it because he meant it and he's been disillusioned by United, and this is his way of saying so.

People shouldn't be knocking him for it - no-one knows what went on behind the scenes. Personally, I don't think he ever enjoyed playing on his own up front...his happiest season was the one when he and Ole were the best strike pair in Europe.

Van Nistelrooy - Beckham - Stam - Kanchelskis etc. etc.

They can't all be in the wrong, can they?

Elizabeth

Manageress
no they cant Liv,we all know how it is,just because you do well one season failing to live up to it the next can still be your downfall.Isnt it time we removed another consistant under performer of a few years?

Sad to see Ruud go but its better this way for him and us. He was unhappy, so let him go instead of keeping him here against his will. If his hearts not in it for us then it wont do us any good this season. He will always be remembered as one of our greatest ever strikers.

Rams

Livvie said:
Maybe he said it because "it's the thing to say" - but maybe he said it because he meant it and he's been disillusioned by United, and this is his way of saying so.

People shouldn't be knocking him for it - no-one knows what went on behind the scenes. Personally, I don't think he ever enjoyed playing on his own up front...his happiest season was the one when he and Ole were the best strike pair in Europe.

Nor can Scholes, Giggs, Ole, Eric, etc. etc.

Fergie is a difficult man. But so is Mourihno! Remember Brian Clough?
I think Fergie should have left 2 seasons ago. But it's too late now and we'll just have to make the best of it.
But I don't think that players don't want to play for him.

Anyway, how on earth can real Madrid be the best side in the world? If you think Hollywood is bad...

Franq

First of all, there's no ''best'' club in the world... not united, not madrid, not milan or whatever other club. There's clubs with most supporters, the best financial position, the largest stadium and average attendance but there's no best club. The things he said are normal, every player says these things when joining a new club, so don't slate him for saying those things (like some do).

Second, its ridiculous to suddenly say he's always been a bit of an arrogant twat or that we won't miss him or that he should have left earlier, thats all BS. He's been a wonderfull player for us the past few years scoring lots of needed goals but the thing is that in the team we have right now and the football we've been playing lately he's found it difficult to score the number of goals we expect him to and that SAF seems to almost always systematically destroy relationships with players when he thinks it is time for them to leave....

No player is bigger than the club is something you hear everybody say, that may be true but i think that rule should also apply to the manager....

thoward

It's not a lisp!
Livvie said:

He certainly couldnt be blamed for Kanchelskis.

Elizabeth

Manageress
Franq said:
Second, its ridiculous to suddenly say he's always been a bit of an arrogant twat or that we won't miss him or that he should have left earlier, thats all BS. He's been a wonderfull player for us the past few years scoring lots of needed goals but the thing is that in the team we have right now and the football we've been playing lately he's found it difficult to score the number of goals we expect him to and that SAF seems to almost always systematically destroy relationships with players when he thinks it is time for them to leave....

No player is bigger than the club is something you hear everybody say, that may be true but i think that rule should also apply to the manager....
Top post,we will will miss Ruud much more than he will miss us .

Legend16

Disappointed with Ruud saying what he has. Should have stuck to the Becks "one great club to another" line. What he has said is a pathetic little dig and shows he does'nt actually care about the club or the supporters.

Bad form Ruud:nono:

Franq

Legend16 said:
Disappointed with Ruud saying what he has. Should have stuck to the Becks "one great club to another" line. What he has said is a pathetic little dig and shows he does'nt actually care about the club or the supporters.

Bad form Ruud:nono:
oh come on, Ruuds been praising United, SAF and United supporters non stop for the last five years, now he joins another club and you expect him to continu that? Nonsense, he's been a gentlemen off the pitch in his time with United always showing his love for the club and its supporters and history, and he's been a prolific goal scorer for us on the pitch. He broke numerous records and he should be remembered as a great United player..., so please stop talking this BS ...

Legend16

Franq said:
oh come on, Ruuds been praising United, SAF and United supporters non stop for the last five years, now he joins another club and you expect him to continu that? Nonsense, he's been a gentlemen off the pitch in his time with United always showing his love for the club and its supporters and history, and he's been a prolific goal scorer for us on the pitch. He broke numerous records and he should be remembered as a great United player..., so please stop talking this BS ...
Nobodys saying anything about his contribution to the team since he arrived. Maybe you should read the post before you respond. But he has been going on for years about how much the club and the fans mean to him. also how he was at the best club in the world. Turns out he's been trying to move for ages and is coming out with statements he knows will hurt the fans and give other fans a chance to have a go. that is bad form!!!

other than that he is a top player and was great to have at the club. consider the argument before calling it bullshit will ye. its more grown up