g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

I'm worried about Rashford

Deleted member 101472

Januzaj is a potential worldie and I stand by my statement. I never thought Macheda as that. I thought Macheda could develop into a really good player for us but nothing close to the feeling I had from Januzaj.

FFS he was 18! He carried us for those games he was involved in. He was a constant threat. He attracted the likes of PSG and international teams were fighting over him. How can you argue his first season wasn't special? Watch how he tore through defences at that age and tell me it wasn't special.

Again, how much playing time did he get at Dortmund? How much of it was sub appearences?

Quoted you on that.
I'm not saying that he didnt show flashes of brilliance in that first season ( although it was mostly against the smaller teams) but he just hasnt kicked on or showing any indication that he will kick on. He's been on the training grounds of Utd, Dortmund and Belgium and in the past few years not one of those sides managers have seen enough from him to justify a place in a starting line-up.

CS@SG

Januzaj is a potential worldie and I stand by my statement. I never thought Macheda as that. I thought Macheda could develop into a really good player for us but nothing close to the feeling I had from Januzaj.

FFS he was 18! He carried us for those games he was involved in. He was a constant threat. He attracted the likes of PSG and international teams were fighting over him. How can you argue his first season wasn't special? Watch how he tore through defences at that age and tell me it wasn't special.

Again, how much playing time did he get at Dortmund? How much of it was sub appearences?

Quoted you on that.
In the 1st place why did he choose Dortmund while it was almost certain that he would have game times at any other Epl clubs or dutch league. My impression on this loan deal is that he see himself too highly and he has a lousy agent.

Anyway this thread is about Rashford.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I'm not saying that he didnt show flashes of brilliance in that first season ( although it was mostly against the smaller teams) but he just hasnt kicked on or showing any indication that he will kick on. He's been on the training grounds of Utd, Dortmund and Belgium and in the past few years not one of those sides managers have seen enough from him to justify a place in a starting line-up.
There are reasons to why he hasn't kicked off. The biggest one being that he isn't getting any game time. Van Gaal selected Depay ahead of Januzaj several times.

In the 1st place why did he choose Dortmund while it was almost certain that he would have game times at any other Epl clubs or dutch league. My impression on this loan deal is that he see himself too highly and he has a lousy agent.

Anyway this thread is about Rashford.
It is but someone said that this mental ability thing is what sets apart the Rashfords from the Januzaj's. I found that a bit silly considering at 18 Januzaj was mentally very strong. Not long ago he was the darling of this forum and people weren't willing to accept any money from PSG.

As for the loan deal, I don't know. That Dortmund loan idea was a failure but that doesn't change the player's quality.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
We finished 7th. Our lowest finish in PL history. He did not carry us, he had maybe 5 good games at the most and has been deemed surplus to requirements ever since, both at us and dortmund. If he was good enough, we'd know by now.

If Januzaj ever gets near the ballon d'or shortlist, I will donate $1000 to the caf
Can I borrow your ferrari..

OL29

and Kiko Macheda was the second coming of Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Hate this comparison, Macheda impressed in a couple of sub appearances, Januzaj impressed consistently over a matter of months.

It's fair to say januzaj hasn't lived up to the billing so far and there's serious question marks over whether he ever will but it's unfair the way people are rewriting history about his debut season. His talent and mentality seemed to be top drawer.

Distracted Steward

Base on my knowledge, a typical kind of forward/striker in Jose's setup is like Ibra, Drogba, Costa, Benzema. They are big, strong, can bully defenders easily. Other players play the ball to their head, chest, for them to distribute to teammates who run.

However, Rashford is not like that. To me, he is very much like the Aguerro kind, who runs a lot, runs into space, and dribble a lot. Teammates will typically play the ball for them to run, to chase, rather than play to their head or chest.

So, when Jose said Rashford is in his plan, I really wonder, how will Jose play Rashford?
Didn't José personally meet with Rashford? I suspect Rashford is in his plans. Baring a major regression (a la Januzaj), I don't see José cutting bait with the kid anytime soon.

prarek

I think if he's not on Jose's immediate plans he should be loaned out to a good club so he can get regular time and hone his craft.

XdanielredX

I'm a bit worried for him starting up front. He will play when Ibra is rested and in cup game etc however he can still play on the right, and also in behind Ibra and have an impact.

He has played on the left and right for s before and played on the left for England and in both cases still impressed with his dribbling and penetration, I believe he is good enough and will get chances to prove himself.... I just hope other youth players are afforded the same chances he was...

XdanielredX

REVEALED: Jose Mourinho made secret visit to Manchester United stars at England camp before Euro 2016 to outline his blueprint for attacking new style

Jose Mourinho laid down his vision for Manchester United during a secret trip to England’s pre-European Championship camp.

Sportsmail understands he made sure to see United’s trio in Roy Hodgson’s 23-man squad - captain Wayne Rooney, teenage sensation Marcus Rashford and central defender Chris Smalling.

The four linked up at St George’s Park before England embarked on an ultimately disappointing campaign, which ended in humiliation against Iceland on Monday night.

The meeting acted as an informal introduction to what Mourinho envisages to achieve in the North West - and how he will go about implementing that.

Rooney was key to the discussions, with his new boss keen to indicate he intends to break the shackles and allow United to entertain, something to have gone missing under Louis van Gaal last year.

Mourinho stressed to all three they are central to his plans as he starts a job he has coveted for some while.

Good news for Rashford if true.

I just hope he sees Rashfords rise as a reason to give other youth a go too, not just use him as he is now a well known talent.

Bruno8

Rashford should start half of the PL games including at least 4 of the big games. If he played well last season why should he not do it next season? Problem is people will criticise his performance if their Hollywood players dont start even if he plays well and that might influence the coach's decisions. The opposite could be true as the new Manager might wan to prove he can have faith in young players. Lets hope it willbe the latter

The United

Rashford should start half of the PL games including at least 4 of the big games. If he played well last season why should he not do it next season? Problem is people will criticise his performance if their Hollywood players dont start even if he plays well and that might influence the coach's decisions. The opposite could be true as the new Manager might wan to prove he can have faith in young players. Lets hope it willbe the latter
IMO, the club have no doubt told Jose what kind of stuff they expect from him. Which might mean behave and bring youths if he sees it fit etc. Jose might come as a big name and good manager but he is no saf. No one is. And We are United. Not Chelsea or even madrid, no offense.

Everyone thought LVG would go insane at United with his character. He hardly did and behaved surprisingly well in general. I think he did because the club told him to.

Womp

idiot
IMO, the club have no doubt told Jose what kind of stuff they expect from him. Which might mean behave and bring youths if he sees it fit etc. Jose might come as a big name and good manager but he is no saf. No one is. And We are United. Not Chelsea or even madrid, no offense.

Everyone thought LVG would go insane at United with his character. He hardly did and behaved surprisingly well in general. I think he did because the club told him to.
Doubt it, it was probably due to the fact that he was a burnt out old man who had no-one to blame for our dire football but himself. The media were relentless with him and he was hard done trying to find excuses to justify his rubbish.

SomeRandomPerson

Oh come off it, mate. No one will criticize him if he plays as well as he has been playing thus far. Also, I don't think he should start half the PL games (given Zlatan does well). The obvious theme you would've noticed in Mourinho and Ibrahimovic's interviews with MUTV is that it's time we forget the last 3 years, we're here to win. It's not a 3-year "process" anymore. If Zlatan lives up to expectation, there's a chance he could drive us to the title, and I think we should take it. I fully expect Zlatan (again, I stress if he does well) to start around 30 games as the striker. Now, this is not to say we let Rashford spend the season on the bench: he should be first choice in the Europa League and the cup competitions, and I hope he gets to start 5-10 games in PL as a striker, plus appearances as a sub where Zlatan gets subbed off or Rashford gets to play in a front two with Zlatan, plus any other games where we can accomodate him out wide.

To just put him up front for 19 games without consideration for circumstance is just a waste of a chance to win the league in the hope that we MAY win it with Rashford 2-3 years down the line. For all the talk of the "United way" and backing our own, giving up a chance to win now in the hope that we win later is something Fergie wouldn't have done.

sully1

All the signings and Mourinho on one side, Im looking forward to seeing Marcus Rashfords full first season. Just feels like we have something special in our hands, haven't felt like this about a player since seeing CR7 in a red shirt.