In Memoriam: Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II (feat. Gameweek 8)

Deery

Dreary
What was he thinking though, must be some bad blood between the two because that was just crazy!

mu4c_20le

Is that the bar for a malicious tackle? Whether or not the fouled player is alive?
If there was intent, he'd be en route to the hospital right now with broken ribs. Quite obvious the player tried going for the ball and pulled out at the last second, think thats what the commentator meant. Still a red of course.

Teja

Shit challenge and definite red but I assume it wasn't that painful for Grealish. Studs grazed his stomach and thigh, it wasn't a kung fu kick straight into the stomach.

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
Shit challenge and definite red but I assume it wasn't that painful for Grealish. Studs grazed his stomach and thigh, it wasn't a kung fu kick straight into the stomach.
Huh?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Tell me you've never had your stomach grazed by studs without telling me you've never had your stomach grazed by studs.

TsuWave

what is it? like 4 weeks without United in the league - and having to watch City/Haaland and hearing the commentators talking about "they're close to perfection"

surely this is purgatory

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
The thread title - please, this cannot be allowed here. For gods sake someone has passed away, this is not right mods. I know this poster has a longstanding history here, but this is not right. I can't be the only one that thinks this?

90 + 5min

Does City have someone injured? First time seeing their teamsheet, and bench strikes rather weak compared to their previous seasons.
They are great team. BUT I do wonder what happens when Haaland gets injuried? And he will looking at previous seasons. They are big in numbers in their defensive but they lack firepower once Haaland gets injuried because team is setup to play to his strenght. That is difference to previous Guardiola teams.

PoTMS

A Rodri/De Bruyne/Haaland red card wouldn't go amiss. I wonder who they have next in the league.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Grealish rolls about like that when someone clips his heels. It’s hard to tell what’s genuine.

It’s hilarious that he claimed injury to avoid facing Almiron and Newcastle though. Speaks volumes about him.

ekestubbe

The thread title - please, this cannot be allowed here. For gods sake someone has passed away, this is not right mods. I know this poster has a longstanding history here, but this is not right. I can't be the only one that thinks this?
Care to explain what is wrong with it? In memorian means in memory of doesn't it?

Teja

Tell me you've never had your stomach grazed by studs without telling me you've never had your stomach grazed by studs.
Oh no I agree it was painful but a kungfu kick into the stomach would be a lot worse.

Just saying the red was for potential damage because he endangered the opponent than the actual damage he caused.

You have a bunch of challenges with similar force grazing the calves, thighs etc without reds.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
The main photo on the BBC site doesn’t even look like studs. His foot turned away.

Still a red.

PoTMS

Oh no I agree it was painful but a kungfu kick into the stomach would be a lot worse.

Just saying the red was for potential damage because he endangered the opponent than the actual damage he caused.

You have a bunch of challenges with similar force grazing the calves, thighs etc without reds.
Agreed. Below the eyes is fair game for grazing.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Stewart Gardner has left united, Right ? He is doing the commentary in this match.

padr81

Supports
Man City
10 Portugal players on the pitch in and EPL game. 4 Englishmen.