Inbetweeners

Pancho123

Not sure if there's a thread about this show already, but cudnt be arsed looking to see if there was!! Inbetweeners - didnt bother watching it when the series was on TV. But my mate told me it was good so i bought the first series yesterday and its feckin quality! Some absolutely hilarious lines in it. Will and Jay are heroes! So glad i decided to watch it. Only shame was that there's only 6 episodes. Second series is out in May and cant wait! Anyone else watch it?

Brophs

The One and Only
Aye, it's not bad. Complete rip-off of the Gervais/Merchant style of humour, but it's done well. The bit where the lad screams at his mate's 'gay' dad is hilarious.

Pancho123

Haha!! Yeah that's a brilliant scene. Love the bit where Will is organiser for the prom and feels like he's got enough authority to say 'Thanks Phil' to the head of year. Class!!

Scholesgoals

the main character guy simon was in the year above me at my school.

The drama teacher we had at the time told him he was shit!

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Was it the last in the series tonight? Sucks how a UK series is only 6 episodes :(

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I caught up with Series 1 and 2 yesterday and watched the finale tonight, good stuff.

Biscuit1871

Am I right in thinking a new series is starting tonight, or have I been conned?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Summer is the worst time for most media, except movies maybe. Games, music and TV all dry up.

Boothy

Aye, there's gonna be a film where they all go to Ibiza, sure they confirmed it on soccer AM a while back.

fecking love the show though :lol:

MG

Not my thing. Quite funny I guess, it made me smile, but this type of 'nerdy kid tries to fit in' comedy has been done a million times before. Not exactly original, and too many cliches to count.

MJLD

That's strange, I found it quite original and different to other things. Perhaps that's because I don't watch much TV though.

MG

That's strange, I found it quite original and different to other things. Perhaps that's because I don't watch much TV though.
I don't watch much TV either but I've seen the whole 'nerdy kid is picked on and tries to fit in with the cool kids, awkward moments, tricks played on the nerdy kid, sex jokes etc' a million times before.

It is quite funny, don't get me wrong, but it's definitely not original. Only in my opinion.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I think it's the interaction between the four of them that makes it great. Usually with what MrsG says it's just one kid trying to fit in. This is four of them, one of which thinks he's cool but isn't (Jay).

Anyway, looking forward to this tonight.

MG

I think it's the interaction between the four of them that makes it great. Usually with what MrsG says it's just one kid trying to fit in. This is four of them, one of which thinks he's cool but isn't (Jay).

Anyway, looking forward to this tonight.
A good point. They do interact well and the 4 leads are good actors.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
The most refreshing aspect of this student comedy is that it's set in England, rather than the frat style of the USA. Last comedy to really concentrate on students was the Young Ones and that hardly concentrated on college/uni life.

It's fairly hard to be original, especially in comedy.

MG

The most refreshing aspect of this student comedy is that it's set in England, rather than the frat style of the USA. Last comedy to really concentrate on students was the Young Ones and that hardly concentrated on college/uni life.

It's fairly hard to be original, especially in comedy.
Skins?

Although I fecking hated that personally.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Skins?

Although I fecking hated that personally.
Skins was shit, I could never get it. It seemed to be about 'let's see what doom and gloom we can create for emo kids' rather than being funny. I love The Inbetweeners, can't wait for new season tonight. Jay's dad is awesome, 'Jay's already harpooned himself a whale.'

MG

Skins was shit, I could never get it. It seemed to be about 'let's see what doom and gloom we can create for emo kids' rather than being funny. I love The Inbetweeners, can't wait for new season tonight. Jay's dad is awesome, 'Jay's already harpooned himself a whale.'
Never bothered myself with Skins, was shit.
Yeah, it was all posh kids with rich parents seeing how 'outrageous' they could be. Look, we have parties and have sex!1!! Oh WOW. That's so CRAZY. I bet afterwards you go home to your manors and go fox hunting and shooting with daddy and play billiards or whatever.

And it gave the impression that emos can be considered cool. Emos are never cool. Emos are lame, end of story.