Inbetweeners

MJLD

I never watched Skins, don't think I would have liked it personally; constant analysis of the opening 5 minutes in Media Studies was enough for me.

Is it going to be on Channel 4 or E4?
E4 I think.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I don't watch much TV either but I've seen the whole 'nerdy kid is picked on and tries to fit in with the cool kids, awkward moments, tricks played on the nerdy kid, sex jokes etc' a million times before.

It is quite funny, don't get me wrong, but it's definitely not original. Only in my opinion.
The thing is, it's not supposed to be original. It's supposed to be relatable. It's essentially telling the story of a hefty majority of kids that age in the UK, mucking about, thinking about sex way too much and being embarrassed an awful lot. When you've got Skins making it look like everyone of College age is addicted to crack and has sex at will, it's good to see a program that's about normal kids, that is also very funny, which is what the Inbetweeners is. I actually read an article by one of the creators yesterday, and much like with Peep Show, a lot of the stuff that happens in it has happened to one of the two writers (the yellow car, the "FRIEND! FRIEND!" bit, the statement of love written on a car drive, etc).

Looking forward to it anyway. Sounds like this is the last series, with a film afterwards.

Ceks

Prefers em hot, and spicy
“We must respect the other fellow’s religion, but
The thing is, it's not supposed to be original. It's supposed to be relatable. It's essentially telling the story of a hefty majority of kids that age in the UK, mucking about, thinking about sex way too much and being embarrassed an awful lot. When you've got Skins making it look like everyone of College age is addicted to crack and has sex at will, it's good to see a program that's about normal kids, that is also very funny, which is what the Inbetweeners is. I actually read an article by one of the creators yesterday, and much like with Peep Show, a lot of the stuff that happens in it has happened to one of the two writers (the yellow car, the "FRIEND! FRIEND!" bit, the statement of love written on a car drive, etc).

Looking forward to it anyway. Sounds like this is the last series, with a film afterwards.
Good post.

I rate this show. Skins was wank.

Sw33t

Can't wait for the Inbetweeners tonight, love the show and always have. Neil makes my sides split with laughter.

Neil: "He rubbed my legs"
Jay: "That's what you get for leading on Peados you slut!"

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
I hate those retard ad things directly before and after the proper ads.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I started to watch this, and then TVCatchup died. Oh well, it was only 2minutes in and he was already starting to annoy me anyway

Sw33t

:lol:

I couldn't stop laughing the whole time he was parading it about.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I burst out laughing at the bollock bit :lol: Didn't expect it to be so graphic.

Dave89

Missus rang for a chat at 10.01. Couldn't get her off the phone. Usually I can't get a hold of her.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Watching it on plus one.. hoping this bollock scene lies up to expectation!

MJLD

Just watched it, thought it was a good episode, but not the best.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Didn't laugh once. Not even a smile.

Zebs

You were one of two who asked why. You even searched my name. Solius fancies me!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I found that thread while looking for another actually and just thought to bump it.

Zebs

How do you know he did that?
I just presume he did. Well unless he searched through pages and pages of threads to find the only "FAO cold-zebra" one.

Zebs

I found that thread while looking for another actually and just thought to bump it.
Lies. :mad:

Anyway, yeh, Inbetweeners was shite.

Ubik

Diana joke - tastelessly brilliant opening to a series.

RK

The Diana joke was a bit shit, looking back it was too set-up. It's like they worked backwards from the punchline and started with something that didn't make loads of sense.

I enjoyed the episode though.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Liked the older series....didn't find this remotely funny.

Set up/obvious gags...relied too much on the characters being a cliche of themselves and/or too stupid..and the ball out scene?..Well I must be missing something cos to me that was simply a slapstick knob gag with no relevance to anything else in the episode, used cos they couldn't think of anything else to do. I smiled about twice the whole thing and, as I said, I liked the earlier series.

Disappointing

Ubik

The Diana joke was a bit shit, looking back it was too set-up. It's like they worked backwards from the punchline and started with something that didn't make loads of sense.

I enjoyed the episode though.
Never!

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Really enjoyed the episode as per usual.

The show after it had a couple of interesting up-and-coming comedy actors, sadly they all seem to be that age (13-16) where no matter how hard you try you're still terribly unfunny.