Incident on London Bridge

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
There have been mass complaints about Al Muhajiroon and their different guises from Muslims over many years. We've had threads in the CE forum where I and others were ranting about this group. I had an altercation with one their members on Tottenham Court Rd whilst he was distributing leaflets many years back and was threatened by him verbally. Unfortunately, they have always stayed on the right side of the law and used UK's liberal values to their advantage in avoiding arrest.
:lol: That you in blue @Sultan?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
:lol: That you in blue @Sultan?

:smirk: Close

That Twitter account is an excellent narrative of the issues Muslims encountered when complaining about the group. When so many complaints from all angles were not heeded it got to the point where conspiracies began to circle. Many felt the government, media and the police were giving tacit encouragement to this group to give Muslims bad press.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

That Twitter account is an excellent narrative of the issues Muslims encountered when complaining about the group. When so many complaints from all angles were not heeded it got to the point where conspiracies began to circle. Many felt the government, media and the police were giving tacit encouragement to this group to give Muslims bad press.
I think they just about managed to stay on the right side of the law, but I wouldn't be surprised if the authorities were content to have Choudary at least left on the street in order to keep tabs on the individuals he was associating with.

Absolutely no excuse for the amount of media coverage the group got though, and not just in the U.K. Choudary was on FOX a few times and he was once introduced on Ireland's RTE as "an Imam...a leader of the [Muslim] community".

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40168526

As far as I'm concerned, anyone waving an IS flag is dangerous. That should be all that is necessary to take action. No peaceful person would do such a thing.
The thing is that flag was considered the flag of Islam prior to ISIS so in itself it doesn't merely represent ISIS. Islamic groups like Al-Mahajaroon and HT were donning the flag prior to ISIS existence.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Just found out an old friend was there during the attacks.

He kept that quiet

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
This is good. Hopefully this sentiment will catch on.

Also, hopefully this is very publicized to answer those who always ask "but what are mainstream Muslims doing...?"
I wouldn't hold my breath and neither should you.

kps88

So out of the three attackers, one was on a local watchlist while the other on a Schengen watchlist. And authorities were warned about both publically expressing extremist views. It's slightly comforting to know these guys aren't smart enough to keep a low profile and don't just come out of nowhere.

Anustart89

The thing is that flag was considered the flag of Islam prior to ISIS so in itself it doesn't merely represent ISIS. Islamic groups like Al-Mahajaroon and HT were donning the flag prior to ISIS existence.
And prior to the Nazis, the swastika wasn't a symbol of hate, but I'd still consider anyone waving a Nazi flag dangerous.

Dan

I've checked with @Damien whether this video of the terrorists being shot dead can be posted.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

It's getting to the point where I'm asking that why isn't everyone else doing as much as the UK Muslim community to stop this form of terrorism?

Nucks

RT History Department
It's literally an islamic war flag. It's a copy of the flag that Muhammed allegedly used. It is directly inspired by the concept of battle banners used for military coordination back in the sword and shield choppy choppy days. The Romans marched with eagle standards. The eagle standard was basically the mascot/symbol of a legion. The arabs copied the idea, and the black battle banner or black eagle I think it is, is literally an Arab/Islamic version of a Roman eagle standard.

Of course its been appropriated by ISIS and other terrorist organizations.

Rooney24

quickly dusted. Very good.
I know its been mentioned in the press and elsewhere but honestly from 8 minutes to getting the call to taking them out is really incredible and while praised still doesnt get the praise it truly deserves.

Outstanding.

Heardy

You can make an argument that it is disrespectful given that a minute's silence was held, and it could be easily honoured, but we are back to the whole do Western countries honour any attack in the ME region? If England were playing the US and there had been an explosion a week before in Iraq, there wouldn't likely be a minutes silence....

Had they been playing England, I reckon they would have honoured it, but a match between Aus and Saudi has little / no direct reference to London.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
You can make an argument that it is disrespectful given that a minute's silence was held, and it could be easily honoured, but we are back to the whole do Western countries honour any attack in the ME region? If England were playing the US and there had been an explosion a week before in Iraq, there wouldn't likely be a minutes silence....

Had they been playing England, I reckon they would have honoured it, but a match between Aus and Saudi has little / no direct reference to London.
But there was a minute silence. And they showed complete disrespect. Could they have not stayed on the sidelines and respected what was happening? Could they have not joined in anyway? And there is a direct reference, since Australians were caught up in what happened in London.

No excuses.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal

It was in AUS. If England played in Saudi and didn't honour their dead in a similar manner it would be rightly considered insensitive. Given it's terror they nationally export you could argue they're standing with the terrorists pretty much. They should be fined and banned but it won't happen with all the

Also the DM quoting a Shia Imam stirring things, but is it far from the truth?

Shia imam Sheikh Mohammad Tawhidi told Daily Mail Australia the Saudi Arabian team's decision not to participate in the minute of silence was not about the minute itself, but about the people who were being mourned.

'[Muslims] regularly mourn over a person if a leader dies or if there is an attack of some kind,' he said.

'They did not stop for a moment of silence because according to Wahhabi Islam - which governs Saudi Arabia - it is not wrong or a sin for a Muslim to kill a non-Muslim. In their eyes the attackers are martyrs who are going to paradise.

'If they stand for a minute of silence, they are against their Muslim brothers who fought for jihad and fought the “infidels”.

He noted this may not be the personal view of every player within the team, but they would have been 'ridiculed' in Saudi Arabia had they commemorated the victims of the London terrorist attack.

Heardy

But there was a minute silence. And they showed complete disrespect. Could they have not stayed on the sidelines and respected what was happening? Could they have not joined in anyway? And there is a direct reference, since Australians were caught up in what happened in London.

No excuses.
Agree it is disrespectful and apologies, I had forgotten that a couple of Australian ladies were killed in London - hadn't realised that link when I posted.

Not trying to make excuses for their behaviour either.

Redlambs

Agree it is disrespectful and apologies, I had forgotten that a couple of Australian ladies were killed in London - hadn't realised that link when I posted.

Not trying to make excuses for their behaviour either.
My apologies, I wasn't suggesting you were making excuses, more that there are none. No doubt they'll have some, but after all the good stuff @Sultan has shown us lately, this sort of thing will once again bring negativity.

I'm actually intrigued as to the real reason why they didn't honour it.

izec

My apologies, I wasn't suggesting you were making excuses, more that there are none. No doubt they'll have some, but after all the good stuff @Sultan has shown us lately, this sort of thing will once again bring negativity.

I'm actually intrigued as to the real reason why they didn't honour it.
Isnt it obvious? The Imam above said it.

'They did not stop for a moment of silence because according to Wahhabi Islam - which governs Saudi Arabia - it is not wrong or a sin for a Muslim to kill a non-Muslim. In their eyes the attackers are martyrs who are going to paradise.

'If they stand for a minute of silence, they are against their Muslim brothers who fought for jihad and fought the “infidels”.

Redlambs

I'm not going to go off a Daily Mail report.

I'd rather someone who actually knows about this clarifies it.

NinjaFletch

I feel like I can't be the only one who's only thought with the video above is what happened to the guy getting stabbed at the start of it? Doesn't seem to be anything about him.

Sultan

There are hundreds of thousands of non-Muslims working and doing business in Saudi. They are some of the closest allies to the West. To say they didn't observe the silence is due to what some claim is plainly wrong.

If anything the Muslim world is critical of Saudi monarchy for being too close to the West and accuse them of creating divisions amongst various Muslim groups around the world.

There is no minutes silence culturally or religiously ever observed in any Muslim country for any atrocities, anywhere. Muslim or non-Muslim. Our way is to pray at funerals, have prayers at Mosques or pray for the deceased individually.

There have been hundreds of thousands of Muslims killed over the last few decades and there has never been a minutes silence in any Muslim country.

Last edited:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I appreciate that a minutes silence might not be something which happens in Saudi Arabia but these players don't live in a vacuum and according to the BBC report, Saudi players have previously respected silences for other events.

Sultan

So much for respecting other people's cultures then. It's a bit archaic to show disrespect just because they don't do minutes silences themselves.
I agree.

I read somewhere they have made an unreserved apology.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Did people actually consider this guy a hero?

You don't really need to read beyond "f*ck you I'm Millwall" to know what kind of character you're dealing with.

There was a story of a police officer who got himself stabbed multiple times and nearly died after taking on the attackers with a stick just to try and stop them and give people a chance to get away. He managed to occupy all three of them and knock one to the ground until the other two rushed in, so probably did save lives.

Meanwhile this bellend is given £50,000 as a reward for literally being an idiotic thug who saw a chance for a fight.