India politics thread

RedDevil@84

Da feck is happening there

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/8-e...st-sentence-4516004#pfrom=home-ndtv_topscroll

Eight former Indian Navy personnel have been handed death penalty in Qatar. Calling the judgement "shocking", the foreign ministry said it would not comment given the "confidential nature of proceedings" but assured that it would contest the judgment.

The men, including decorated officers who once commanded major Indian warships, were working for Dahra Global Technologies and Consultancy Services, a private firm that provided training and related services to Qatar's armed forces. Sources said some of them were working on a highly sensitive project -- Italian technology-based midget submarines with stealth characteristics. Reports claim they have been accused of spying.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This guy (Modi that is) really is some Cnut of the highest order.

My favourite bit was him forcing Rohit's hand out of his pocket so that he can hold it

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
My favourite bit was him forcing Rohit's hand out of his pocket so that he can hold it
:lol: Yes, he pulls hand out and then says desh dekh raha hai. That moment sums him / them up perfectly.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
This guy (Modi that is) really is some Cnut of the highest order.

It's like the time Macron turned up at the football world cup final, same reaction from the players.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
if this is true, i don't understand - doing it in canada or even uk is one thing, us is another. we're trying to be equal to saudi, not sure we're there yet!

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
if this is true, i don't understand - doing it in canada or even uk is one thing, us is another. we're trying to be equal to saudi, not sure we're there yet!
It's hubris. And complete idiocy.

Raking up dead issues and dead movements is these moron's forte. Zero other contribution to this country in the last decade.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
By the way, is this place not still completely filled with sanghi idiots? Noticing many jumping the ship.

amolbhatia50k

By the way, is this place not still completely filled with sanghi idiots? Noticing many jumping the ship.
Thankfully not. Although its quiet here, it seems there aren’t many andhbhakts populating / polluting the forum these days.

The reality in India itself and the majority of the narrative in WhatsApp groups and social media is sadly very different. Really feels like living in an alternate reality where everybody’s lost their minds and moral compass’ with it.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
400+ LS seats next year then?
BJP swept all these states (MP, Raj, Ch, winning 62 of 65 seats) in 2019 despite Cong winning all of three state elections in 2018. Just confirms total stranglehold in Hindi belt, and will allow more religion and bulldozer politics on the ground there.
I guess it boosts their confidence and more uncertain voters, whoever they are, will switch to them. Which could play a role in Bengal and Maharashtra, the 2 places remaining to conquer fully.

amolbhatia50k

Not sure but them continuing in power appears to be a forgone conclusion. Yesterday’s results show that the Hindi heartland can’t get enough of the BJP sickening Hindutva ideology and Dear Leader’s deification.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They wont get 400 as they've pretty much completely lost South - 129 seats in the 5 states.
And with the 2026 delimitation on the cards, I don't think the South will vote for them next time around. However, their vote is likely to be inconsequential as they'll have enough numbers to pass any bill without any trouble.