India politics thread

AshRK

My conspiracy theory (based on nothing) is that Modi/Shah has managed to lay hands on some real dirty mud on Sonia/Rahul which could send them to jail for years. And that is why Congress has been acting like a bunch of good for nothing though they had ample opportunities to take the govt to task. It is not short of resources or money. Most of their protests have been super mild, just for a show off.
But have they been acting any good. They are still doing the same old dirty politics, hiding behind the likes of Kanhaiya Kumar and instigating people for their own good. If they were really changed then they would have announced a new face which is not a Gandhi but they love their power. It is not just about the protest but to think about the nation and go beyond their old dirty politics. I think hey missed a golden chance here, of course there is still a long way to go before next national election but they could ill afford to lose any time. Other parties like AAP have made new supporters by showing their work and showing their intention to do well for the nation. I just don't see that with this Gandhi led Congress.

RedDevil@84

But have they been acting any good. They are still doing the same old dirty politics, hiding behind the likes of Kanhaiya Kumar and instigating people for their own good. If they were really changed then they would have announced a new face which is not a Gandhi but they love their power. It is not just about the protest but to think about the nation and go beyond their old dirty politics. I think hey missed a golden chance here, of course there is still a long way to go before next national election but they could ill afford to lose any time. Other parties like AAP have made new supporters by showing their work and showing their intention to do well for the nation. I just don't see that with this Gandhi led Congress.
You are expecting a mainstream political party in India to think about the nation or do something useful. No ways.

MDFC Manager

Bolsonaro invited for the republic day this year. Which right wing icon will be invited next year?

AshRK

You are expecting a mainstream political party in India to think about the nation or do something useful. No ways.
You are correct, maybe I am expecting too much from Congress but I still had that hope where I expected Congress to come with a fresh face and give a new hope to this country. The issue with Congress persisting with Gandhi as their face is it will not work. People may be fed up with BJP but the same people would still vote for Modi instead of Rahul or even Priyanka.

It's funny how in today's time in relation to Indian politics either you are referred to as andh bhakt or an Anti Indian based on your comments, when in reality there are many people who are in middle and it's them who make the difference. A lot of people who I have talked to are irritated by Modi govt but they will never want Rahul as their leader. And this irritation was there before the previous election itself so I don't see how people will suddenly vote for Rahul as their PM.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I don't know what is more frustrating, BJP prioritizing ideological values over the real issues like Economy or Congress failing to capitalizing one more time by doing nothing. BJP will very well lose most state assembly elections (Hope they do in Delhi too) but at national level they might still be chosen because of lack of viable opposition.
If they came out united and strong against NRC/CAA Modi/Shah will destoy the sad remnants of the Congress party for decades more. They have been waiting for Kejriwal to go to JNU or the CAA protest so that they can attack him for that, and he's not taking the bait either.
Any move that is seen as pro-Muslim will be the end of any party, that is the reality and there is nothing that anybody who is not Modi or Shah can do about it.

Margaret Thatcher said that Tony Blair's Labour was her proudest acheivement, Modi can say that Muslims voting and begging for Thackeray as CM is his. He has re-made Indian politics in a way only Gandhi, Nehru and Indira did before.

coolredwine

lameredboots
People may be fed up with BJP but the same people would still vote for Modi instead of Rahul or even Priyanka.
Heh. Things that propaganda and reading from a tele-prompter do. Not pointing at you, btw.

Modi with his comments is worse than Gandhi. Only difference is that he has enough media and PR behind him.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
You are correct, maybe I am expecting too much from Congress but I still had that hope where I expected Congress to come with a fresh face and give a new hope to this country. The issue with Congress persisting with Gandhi as their face is it will not work. People may be fed up with BJP but the same people would still vote for Modi instead of Rahul or even Priyanka.

It's funny how in today's time in relation to Indian politics either you are referred to as andh bhakt or an Anti Indian based on your comments, when in reality there are many people who are in middle and it's them who make the difference. A lot of people who I have talked to are irritated by Modi govt but they will never want Rahul as their leader. And this irritation was there before the previous election itself so I don't see how people will suddenly vote for Rahul as their PM.
Modi is the most popular PM of my lifetime, and over 50% believe that he is the best PM in Indian history.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
i love that these people still exist, feels like something from 5-10 years ago

redsunited

‘Will Your ALLAH Come to Save You? … UP Police Asks Arrested Minor Boy

“Cops burned my hand, tried to throw me in fire in the street,” narrates the victim of Police brutalities in Uttar Pradesh

https://caravandaily.com/will-your-allah-come-to-save-you-up-police-asks-arrested-minor-boy/
Nice. This is exactly how the police should do when violence is done by rioters who destroy public property.

The biased article cherry picks a few of children (and peppers religious connotations) who may or may not be innocent, who got affected in the midst of police crackdown for sympathy.

Burning trains, buses etc and expect sympathy because police used heavy hand approach. Do this in any Islamic country or Western country or china, you will know how you will be dealt with. In India, you can always hide behind religion, minor etc and there will be journalists who cherry pick incidents to sensationalize news.

Now all leftists in the thread who believe whatever propoganda they read, will push up Internet traffic with their replies ;)

Last edited:

coolredwine

lameredboots
Nice. This is exactly how the police should do when violence is done by rioters who destroy public property.

The biased article cherry picks a few of children (and peppers religious connotations) who may or may not be innocent, who got affected in the midst of police crackdown for sympathy.

Burning trains, buses etc and expect sympathy because police used heavy hand approach. Do this in any Islamic country or Western country or china, you will know how you will be dealt with. In India, you can always hide behind religion, minor etc and there will be journalists who cherry pick incidents to sensationalize news.

Now all leftists in the thread who believe whatever propoganda they read, will push up Internet traffic with their replies ;)
:lol: can't believe someone actively supports torture and police brutality in this age. guess it's just one single breed of human species.

Yes, that's why the cops ended up doing this: https://scroll.in/article/950409/a-...ders-show-that-it-is-unable-to-offer-evidence

RedDevil@84

I always love the collateral argument. As long as someone else is getting hurt/killed in the "collateral", everyone seems ok.

AshRK

:lol: can't believe someone actively supports torture and police brutality in this age. guess it's just one single breed of human species.

Yes, that's why the cops ended up doing this: https://scroll.in/article/950409/a-...ders-show-that-it-is-unable-to-offer-evidence
Both sets of sides deserve each other. The action by police in UP is nothing but disgraceful. Instead of trying to bring peace and.order they are just causing more problem with incident like this.

And then we have idiotic protesters in Shaheen bagh trying to cause disruption to general public and trying to instigate people by making weird statements. Was hearing some comments made by Sharjeel Imam. How has he not been arrested yet is beyond me. The guy is openly advocating for muslims to attack houses and cutting assam from India.

Ultimately the loser here is the country. No love for the country and the only love is for their respective agendas.

coolredwine

lameredboots
And then we have idiotic protesters in Shaheen bagh trying to cause disruption to general public and trying to instigate people by making weird statements. Was hearing some comments made by Sharjeel Imam. How has he not been arrested yet is beyond me. The guy is openly advocating for muslims to attack houses and cutting assam from India.

Ultimately the loser here is the country. No love for the country and the only love is for their respective agendas.
:lol:

1. That guy is unrelated to Shaheen Bagh and to the protestors over there.
2. What's the point of a protest if nothing gets affected and changed? The general public is fine. They dealt with demonetisation, aadhar, aadhar linking and so on. This is much bigger and more important and the general public can deal with it easily.

AshRK

1. That guy is unrelated to Shaheen Bagh and to the protestors over there.
2. What's the point of a protest if nothing gets affected and changed? The general public is fine. They dealt with demonetisation, aadhar, aadhar linking and so on. This is much bigger and more important and the general public can deal with it easily.
Lack of information can be dangerous.

As for your second point. I will just leave it there as this debate will go nowhere.

Like I said love for country=0
Love for agenda = 1000%.

RedDevil@84

Measuring and comparing love for the country is like kids arguing who can pee farther or my d**k is bigger than yours. Childish and immature.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Brilliant post. Agree completely that buses, billboards and humans need to be treated equally. Who needs people when you have a billion plus of them, right? Buses and infrastructure on the other hand..

I don't agree with the 3rd paragraph. China, for all its flaws, didn't take sufficient action in HK protests. There were only 2 reported deaths till about a month ago. We managed to kill more people, and that's thanks to the efficiency of the police. This is 2020 afterall, we're a superpower under Modiji and our police has become more efficient

AshRK

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Modi is the most popular PM of my lifetime, and over 50% believe that he is the best PM in Indian history.
Well, given he has the media in his pocket it's easy to brainwash people with nonesense. In truth he's the most poinlsonous an dangerous PM I've witnessed.

coolredwine

lameredboots

https://www.pratidintime.com/cut-assam-ne-from-india-sharjeel-imam-at-shaheen-bagh-protest/

Major news agency also reporting the same. Ex JNU student who was present at many anti CAA rallies.
All those are propaganda websites, mate. ANI the biggest of the lot along with that Anshul and Ramesh Solanki chaps while poopindia being a wild rw blog.

I still don't see how he's a Shaheen Bagh 'mastermind' and delivered a speech there? I am sorry but you have been a fake news victim.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes

You should try your hand as a stand up comedian. Curtain raiser should be you eating a bag of ducks.

AshRK

All those are propaganda websites, mate. ANI the biggest of the lot along with that Anshul and Ramesh Solanki chaps while poopindia being a wild rw blog.

I still don't see how he's a Shaheen Bagh 'mastermind' and delivered a speech there? I am sorry but you have been a fake news victim.
That's true buddy. Anything against the agenda is termed fake. All the news are also fake eventhough most of them are saying sharjeel is someway or other have been involved with Shaheen bagh.

Again I am not saying all the protesters with Shaheen bagh share the same mentality. But this is dangerous and should not be encouraged. Being against the government is fine but if your goal is against the country it should be condemned.

coolredwine

lameredboots
That's true buddy. Anything against the agenda is termed fake. All the news are also fake eventhough most of them are saying sharjeel is someway or other have been involved with Shaheen bagh.
1. He didn't deliver the speech in Shaheen Bagh.
2. He's unrelated to Shaheen Bagh. Here's their twitter account writing literally the same 20 days ago!

But let's term him the 'mastermind' of Shaheen Bagh with 0 proof of their connection. I see logic doesn't fly beyond the first step in the face of propaganda :lol:

Last edited:

fishfingers15

Again I am not saying all the protesters with Shaheen bagh share the same mentality. But this is dangerous and should not be encouraged. Being against the government is fine but if your goal is against the country it should be condemned.
Are you the same one that got offended that you were a bjp supporter?

coolredwine

lameredboots
The guy in the video says, "if we had 5L people like Kanhaiya Kumar can attract, we can block the chicken neck for a month or two. Let the guys fly over using planes."

Your guys tweet, "Cut Northeast from India as Chicken Neck is Muslim dominated area" and "he wants to break India into different parts" and "I wonder how was Sharjeel Imam who spews venom against India allowed in Shaheen Bagh"

Like I said, you have been a victim of fake news. Cause facts don't matter, propaganda spreads.

AshRK

That's neither here or there. So you think it's Childish that the protests are violent and nothing about the proposed laws themselves?
Not everything is black and white. I have already stated countless time this thread how the government has disappointed me with their primary focus on ideologies rather than on economy. I have already said how they should have handled better the whole caa, ncr thing. I am not.going to repeat myself again and again.

As for the protesters, I don't completely agree with them and neither many people like me who have no affiliation with BJP i know are in favour of these protesters. Burning buses, causing havoc on the road is stupid. What's also funny half of the people seem to have little knowledge of the CAA and are just there because they hate Modi. If you really hate Modi then the primary protest should be for the economy. Anyways this is a never ending story. Modi government has his agenda and most of the protesters have their.

coolredwine

lameredboots
What's also funny half of the people seem to have little knowledge of the CAA and are just there because they hate Modi. If you really hate Modi then the primary protest should be for the economy.
Ah, we are back again to "did you even read the CAA before protesting?!"

fishfingers15

Not everything is black and white. I have already stated countless time this thread how the government has disappointed me with their primary focus on ideologies rather than on economy. I have already said how they should have handled better the whole caa, ncr thing. I am not.going to repeat myself again and again.

As for the protesters, I don't completely agree with them and neither many people like me who have no affiliation with BJP i know are in favour of these protesters. Burning buses, causing havoc on the road is stupid. What's also funny half of the people seem to have little knowledge of the CAA and are just there because they hate Modi. If you really hate Modi then the primary protest should be for the economy. Anyways this is a never ending story. Modi government has his agenda and most of the protesters have their.
I don't dispute any of what you said. Basically what you seem to be suggesting that we should all be disappointed at the government and but if protests turn violent, then they are nefarious and should be stopped. Your tolerance seems to be much higher for the government which perpetrated the entire argument and almost zero for dissenting people who were put in that position by the government themselves