India politics thread

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Hundreds of Huts of 'Illegal Bangladeshi Immigrants' Razed in Bengaluru, Turns Out All Are Indians
All the residents of the shanties have valid identity cards, including Aadhaar, pan and voter ID. Besides, those from Assam have also shown their names in the NRC.

https://www.news18.com/news/india/h...galuru-turns-out-all-are-indians-2465113.html
The reality on the ground it's so simple to get Aadhar card, driving licence and Pan card in India even for immigrants not born India.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Hundreds of Huts of 'Illegal Bangladeshi Immigrants' Razed in Bengaluru, Turns Out All Are Indians
All the residents of the shanties have valid identity cards, including Aadhaar, pan and voter ID. Besides, those from Assam have also shown their names in the NRC.

https://www.news18.com/news/india/h...galuru-turns-out-all-are-indians-2465113.html
shows the power of state govt. karnataka got a BJP govt after defections about 8-9 months ago, and now is going ahead with all this (including building a literal camp)

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
also demolition of huts and slums is one of the most tyrannical things govts do. in mumbai, a municipal officer called khairnar was famous for destroying houses and stalls in the 90s. the english press loved him: "demolition man" / "cleanup hero". the cruelty involved in this is unbelievable, destroying documents that prove residency, burning stuff, throwing away or stealing valuables, leaving people without a change of clothes and no way to get anything.

RedTiger

Half mast
also demolition of huts and slums is one of the most tyrannical things govts do. in mumbai, a municipal officer called khairnar was famous for destroying houses and stalls in the 90s. the english press loved him: "demolition man" / "cleanup hero". the cruelty involved in this is unbelievable, destroying documents that prove residency, burning stuff, throwing away or stealing valuables, leaving people without a change of clothes and no way to get anything.
The mindset is that they've never had anything in their history so going back to have nothing won't be too big an issue for them. We really have a major problem with having empathy with those who we deem below us socially and financially.

coolredwine

lameredboots
What is the point of CAA if that is the case? Pointless when it's so easy to create a fake ID.
None of those are admissible proof of citizenship as per the CAA rules.
CAA isn’t for Indian citizens/proving Indian citizenship though. Think you guys are referring to NRC.

Well, irrespective of the nature of and usage of those 3 cards, a name in electoral roll should suffice. Cause only an Indian citizen is allowed to vote. Now, if some low level government officer is taking bribes to illegally input illegitimate names in the list, that’s govt’s problems and not the citizens. The govt should be working to plug that and not force everyone to re-apply for citizenship.

coolredwine

lameredboots

RedDevil@84

AshRK

I don't know what is more frustrating, BJP prioritizing ideological values over the real issues like Economy or Congress failing to capitalizing one more time by doing nothing. BJP will very well lose most state assembly elections (Hope they do in Delhi too) but at national level they might still be chosen because of lack of viable opposition.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don't know what is more frustrating, BJP prioritizing ideological values over the real issues like Economy or Congress failing to capitalizing one more time by doing nothing. BJP will very well lose most state assembly elections (Hope they do in Delhi too) but at national level they might still be chosen because of lack of viable opposition.
I'd be shocked if BJP wins in Delhi. My dad who happens to be a strong BJP supporter (not a Bhakt, but slightly below that), has conceded that AAP has done good stuff in Delhi and he'd be voting for them.

As long as they (and their allies) lose grip on RS, I'd be satisfied with that as that would stop them from passing shit laws and acts.

AshRK

I'd be shocked if BJP wins in Delhi. My dad who happens to be a strong BJP supporter (not a Bhakt, but slightly below that), has conceded that AAP has done good stuff in Delhi and he'd be voting for them.

As long as they (and their allies) lose grip on RS, I'd be satisfied with that as that would stop them from passing shit laws and acts.
Same here. AAP has done some really good work and deserve another chance. My issue is with congress. I really expected after losing last year they would change their way and bring in new faces and new ideas which people can back but so far I don't see any change in them. Silly statements after silly statements, still relying on dirty politics, still spreading lies for their gain etc. The point is I don't see any change in them and if Rahul is again going to be the face of Congress then I worry for the country.

All this nonsense of Hindu v. Muslim, Left v. Right is irritating to say the least. It's like zero love for country but only love for their respective agendas.

RedDevil@84

or Congress failing to capitalizing one more time by doing nothing
My conspiracy theory (based on nothing) is that Modi/Shah has managed to lay hands on some real dirty mud on Sonia/Rahul which could send them to jail for years. And that is why Congress has been acting like a bunch of good for nothing though they had ample opportunities to take the govt to task. It is not short of resources or money. Most of their protests have been super mild, just for a show off.