India politics thread

coolredwine

lameredboots
What Shahjeel did is despicable...he needs to be tried.
Unsure if people calling for a bandh/chakka jam should be tried. Sets up a dangerous precedent.

Also, that guy is shady af. Calls for a bandh/protest against the current regime but doesn't mention the regime even once while dissing Gandhi. hmmm.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Yes it is a good political strategy. Kejriwal has recognised that there is an overlap between his base and Modi fans in the capital. Hence why he rarely attacks Modi now days as well. He was one of the first to welcome Art 370 removal too. He also put the onus on LS loss on Muslims deserting him for Congress, signalling to them that they need to come back to AAP fold for any chance to beat Modi. BJP is desperate to polarise the election around CAA and Shaheen Bagh agitation and Kejriwal has smartly avoided doing so. But it does kind of defeat the purpose of these elections when smart political strategy is to skirt any questions around one of the most burning issues of the day.
Not at all. This issue is only an issue solely because the bjp fecked up development, economy, jobs etc and they fell back on communal politics to distract from the real reasons that should decide elections.

AshRK

@AshRK - this is the problem today. You will rarely if ever hear non-radicalized people (Modi haters) justifying and promoting the words and actions of Islamic radicals when they suggest violence and bigotry. What Shahjeel did is despicable...he needs to be tried.

But then you have people like @redsunited who are such Modi lovers that they believe it is appropriate for the state to use any and all means available to profile people and suppress dissent.

In case you missed it, India's #2 Finance Minister, Anurag Thakur was chanting "shoot the traitors" at his election rally in Delhi. For elected officials to be engaging in such hate mongering is a new low in India
Like I said everything need not be black and white and neither everyone who have their opinion are Bhakt or Modi hater. Both set of sides have some idiots, unfortunately for the nation more are from our PM side, as confirmed by Anurag Thakur's statement.

I am glad to see your comments on Sharjeel but then there are many from the so called "non-radicalized people" who are still defending his stance. For them it's like either you are with us or against us. If you ask for peaceful protest they will question you and say you are another Bhakt, just like if you argue with other side and ask what is happening with economy they will twist the argument and say you don't love the country. Which is why arguing politics with people who are filled with agendas can be tedious.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yes it is a good political strategy. Kejriwal has recognised that there is an overlap between his base and Modi fans in the capital. Hence why he rarely attacks Modi now days as well. He was one of the first to welcome Art 370 removal too. He also put the onus on LS loss on Muslims deserting him for Congress, signalling to them that they need to come back to AAP fold for any chance to beat Modi. BJP is desperate to polarise the election around CAA and Shaheen Bagh agitation and Kejriwal has smartly avoided doing so. But it does kind of defeat the purpose of these elections when smart political strategy is to skirt any questions around one of the most burning issues of the day.
In a way, I'm happy that none of AAP or Congress leaders has gone there. BJP and the news channels would love to paint the entire protest as politically funded and motivated to make them lose the Delhi elections. Let the people protest and who knows, we might get a new leader/political party out of these protests that can bring this government down.

redsunited

@AshRK - this is the problem today. You will rarely if ever hear non-radicalized people (Modi haters) justifying and promoting the words and actions of Islamic radicals when they suggest violence and bigotry. What Shahjeel did is despicable...he needs to be tried.

But then you have people like @redsunited who are such Modi lovers that they believe it is appropriate for the state to use any and all means available to profile people and suppress dissent.

In case you missed it, India's #2 Finance Minister, Anurag Thakur was chanting "shoot the traitors" at his election rally in Delhi. For elected officials to be engaging in such hate mongering is a new low in India
*violence
Very conveniently you had twisted my post and you consider burning trains and buses as plain dissent which needs to be taken as normal human rights behaviour.

Like I said everything need not be black and white and neither everyone who have their opinion are Bhakt or Modi hater. Both set of sides have some idiots, unfortunately for the nation more are from our PM side, as confirmed by Anurag Thakur's statement.

I am glad to see your comments on Sharjeel but then there are many from the so called "non-radicalized people" who are still defending his stance. For them it's like either you are with us or against us. If you ask for peaceful protest they will question you and say you are another Bhakt, just like if you argue with other side and ask what is happening with economy they will twist the argument and say you don't love the country. Which is why arguing politics with people who are filled with agendas can be tedious.
Good luck with repeating yourself. Anyone who has different idea than them is Bhakt, modi lover etc, not someone who may have different ideas based on different issues.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Inappropriate behaviour by Kunal on this one. But no sympathy for Arnab whatsoever who has been behaving inappropriately with the Indian public for a decade abusing his position of power to exercise his pathetic 'journalism' for ages.

coolredwine

lameredboots
*violence
Very conveniently you had twisted my post and you consider burning trains and buses as plain dissent which needs to be taken as normal human rights behaviour.

Good luck with repeating yourself. Anyone who has different idea than them is Bhakt, modi lover etc, not someone who may have different ideas based on different issues.
:lol:

Suv666

Goswami deserves whatever comes his way. Kamra is so much more than a comedian now, has been doing the oppositions work for years now.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
feck all that shit, it's the bus burning crowd that needs to be put down immediately. We are a laughing stock as a country I tell you.

I despair at the thought of reds united and ashwin

AshRK

feck all that shit, it's the bus burning crowd that needs to be put down immediately. We are a laughing stock as a country I tell you.

I despair at the thought of reds united and ashwin
Ha still butthurt. Good. Maybe we should try burning public transports in the respective countries we live now and see how we are treated.

One thing I do agree there, yes we are a laughing stock of a country.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Ha still butthurt. Good. Maybe we should try burning public transports in the respective countries we live now and see how we are treated.

One thing I do agree there, yes we are a laughing stock of a country.
I take you haven't seen the gilet jaunes in France. Laughing stock isn't when 1 bus is burnt. It's deplorable and sad that the country has come to this. Laughing stock is when the govt goes out of their way to get a comedian banned from flights without following their own set of rules and due process.