India politics thread

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
The fundamental problems is that the measures imposed by governments and health institutions (not just in India) are given as "advisories". The very term makes it easier for the same to be ignored as it's not enforceable. If we are aggressively tackling this,they should have been enforceable orders with local police getting training on how to react (rather just lathi charge everyone and everything). "Advisories" don't work.

RedDevil@84

who tracks the visa offenders, again? A govt which can't even track visa offenders properly wants to implement a nationwide NRC.
And wasn't there was a ban on more than 200 people in Delhi? The Delhi Police and the ministry that controls it were supposed to implement the law. Not stand and watch the tamasha.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
The Delhi govt order banning gatherings was passed on March 13th. The preachers in there were in violation of their visas. And the people that dispersed from the jamaat to other parts of the country before 24th aren't presenting themselves for testing. Not that I entirely blame the jamaat of course, we can't really expect religious people to be as vigilant as the rest. But the same way that you have the modi haters blaming the government when there's no blame to be given, you'll also have haters of a different kind hating without cause.
You do realize that the seminar started on 1st march ?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
But the same way that you have the modi haters blaming the government when there's no blame to be given, you'll also have haters of a different kind hating without cause.
So just like many dislike the Modi government due to its policies, ideologies and general incompetence, you dislike Muslims as a people. Good to know.

Last edited:

coolredwine

lameredboots
And wasn't there was a ban on more than 200 people in Delhi? The Delhi Police and the ministry that controls it were supposed to implement the law. Not stand and watch the tamasha.
I mean, at this point, the incompetence of Delhi Police is well known. Although they are puppets, but have been inefficient for years now. Can’t be expected to do any job properly.

RedDevil@84

Meanwhile FIR is filed against The Wire for calling out Ajay Bisht on his naatak in Ayodhya after PM announced lockdown.

RedDevil@84

You do realize that the seminar started on 1st march ?
You may need to clarify if he thinks it was a seminar in the first place. Many people I know didn't even bother to know what was going on there. Just the words Nizamuddin, Jamaat and Corona was enough to have their knickers in twist.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
You may need to clarify if he thinks it was a seminar in the first place. Many people I know didn't even bother to know what was going on there. Just the words Nizamuddin, Jamaat and Corona was enough to have their knickers in twist.
Problem is that Kejriwal is the one who has speaker against it the most in public even demanding a FIR. Not as simple as blaming Sanghis for this.

RedDevil@84

Problem is that Kejriwal is the one who has speaker against it the most in public even demanding a FIR. Not as simple as blaming Sanghis for this.
The Kejriwal V2.0 is a politically upgraded version. Reciting Hanuman Chalisa impromptu, asking people to read Bhagvad Gita during lockdown and all.
There is nothing wrong in asking for an FIR to be filed as long as a law was broken.

Bestie07

Stop defending them. My brother was supposed to have his convocation on the 28th of March and his college had called it off on the 9th of March itself. I am working from home since March 11. This was something that the organizers should have been aware of and should have cancelled the event. Of course, there are plenty of bigots frothing at their mouths because of this, but that in no way can excuse the organizers of this meet for going ahead with it.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Stop defending them. My brother was supposed to have his convocation on the 28th of March and his college had called it off on the 9th of March itself. I am working from home since March 11. This was something that the organizers should have been aware of and should have cancelled the event. Of course, there are plenty of bigots frothing at their mouths because of this, but that in no way can excuse the organizers of this meet for going ahead with it.
You are expecting the entire population to display the same level of maturity and intelligence, which is not the case.

Bestie07

You are expecting the entire population to display the same level of maturity and intelligence, which is not the case.
And now I am seeing instances of people who attended this event not only not cooperating with the medical staff who went for their screening but actually attacking them in Indore and in Bangalore. Morons. I don't understand what is their thought process behind this.
Muslim religious leaders need to step in and make them realize the seriousness of this situation and ask them to cooperate with the medical staff.

coolredwine

lameredboots
And now I am seeing instances of people who attended this event not only not cooperating with the medical staff who went for their screening but actually attacking them in Indore and in Bangalore. Morons. I don't understand what is their thought process behind this.
Muslim religious leaders need to step in and make them realize the seriousness of this situation and ask them to cooperate with the medical staff.
It's not just them though. Happening elsewhere with others too. Somebody doing a membership drive, places of worship are still open and conducting their tamasha, people driving cops out because their procession was interrupted, minister running errands in a temple. A country of fools!

amolbhatia50k

It's not about defending them. Whoever has committed a crime should be behind bars whether that is having a congregation when there was a ban, or not presenting yourself to the authorities now. However, it's important not to villify a section of society as the sole irresponsible ones in a country full of them.

I knew not playing Holi on the 10th of March was the sensible thing to do. However my company made us come in peak rush to a huge densely populated office (MNC) till March 16th. And as has been mentioned before, PTI said it's not an emergency on the 13th. This was not as seriously looked at then as it is now.

Last edited:

RedDevil@84

I knew not playing Holi on the 10th of March was the sensible thing to do
My lovely neighbours back in India, went berserk at even the thought of not playing Holi because of Corona. Losing our culture, targeting only Hindu festivals and becoming westerners and all....

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Kejriwal is covering all his bases. It could backfire if everyone thinks he's their team-b because then people would start backing the bjp or congress which would be team-a for whatever reason.

Last edited:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
It's not about defending them. Whoever has committed a crime should be behind bars whether that is having a congregation when there was a ban, or not presenting yourself to the authorities now. However, it's important not to villify a section of society as the sole irresponsible ones in a country full of them.

I knew not playing Holi on the 10th of March was the sensible thing to do. However my company made us come in peak rush to a huge densely populated office (MNC) till March 16th. And as has been mentioned before, PTI said it's not an emergency on the 13th. This was not as seriously looked at then as it is now.
I was supposed to attend a marriage from the 12th to the 15th. My office was functioning till the 21st (although I didn't go after holi because i had taken an off to attend the marriage).

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Are we really discussing whether what the TJ did is not a criminal act? They had foreigners who were on tourist visa attending conference. This information was not shared with Government.

Now most of them are absconding. In Bihar, when few were traced, bullets were fired to stop the health care worker. In Indore, stone pelting was done on healthcare workers who were tracking one of the suspect. Doctors have complained that TJ members are abusing and spitting on them in Delhi.

Are people really defending these people?

RedDevil@84

Are we really discussing whether what the TJ did is not a criminal act? They had foreigners who were on tourist visa attending conference. This information was not shared with Government.

Now most of them are absconding. In Bihar, when few were traced, bullets were fired to stop the health care worker. In Indore, stone pelting was done on healthcare workers who were tracking one of the suspect. Doctors have complained that TJ members are abusing and spitting on them in Delhi.

Never send nurses to do a police job.
Anyways this is news to me. Till yesterday, the workers attacked in Indore had gone to collect samples and not round up any suspects. And till yesterday this had nothing to do with TJ .

By the way. if TJ did criminal offenses, the cops should do their job and get them arrested and prosecuted in courts. Simple as that.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Not just are they probably spreading the virus (same in Pakistan btw), they're a pretty conservative faction that really should not be championed by liberals.
The thing is that Sanghis will use those Urdu-sounding words to do what they do best with this virus.

RedDevil@84

Not just are they probably spreading the virus (same in Pakistan btw), they're a pretty conservative faction that really should not be championed by liberals.
The thing is that Sanghis will use those Urdu-sounding words to do what they do best with this virus.
I think the liberals (at least the sane ones) are not championing the faction's cause. They are just against blaming "only" them for organizing the seminar, while rest of country was doing the same. Accusing them of purposefully spreading corona. And against blaming the Muslim community as a whole for that event.

If they are breaking (have broken) the laws of the land, they must be prosecuted.

amolbhatia50k

No. Read people's posts before reaching conclusions. Also, what information wasn't "shared with the government"? Who gives out tourist visas and did they really not know about such a huge event? There's even photos of cops around the event entrance, and people here are staying there's a police chowki next to it.

Anyone who has broken the law should of course be strictly punished whether that's carrying out a banned act, spitting on doctors or running from the law.

amolbhatia50k

They're not being championed. The right wing racism/bigotry is being countered as it always should be. I won't admonish all Muslims because of these nutjobs just like I won't do with my family, friends and fellow good natured Hindus because of the BJP (and bhakts) and their piss poor and harmful Hindutva agenda.

Suv666

This nation is beyond repair. Sucks to be a Muslim in India right now. Every news channel is acting like the Nizamuddin scandal is some kind of terrorist attack, Corona Jihad. Incredible! Seeing Whatsapp and Instagram stories from some of my seniors and colleagues with super Islamophobic captions is heartbreaking! I wonder how bad it'll be in 5 years.

RedDevil@84

This nation is beyond repair. Sucks to be a Muslim in India right now. Every news channel is acting like the Nizamuddin scandal is some kind of terrorist attack, Corona Jihad. Incredible! Seeing Whatsapp and Instagram stories from some of my seniors and colleagues with super Islamophobic captions is heartbreaking! I wonder how bad it'll be in 5 years.
Take it as a golden opportunity to get rid of bigots (of any religion) from your social media.
Also it would help to talk and interact with actual people. Internet seems to somehow bring the worst in people. Normal people who go about their lives usually become hardcore bigots on the internet.

Suv666

Take it as a golden opportunity to get rid of bigots (of any religion) from your social media.
Also it would help to talk and interact with actual people. Internet seems to somehow bring the worst in people. Normal people who go about their lives usually become hardcore bigots on the internet.
Yeah I guess thats true. People on social media are on another level of bigotary.
I feel like there is no point in blocking people. There opinions arent going away and these are people I actually work with not randoms. Guess it would improve my mental health though.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
It''s amazing that Swamy, Mr. Email Forward himself, has become a RS MP and had some shot at a cabinet berth if he wasn't so personally obnoxious to more powerful people. His actual political work in whatever Janata Party offshot he headed was before I was born.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
No. Read people's posts before reaching conclusions. Also, what information wasn't "shared with the government"? Who gives out tourist visas and did they really not know about such a huge event? There's even photos of cops around the event entrance, and people here are staying there's a police chowki next to it.

Anyone who has broken the law should of course be strictly punished whether that's carrying out a banned act, spitting on doctors or running from the law.
You are not allowed to attend religious congregation on tourist visa. This information that foreigners are attending event has to be shared especially when foreign nationals were being asked to self isolation. It was only when people started dying all across the country that link was found. Even then it was known the actual number of people residing inside the place. Tourist visa are quite normal and there is no "big conspiracy" here. Also let me tell you that police actually don not want to go that area and do patrolling for whatever reason. This issue is not just exclusive to Nizzamuddin, its common theme across the country. Whether it is right or wrong or even speculate about the reason, i am under no position to do that, but its the sad reality of the situation that we have in this country. Most of these religious congregation (be it of any religion) dont ask for permission because they know they have enough political and social support, that they can get away with it.

TJ has been accused of harboring terrorist and perpetuating archaic form of Islam even before this event. Lets not pretend they are just missionaries as being portrayed by certain journalist (tweet above as an example).

The issue is simple, certain section of media and twitter trolls is attacking Muslims for this event since it was Islamic Congregation, if it was an RSS or other Hindu event, certain section of media, twitter trolls and liberal activist would be doing exactly same. Polarization is on both side. In both cases, normal people like us get screwed.

Right now all i am worried about is my parents who have pre-existing condition. I can understand why people are angry. What benefit will i get by blaming someone who is innocent in all this? Most of the people who have actually died are Muslims who attended the congregation themselves and they have mostly infected their own family members.

Hatred and bigotry is not exclusive to one community as it is often represented here and other social media sites. Playing the victim card always is what has led to this situation (be it of any religion).

Last edited: